Options

Is Mage really a God in Endless?

UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
I've been using mage for a while. But with a fully evolved gold lvl 36, it can't go past 110 in endless without running out of time. Do i just suck? Is there a trick to using her?
UltraSceptile~Forums King.

Comments

• Options
    ChupaChupChupaChup Registered Users 5 Posts
    I was in the same boat, I could't get past 120 until i picked up a 44 gold weapon and fully evolved it. Those 10-15 floors are a bit of a bottleneck.
  • Options
    And the only way to get them is through money.

Gee, Glu, thanks for evening out the playing field!
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    With a level 47 mage (aka not max damage) and a level 36 weapon, I can reach 115 if the bosses are not bearman/cyclops. Probably would be able to do it more often if I played a little more aggressively and used potions.

The level 44 weapons are the key to be able to go further IMO.

To answer the question, mage and warrior both are really good at endless due to their ability to damage multiple enemies at once.
  • Options
    noob201noob201 Registered Users 30 Posts
    i have a maxed monk with 36 gold and all unbreakables max and yet to go past 112. Just started a mage, so far as i see it, mage is superior than monk. Mage energy replendish fast, cost less to cast, good froze and damg combo. Been able to farm bosses, with my monk i would need better gears. Been able to run her thru wave 50 now at level 26 with mixtures of level 11-21 blues and purples not fully maxed. Has high hopes for mage
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    I have an 11k gs lvl 50 mage. She is by no means a god in endless. But i usually run 111-125 with very few hiccups. At about 128 if you run into bearmen its the same problem of running out of time before doing enough damage. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont. The key for any class is the lvl 44 gold wep. Without it you just cant do the damage you need to get past 114 usually. I was one of the lucky people to be around and get mine from jade cyclops. Now to get one looks like its a money game.

And btw my warrior and monk are both at 9500gs with there 44 weapons. The warrior has a pretty easy time of it too with his parry. His other skills are pretty much never used. Just attack and parry. The monk though is pretty much worthless even at this lvl. Rarely make it to 120. His skills cost way too much and the cooldowns are way too long. But the worst thing is his dodge. Both mage and warrior have awesome dodge skills that render you invulnerable and attack the enemy. The monks dodge says it makes you invulnerable, yeah for a split second. Now throw in 3-4 catkins and see how well that dodge does with their crazy attack speed.
    If you get off his area skills it can save you. But then you are out of mana for the next wave. This is all of course assuming no pots. With pots just a lil bit better.

Sorry this turned into a monk bashing. But man they really gotta fix his balance issues. So yeah, mage awesome, warrior very good, and monk ****.
  • Options
    worawatworawat Registered Users 36 Posts
    My mage 11000 gs can run through 110-120 easily. Her problem is 130+ floor where she can't hit through enemies even with Nightfire. Only Warrior at 10% health can hit through 130-140+ floor. It's extremely risky, but it is the only way to go to 140+ floor without hacking.
  • Options
    My 10977 (that 33 missing gs is ****ing me off) can also easily run 110-120 unless something bad happens. It dies quickly on 124 though, even with murdermaker.

I'm starting to think that the only way to progress with mage is to spend 20 bucks for a godly and that guaranteed purple weapon. It's gonna be hard to convince my dad though.
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Just like I said on the other thread: practice and luck. Trust me any Lv. 44 purple is better than Brainscrambler (the CC is a bit better than CD). I got my Purple Destroyer at 113 and it took me almost 2 weeks at 8-10 endlees tries a day to get the Nightfire at 114. Use Berserker Talisman and Ring because you need lots of ER. Also if you're not level 50 you won't make it.
  • Options
    Trainelu wrote: »
    Just like I said on the other thread: practice and luck. Trust me any Lv. 44 purple is better than Brainscrambler (the CC is a bit better than CD). I got my Purple Destroyer at 113 and it took me almost 2 weeks at 8-10 endlees tries a day to get the Nightfire at 114. Use Berserker Talisman and Ring because you need lots of ER. Also if you're not level 50 you won't make it.

So how hard is it with purple level 44 at 115 with mage? I have masterful wand of the butcher.
  • Options
    Rentoc wrote: »
    I have an 11k gs lvl 50 mage. She is by no means a god in endless. But i usually run 111-125 with very few hiccups. At about 128 if you run into bearmen its the same problem of running out of time before doing enough damage. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont. The key for any class is the lvl 44 gold wep. Without it you just cant do the damage you need to get past 114 usually. I was one of the lucky people to be around and get mine from jade cyclops. Now to get one looks like its a money game.

And btw my warrior and monk are both at 9500gs with there 44 weapons. The warrior has a pretty easy time of it too with his parry. His other skills are pretty much never used. Just attack and parry. The monk though is pretty much worthless even at this lvl. Rarely make it to 120. His skills cost way too much and the cooldowns are way too long. But the worst thing is his dodge. Both mage and warrior have awesome dodge skills that render you invulnerable and attack the enemy. The monks dodge says it makes you invulnerable, yeah for a split second. Now throw in 3-4 catkins and see how well that dodge does with their crazy attack speed.
    If you get off his area skills it can save you. But then you are out of mana for the next wave. This is all of course assuming no pots. With pots just a lil bit better.

Sorry this turned into a monk bashing. But man they really gotta fix his balance issues. So yeah, mage awesome, warrior very good, and monk ****.

Mage is not awesome....I barely beat level 100 with gold level 36. Too much time is wasted trying to freeze multiple enemies at once, and the Ogre (bearman is ok) is way too bulky.
  • Options
    MixtacyMixtacy Registered Users 68 Posts
    Depends who the bosses are. It's nearly impossible to kill the dual bears or dual cyclops due to not having enough DPS. (Always running out of time) I did however got passed that issue using 3 mana pots and just spamming my Ulty whenever it was cooled down.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**
  • Options
    Mixtacy wrote: »
    Depends who the bosses are. It's nearly impossible to kill the dual bears or dual cyclops due to not having enough DPS. (Always running out of time) I did however got passed that issue using 3 mana pots and just spamming my Ulty whenever it was cooled down.

Ulty?

You mean laser?
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    So how hard is it with purple level 44 at 115 with mage? I have masterful wand of the butcher.

115 should not be a problem, Butcher is great. I think 7 times out of 10 at least.
    124-125 and 129-130 are really hard even with Nightfire if you get 2 Big Bosses. Maybe with godly ring and talisman it can be done but otherwise I don't see how. I used 5 revives on 130 and couldn't make it, only one was down and the other a little under half life. Oh, and one icy hit from Bearman and you're toasted.
  • Options
    Mage is not awesome....I barely beat level 100 with gold level 36. Too much time is wasted trying to freeze multiple enemies at once, and the Ogre (bearman is ok) is way too bulky.
    That is why i said the key is the lvl 44 gold wep for any class. They all have trouble around 100 with a 36. And as for you wasting time with freeze, dont. Just sounds like you need better tactics with her. Beginning of every round i toss up orb. That kills plenty including bosses while i just work around the fringe and catch strays. Thats what you use freeze for. Keep them in the orbs range. Your eruption is what you use when you have them clumped. Very fast cooldown. You can practically spam it. The laser i usually only use on 115, 120, 125, etc. just to end the series quick. And btw with skills maxed and zerk rings freeze actually makes mana for you. Pretty rare i find myself wanting for mana.
  • Options
    Trainelu wrote: »
    115 should not be a problem, Butcher is great. I think 7 times out of 10 at least.
    124-125 and 129-130 are really hard even with Nightfire if you get 2 Big Bosses. Maybe with godly ring and talisman it can be done but otherwise I don't see how. I used 5 revives on 130 and couldn't make it, only one was down and the other a little under half life. Oh, and one icy hit from Bearman and you're toasted.
    yeah without pots 128 is usually where i bite it. And its usually due to timer running out. I only remember having butcher for a short time, i got very lucky with an early Vlad drop from JC, but i remember it worked great. Pretty sure i was clearing 115 regularly with it.
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    finally at lvl 40 on my mage =) 4 more levels and I'll do the new Gold coin bundle =) I cant wait to run into this problem =) I like the challenge... People say it's impossible and Im anxious to know how hard =)
  • Options
    SteveMurch wrote: »
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/gluu The Glu company has been banning/corrupting the save files of any member that reaches wave 150 in endless mode. I've spoken with multiple victims of this and have received emails of receipts showing that they have spent hundreds if not thousands. What's worse is they wait and wait while collecting your hard-earned money until you haven't made a purchase for a while to ban/corrupt you're save files. Let's put a stop to this people. They have an amazing customer base with zero customer care. I've read more than my fair share of emails with proof that Glu refuses to take any responsibility in fixing these issues nor more importanatly, refunding any money they've stolen. The opening link shows $425,000,000 market capital. More than enough to fix these issues yet not nearly enough to refund any of it to the victims they've so quickly decided to ban/corrupt. I will not be spending anything on any game made by Glu as i hope any who read this will agree. Thank you for your time.

Hey, this is your guildmate's thread man. Let's keep it on topic:)
  • Options
    SlayriskSlayrisk Registered Users 14 Posts
    My 10977 (that 33 missing gs is ****ing me off) can also easily run 110-120 unless something bad happens. It dies quickly on 124 though, even with murdermaker.

I'm starting to think that the only way to progress with mage is to spend 20 bucks for a godly and that guaranteed purple weapon. It's gonna be hard to convince my dad though.

33? o.O I think you mean 23 xDD
    Keep calm and farm on.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    There are different lv 44 gold weapons also.

Vlad's is top GS of 3472, 3101.8 attack, 98.6% CD crit damage, 54.2% IIF

There are others higher
  • Options
    Slayrisk wrote: »
    33? o.O I think you mean 23 xDD

Yeah. Doesn't matter. I already broke 12.5k with all my gear.
  • Options
    There are different lv 44 gold weapons also.

Vlad's is top GS of 3472, 3101.8 attack, 98.6% CD crit damage, 54.2% IIF

There are others higher

Gold lvl44 refers to any gold lvl44.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    I reach 108 highest with a level 36 purple (15/15) and a blue lightning rune on my ring.
  • Options
    Jkilla24Jkilla24 Registered Users 11 Posts
    My mage is 11k and can get to lvl 130 depending on how many cats there r but highest lvl i got to is lvl 139. Im using nightfire