Bag space

TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
Early in the game I purchased extra bag space with my own money, this was so I could farm for more gear and make more in game coin. Since then you introduced the rune system which has filled my extra bag space, tbh I do think you should have given us extra bag space to accommodate the extra items.

On that same problem why does equipped items also take up bag space? This alone if you are lucky to have wings and a pet comes to to 10 slots that in my opinion should be empty. Equipped items are technically not in the bag anymore.
Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.

Comments

• harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Good second point. And players have been asking this since 1.2, 3 weeks ago
  • ShadowhitsShadowhits Registered Users 74 Posts
    O dont get my extra bag space too
  • AplzAplz Registered Users 44 Posts
    Actually will be good as a seperate inventory thing, since who would want to sell runes away, when its so hard to collect to combine up already.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    TerryQ wrote: »
    Early in the game I purchased extra bag space with my own money, this was so I could farm for more gear and make more in game coin. Since then you introduced the rune system which has filled my extra bag space, tbh I do think you should have given us extra bag space to accommodate the extra items.

On that same problem why does equipped items also take up bag space? This alone if you are lucky to have wings and a pet comes to to 10 slots that in my opinion should be empty. Equipped items are technically not in the bag anymore.

Some players are doubling or tripling up on gear sets so they can mix and match the elemental bonus. Throw those in and you'll find yourself 20 slots down easy. Most every gem I get goes to bags these days.
  • ShadowhitsShadowhits Registered Users 74 Posts
    O want to have 2 diferents sets and I can't for the space... Come one glu expand the bag
  • XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    Same here. A few weeks after rune system update I spent real money to buy +10 bag space. Now I have collected some gems ingame again to have 190 already. You know for what I will use it? Bagspace...
    Although 50 inventory slots are pretty satisfying. But this move from Glu was really ridicueless.
    I also thought of selling the runes because you lose tons of money and combining time what can result in nothing.
  • LandenorLandenor Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have spent more $$ on bag space, I am currently allowed to carry 155 items in my bag. Besides the very valid points mentioned above, there is an additional discrimination of players how actually bought more bagspace and subsequently hold more items: Endless Mode.

It appears that Endless Mode does not care how much available bag space players really have, as long as they have 1 free item slot when they enter Endless Mode.
    Instead it only checks that the total number of items carried is not greater than 199 when starting the next 5 waves.
    since I carry 139 items [Worn Equipment, Reagents and Runes = 51, the rest are Blues, Purples and Golds for Tourneys] I am only allowed to pick up 60 items or I am not allowed to start another wave group.

A Player who only carries 50 items, and has 55 back space, may pickup 149 items before he has to return home.
    To me that appears as a big bug. I feel penalized for having spent money to be able carry more items, and then it severely limits my ability to pick up loot in Endless.

If the current situation is intended that a player may pick up more items than their free bag space allows while in Endless and still join a next wave, then the number of total items carried should not be limited by a hard coded 200, but by total available Bag Space + X.
    To then give all players the same type of benefit, X should be a value between 100 and 150, or a Percentage of the players total bagspace (eg 50% more)

So:
    - do not count Runes and Reagents against free bag space (they should not take up main bag space per se)
    in the worst case, invent a Rune Bag and a Reagents Bag (and give those each ample space to begin with for example 18 slots each minimum, for which you then could buy (Cheaper) expansions) May be this will apply to your commercial thinking, runes / reagents are then to overflow into normal backpack space, if their dedicated bags are full.

- do not count worn Equipment against available space. (if someone carries extra sets, well they need to be counted of course)

- do not use a hard coded limit of 200 items for Endless. either a Bonus % value of your current possible total space, or a fixed buffer should be used to calculate how many items you are allowed to hold before you are forced to quit endless.
    Landenor wrote: »
    ....I feel penalized for having spent money to be able carry more items, and then it severely limits my ability to pick up loot in Endless. ....

Good post Landenor. I really wish something was done about this. Glu please listen to 99% of your players and work with us... we support you, you should support us right??
  • CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    Good post Landenor. I really wish something was done about this. Glu please listen to 99% of your players and work with us... we support you, you should support us right??

They should allow people who purchase extra bag space to have the ability to exceed the 200 max by the number of extra slots they have purchased. So, if you have purchased 40 extra slots than your max would now be 240 during an endless run. I see it as an extra money maker for G L U. People will be buying more bag space just to max out what they can carry on endless runs.
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Yeah, I'm having issues with this now - I'm carrying extra gear and weapons rather than switching out runes – I get booted out of endless too early because you can’t always dodge drops (especially when you use special attacks). It would also be nice if you could discard items after waves.
    Start at a later level. This also saves time. I can make it to 130 most of the time with my 50 mage. I start at 120 when I play now. I miss 114-120 godly possible drop levels but also save time.
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    More so for survival tourneys - I do runs from 110 - 130 when farming, only picking up drops from 114 on.
  • NomedacNomedac Registered Users 7 Posts
    I get that GLU needs to make money. But you need to balance this need against losing players. I have a few thoughts:

1. Introduce a concept of a Bank
    2. Have a separate Rune bag
    3. Equipped items, definitely shouldn't be taking up bag space. You never see this in any game out there today.
    4. Since you introduced runes, you really should at least give everyone a bump in either 5 or 10 bag spaces.
  • TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    I guess it's all down to the profit Glu wants, so I'm not expecting any changes to bag space.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.