Options

Monk

jdcianzjdcianz Registered Users 1 Posts
Monk should get a rebalance of stats. Unlike warrior and mages, monk have a low percent of evasive maneuvers. Like warrior can block which is defense, and mages can teleport and slow the enemy. Monk only have dash and movement speed i think its unfair.

Comments

• Options
    KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    I completely agree. The bottom line is that Monk is seriously underpowered in endless, as anyone with a high-level monk can attest. Adding a damage (AOE) effect to his dodge skill (and ideally cutting out the dodge cooldown entirely) would likely go a long way towards making him a viable character for endless. He is easily 5-10 levels behind my approximately equal-strength warrior in endless mode, and my monk has mighty mitts, while my Warrior has a lesser tier 8 weapon.

It is a shame too, because I love the monk's speed and mechanics- he just isn't equipped to deal with large groups... Maybe because his range is so tiny (has to get right up close to enemies to kill them) and he is the only character whose evade skill does no damage.

Also, While he can evade well even in endless, the timer makes evasion not a viable option as a tactic. He needs a way to do more damage more quickly and consistently and a way to avoid damage more effectively.
  • Options
    sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    Make dodge a 4 sec cooldown skill, give it a 2.5sec invulnerability frames and 100% attack speed during that duration and monk is set.
  • Options
    nyamuk_ndutnyamuk_ndut Registered Users 2 Posts
    sergiu111 wrote: »
    Make dodge a 4 sec cooldown skill, give it a 2.5sec invulnerability frames and 100% attack speed during that duration and monk is set.

Hmm, better be 120%..

As for rebalance.. i really think the added more speed goes for running speed and attack speed.. seriously shorter range and fist like weapon should be faster attack rate than this..

And to think it will be more suitable for monks to have increase critical chance than damage.. why? Cause he is using both hand and attacking a lot more.. than logically it would be more crit chance than damage..

Just my 2 cent though..
  • Options
    AzemeazedAzemeazed Registered Users 12 Posts
    yep monk would be more balanced char if he gets passive crit chance than small passive damage. 20% passive crit chance instead of 30% crit damage and we have nice damage char. maybe 20% sounds alot but if you compare it to warriors counter or mages freez and AOE than it really isnt.
  • Options
    SoFuQSoFuQ Registered Users 20 Posts
    He is a little biitch in endless.
  • Options
    3FoldUtopian3FoldUtopian Registered Users 27 Posts
    warrior parries with 120% damage plus energy waves that come after that. monk could really to better than just rolling with a short time of invulnerability.
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    I agree with this, the mage can slow and deal damage, the warrior has damage with a knockback, but the monk skill doesn't allow any interruption or any real use. the invulnerability doesn't even work half the time. I have used it to roll away from a flame attack on hb several times and still take damage. If nothing else, rework his dodge skill like some of the suggestions from other post.