Options

Should I just say forget it!! Chad sword!

VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
So I have Blessed Blade of Couintav at 15/15, and I keep farming L Nian for Chad sword. I have the reagents(minus 2 DP Sshards which I can buy with gems) to max the Blade of Couintav, but I am holding out for a Chad drop. I am currently on L Hellboy, I have only fought him a couple times, haven't defeated him yet, but I know if I keep trying I can beat him soon. One reason I don't want to is because I will lose all my daily quests from just before him.

Anyway, my question is: should I just max the Blade of Couintav and begin farming L Hellboy with it, then go for a Chad drop? Or should I keep farming L Nian for a Chad sword, max it, then start farming L Hellboy much easier?

I don't want to leave L Nian without Chad sword, but its getting ridiculous!! I can beat him under 30 secs and fight him hours and hours day(enough times to get almost 50 DC sshards!!) and still nothing. I am patient when it comes to farming but this is outta hand!!

What should I do? Does L Hellboy have a better chance to drop Chad sword?

Can I still succeed in endless 110+ with a maxed Blade of Courintav until I get something lvl 44?

Thanks for the help

Vykus

Comments

• Options
    GrimolfGrimolf Registered Users 10 Posts
    Im eager for this answer also. This is exactly the question i have for the players who know. Thank you.
  • Options
    jakub1302jakub1302 Registered Users 197 Posts
    I can only speak for myself - I was in the same situation untill I finally got chad from nian. Yes, it's possible. I wouldn't even try to touch hellboy without chad, it would bring me only headache. Also passing levels 114 and further with courintav blade would be nightmare beyond imagination, so I would kindly advice sir: be just a little more patient. The Chad is gonna be dropped neverthless and when it does it'll bring you joy and hellboy to your feet. Happy farming! :)
    EW3: Jakub1302
    BGI: Jakub 1302, the guildleader of Goodfellas
  • Options
    Thx jakub really appreciate the info. Do u happen to know if L hellboy drops golds weapons anymore?
  • Options
    jakub1302 wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself - I was in the same situation untill I finally got chad from nian. Yes, it's possible. I wouldn't even try to touch hellboy without chad, it would bring me only headache. Also passing levels 114 and further with courintav blade would be nightmare beyond imagination, so I would kindly advice sir: be just a little more patient. The Chad is gonna be dropped neverthless and when it does it'll bring you joy and hellboy to your feet. Happy farming! :)

Ugh! More farming I guess. I was afraid this would be the answer.

Its just sooo frustrating because I have literally got EVERY OTHER gold sword L Nian drops, lvls 31 and 36, except Chad. Every time I see a flash of yellow and a 36 sword I get my hopes up, only to find Righteous Fury, Courintav Blade, blah blah all the rest.

Anyway thanks for the response, *sigh*
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Registered Users 51 Posts
    Max the blade, farm lhb for chad instead together with unbreakable gear, you got nothing to win by keep farming nian...
    The difference between the 2 swords wont make a "huge" difference on the timer anyway, a few seconds give or take, nothing more
    .:CAARNAGE:.
    <Ex0duS>
  • Options
    Grimolf wrote: »
    Thx jakub really appreciate the info. Do u happen to know if L hellboy drops golds weapons anymore?

NO problem mate ;) Yeah, it happened to me some time ago, he dropped chad. It's now extremely rare after the update. You'll get better luck in endless floors 100-110.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Registered Users 51 Posts
    You will still go from ~2mins perkill to 40seconds with courintav at 0/0
    .:CAARNAGE:.
    <Ex0duS>
  • Options
    Thx again. I've gotten some unbreakable gear but not a single gold weapon from L hellboy in a week so i went back to nian. I'll keep at hellboy and hope. Lol. Thx for the help!
  • Options
    Ugh! More farming I guess. I was afraid this would be the answer.

Its just sooo frustrating because I have literally got EVERY OTHER gold sword L Nian drops, lvls 31 and 36, except Chad. Every time I see a flash of yellow and a 36 sword I get my hopes up, only to find Righteous Fury, Courintav Blade, blah blah all the rest.

Anyway thanks for the response, *sigh*

You're welcome sir. Anyway, if you're too tired of farming him, you can start farming hellboy with that courintav blade maxed, it's just better with chad. And you get some serious regents on the other hand. The choice is yours.
  • Options
    NO problem mate ;) Yeah, it happened to me some time ago, he dropped chad. It's now extremely rare after the update. You'll get better luck in endless floors 100-110.

Chad drops in Endless as well?
  • Options
    You're welcome sir. I'd really try my luck in endless, far better hope of anything decent. Keep up faith :)
  • Options
    Heero wrote: »
    Max the blade, farm lhb for chad instead together with unbreakable gear, you got nothing to win by keep farming nian...
    The difference between the 2 swords wont make a "huge" difference on the timer anyway, a few seconds give or take, nothing more

Thanks, I just may do this, as I am so tired of farming LN! grrrr.. I see visions of his lightning ***** in my sleep lol.. I actually got an Unbreakable Helm of Resolve from L Nian as well...
  • Options
    Chad drops in Endless as well?

that is correct
  • Options
    Thanks, I just may do this, as I am so tired of farming LN! grrrr.. I see visions of his lightning ***** in my sleep lol.. I actually got an Unbreakable Helm of Resolve from L Nian as well...

Haha :D Happened to me as well a few times
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    What is your iif%?
  • Options
    Mine is 254.6%
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    that is correct

what level do the best gold weapons drop in endless?
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Maxed Chad and Courintav are almost the same when fighting hellboy. I'm working on my final character monk, and he got Fists of the Eastern Wind (less than 100 kills, i was lucky). It's CD/IIF. But I'm going to head straight to leg hellboy with 15/15 Eastern Wind. CC/CD is very good, but it's not as important as farming the higher level bosses. Hell, i farmed leg hellboy with mage with a gold lvl 31.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    What are the higher level bosses besides l hellboy? Endless?
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    What are the higher level bosses besides l hellboy? Endless?

Well, the new ice caverns are very challenging.

And yes, endless is much harder than hellboy.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
    So what did you end up doing Vykus? Did you max your blade and go to hellboy? Did you lose the daily quests from right before you beat him?

I'm in the same spot with Skysplitter. It's at 15/15 and Nian isn't dropping anything. But I don't want to lose the quests by beating hell boy...I have Couintav also but it seems silly to spend the regents on it just for IIF...
  • Options
    VRWRX wrote: »
    So what did you end up doing Vykus? Did you max your blade and go to hellboy? Did you lose the daily quests from right before you beat him?

I'm in the same spot with Skysplitter. It's at 15/15 and Nian isn't dropping anything. But I don't want to lose the quests by beating hell boy...I have Couintav also but it seems silly to spend the regents on it just for IIF...

Yes I maxed Courintav and beat hellboy. I would go ahead and beat hellboy too if I were you, you still keep 5 daily quests, including the one to defeat him which is 2 blue and 3 iron offering spins. The gear is so much better from l hellboy your better off just going to him and start farming unbreakables and a possible chad sword.

Just my opinion though, but I think your good to defeat him.
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    I think you should farm endless mode for at least a purple butcher lvl 44 sword. You have enough damage to do it and it will save you lots of time cuz if you get chad thats what you're gonna try to do next anyways. Just to tell you, I've received about 10 chads before but my first one was millivance. Chad was the second gold 36 I got almost right after the shining blade of lord Millivance in Lnian.
  • Options
    VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
    Yes I maxed Courintav and beat hellboy. I would go ahead and beat hellboy too if I were you, you still keep 5 daily quests, including the one to defeat him which is 2 blue and 3 iron offering spins. The gear is so much better from l hellboy your better off just going to him and start farming unbreakables and a possible chad sword.

Just my opinion though, but I think your good to defeat him.

Thank you!
  • Options
    rodolfof1rodolfof1 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I´ve got two Chads from LNian in sequence!! IIF about 130!!
  • Options
    Yash ChawlaYash Chawla Registered Users 82 Posts
    Dude after the update they removed the chances for getting Chad from nian now you only get it from hellboy
    Also known as - psyched!
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    After the nerf to bellboy i d say upgrade the courintav.
    You can get 5 dpss farming hellboy in around a day — from there prey for a purple l44 drop from 115 or 120 endless (which you should be able to beat after you get full unbreakable from hb)
  • Options
    BaalbackBaalback Registered Users 7 Posts
    Chad is slightly better then other gold lvl 36 weapons. You might kill Leg Hellboy about 20 seconds faster. I would stop farming Nian as soon as I can kill Leg Hellboy for unbreakable items.