Options

Moloch, please explain the drastic reduction in tournament rewards.

bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
How can you justify going from 20, 15 and 10 gold rune offerings for guilds and individuals down to 10,7,5,4,3? It's bad enough you constantly let hackers win the tournaments and now you do this. Do you even care about the legit players anymore? Ban the hackers, clean the leader boards and hall of fame up and fix the rewards to what they were please.
Android Guild - upgrade
Position - CO Guild Leader
Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comments

• Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Same here , it is annoying to put all your effort for a tourney an at the end what u get 5/4 gold rune offer and 20 iron ? What is the point in this
  • Options
    chmkchmk Registered Users 34 Posts
    They're too cowardly to give u a response, the response being- let's take 1 step forward and three steps back! Yay! U no more green runes, no! -14 gold runes.
    <Ex0dus>
    Senior Officer
  • Options
    Bumpity bump
    Android Guild - upgrade
  • Options
    Bump again
    Android Guild - upgrade
  • Options
    KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    Yes, I would like an explanation of this but better yet, just make the prizes closer to what they were before. A major issue is also how tiny the difference in guild prizes are between tiers after the top two spots- top ten vs top 25 = 1 rune token and 5 iron tokens is not at all in line with the effort needed to finish too ten; same with top 25 and top 50.

And while we are on the subject of Tour prizes, I think the tier 8 prizes for the top two inevitably creates a situation where the top players all gravitate to two guilds; which two guilds has fluctuated but it has come down to 1 or two guilds dominating with the other guilds way behind. I think Better prizes for, say #3-5 would make the tours more competitive and fun for the 99+% of players who aren't in the top two guilds. I know the #2 guild broke up recently, so there has been more competition lately but the #1 guild hasn't had had any Real competition in quite a while. I'm not ragging on 1United, but again thats just 50 players out of thousands. And the rest of us, resent not the fact that 1U wins all the time but that it is impossible to compete with them and the #3-10 spots are effectively all a tie for 3rd, as the prizes are all the same.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Coach, don't resent the fact that OneUnited wins all the time.

You should resent the fact that a ton, and i mean a TON just ditch their guilds, good or bad, to go to OU. And then half of them get kicked out.

Rinse and repeat.

nothing against OU, but that is just sickening.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    I thought i made it clear i don't resent 1U- just that the system glû has now makes for a lack of competition. If not, then I just did.
  • Options
    I see Moloch answer questions in other threads but he seems to avoid anything that questions g|u.
    Android Guild - upgrade
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    This is a must. Rewards have to get fixed.
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    I would like to answer on behalf of glu. (honestly no disrespect here moloch, just my perception)

due to the amount of hackers and our lack of concern about it many players have quit and those who have stayed are not spending the amount of money they once were.

As we just recently introduced runes we feel that giving players less of a chance to work for them through tournaments may force the truly devoted fans to once again spend more money.

We realize this is upsetting and that if we just listened to you and actually did something about the hackers you would be happier and possibly spend more.

unfortunately we ran a cost benefit analysis and you lose.
  • Options
    Lol awesome response.
    Android Guild - upgrade
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Moloch is not just an admin. He is a part of the development team.

Here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?4018-Who-are-all-these-moderators-and-admins

Read it and educate yourself.

Moloch knows exactly what's going on. He's just been ignoring or not caring about us.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts

Here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?4018-Who-are-all-these-moderators-and-admins

Moloch knows exactly what's going on. He's just been ignoring or not caring about us.

that doesn't really change anything at all...don't assume that everyone who frequents the boards is ignorant. We may joke and placate but not all players are children or imperceptive. It seems fairly clear that moloch knows much more than he lets on but in all fairness to him (whether or not he deserves it) he works for glu and answers to someone. There is no reason to assume he is holding back because he wants to. That being said obviously we are not going to stop asking, poking and prodding until we get answers and solutions or just quit for good. Clearly from the difficulty rollback, on a blue moon they listen to us. anyway 22 hours of game play has fried my brain for the night. I am going to bed.
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    we finished 6th or 7th this tourney. Sure, we got less rewards but all in all it seems fair. That new god without green runes is just awesome.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    bigBrules wrote: »
    How can you justify going from 20, 15 and 10 gold rune offerings for guilds and individuals down to 10,7,5,4,3? It's bad enough you constantly let hackers win the tournaments and now you do this. Do you even care about the legit players anymore? Ban the hackers, clean the leader boards and hall of fame up and fix the rewards to what they were please.

We changed the amount of tokens given for winning tournaments when we changed the rune offering rewards. As to your other queries, they are being looked into at this time. We are aware of the issue, but won't comment on it until we know more about how we can best go about resolving it.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts

No, I am not. Those definitions are some what outdated at this time. Neither Handles nor myself are part of the dev team, although we do interact with them.
This discussion has been closed.