Options

PvP on the horizon

maccs85maccs85 Registered Users 15 Posts
So with PvP combat on the horizon, I would like to ask moloch and gluadmin what precautions are the dev team going to use so that PvP is a hack free zone and everyone has a fair chance. Also if they are going to stop the hacking/cheating will this pass on to endless aswell??

Comments

• Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Nothing.

/10chars
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    The team is aware of the hacking issues and will be doing the best they can to address them. We wouldn't release the details of that on an open forum... where there are hackers. :/
  • Options
    LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    The team is aware of the hacking issues and will be doing the best they can to address them. We wouldn't release the details of that on an open forum... where there are hackers. :/

Just remove rooted devices. Since most hack softwares need a rotors phone/tablet to work
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

How about show their name like boss fight, and may be show their MP too. So if they cheat unlimit MP or do massive damage we can report them with screen shot or video easily
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    How about show their name like boss fight, and may be show their MP too. So if they cheat unlimit MP or do massive damage we can report them with screen shot or video easily
    lotta good screenshots do right now. Look at all the hackers still on leaderboards after umpty million screenshots. I agree, just ban all rooted / jailbroken devices.
  • Options
    MinatoMinato Registered Users 16 Posts
    The tournament is full of cheaters every time! Must exclude definitely this noob ..
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Well that would be unfair , not all people jailbreaking their phones hackers , that makes no sense
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    Well that would be unfair , not all people jailbreaking their phones hackers , that makes no sense
    it does suck but it seems to me that it is the easiest solution. As long as jailbroken devices are allowed to play there will ALWAYS be someone who figures out a hack. I also have a jailbroken phone that i only have done strictly for using the hotspot (fûck you at&t). So i only play on ipad which is not jailbroken.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Absolutely NOT fair to ban rooted/jailbroken devices. I use a rooted device for certain apps that I would not be able to use without root, that have nothing to do with this game or hacking. I have put in a lot of time and a few dollars into the game all 100% fair.

Need to address the hacking from a coding standpoint, not just "ban all rooted/jailbroken" devices
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    These games will always have hackers and abusers. The real solution is to not take this game seriously.