Options

Noob Questions!

Hey guys,

I just started yesterday and right now I have a lvl 14 monk and lvl 9 warrior. I usually do not like tank characters in RPGs so I picked the monk, but I have been seeing on here that the monk might be a little useless when it comes to higher levels.

My main goal right now is to unlock the mage, so should I play with warrior or monk?

Also, how do I unlock the mage? By beating the whole game? And what level would that be around?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    CircAG wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I just started yesterday and right now I have a lvl 14 monk and lvl 9 warrior. I usually do not like tank characters in RPGs so I picked the monk, but I have been seeing on here that the monk might be a little useless when it comes to higher levels.

My main goal right now is to unlock the mage, so should I play with warrior or monk?

Also, how do I unlock the mage? By beating the whole game? And what level would that be around?

Thank you!

I haven't seen the screen for a while but if you try to switch your hero to play mage the game tells you what is needed. Defeat Ivar mountain.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Hey guys,

Thank you!

Play as warrior. In my opinion, it is the best character.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    CircAGCircAG Registered Users 2 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    Defeat Ivar mountain.

Yes, but how do you defear Ivar Mountain? Is that like the end of the game?
  • Options
    FaraziFarazi Registered Users 31 Posts
    Yes, but how do you defear Ivar Mountain? Is that like the end of the game?

Yes, in normal mode. After you defeat Ivar Mountains in normal mode, you unlock the mage. Ivar Mountains is pretty far away so it will take some time for you to be able to reach and kill the boss.
  • Options
    SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    You'll need either your warrior or monk to be around level 30 with about 2000 GS. Here's a map of what you've probably not yet unlocked. Ivar mountain is where you unlock the mage. Suggested GS is 2200.

3rFqIRi.jpg
    Jewelz
  • Options
    sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    I was able to beat HB with 1.7k gs monk. Just get a lvl 26 green weapon, farm 2 demon hearts and off you go.