Options

Can't buy gems, anyone come across this?!?

VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
I play on Android and I was trying to buy a few gems to upgrade a couple things and get more bag space. Every time I touch the little + icon next to the gems to go to the screen to pick the amount I want, the game resets itself. I have bought gems once before with no problem, this has happened the last two days only. It goes right back to the opening screen with the little Glu guy and I have to re-start the game.

It keeps doing that over and over and I cannot purchase gems. Has anyone on Android come across this?

I was thinking about uninstalling and then re-installing.

Anyone know what this might be or have any advice or suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    jakub1302jakub1302 Registered Users 197 Posts
    I play on Android and I was trying to buy a few gems to upgrade a couple things and get more bag space. Every time I touch the little + icon next to the gems to go to the screen to pick the amount I want, the game resets itself. I have bought gems once before with no problem, this has happened the last two days only. It goes right back to the opening screen with the little Glu guy and I have to re-start the game.

It keeps doing that over and over and I cannot purchase gems. Has anyone on Android come across this?

My friend, the game restarts for me in every possible area: endless, chat, inventory, gameplay. The game is simply bugged as *ell since the update. I tried reinstalling the game as one of my guildmates told me. Nothing helped. I'm still waiting for GLU to actually do something about it at last.
    EW3: Jakub1302
    BGI: Jakub 1302, the guildleader of Goodfellas
  • Options
    JabberminorJabberminor Registered Users 10 Posts
    jakub1302 wrote: »
    My friend, the game restarts for me in every possible area: endless, chat, inventory, gameplay. The game is simply bugged as *ell since the update. I tried reinstalling the game as one of my guildmates told me. Nothing helped. I'm still waiting for GLU to actually do something about it at last.

I used to have that, but I left my tablet on several days. After some crashes, I would turn off my tablet, turn it back on, and I would have no crashes for a while.
  • Options
    I understand there has been problems with the game crashing, luckily I haven't had any problems with that until now. This is the only time the game crashes for me is when I tap on the + icon to buy gems. It flashes really quickly to the gem buying screen, then just restarts.

So frustrating, because I had a few extra dollars finally to grab some gems and now I can't. grrrrr

Should I uninstall and re-install you think?
  • Options
    I understand there has been problems with the game crashing, luckily I haven't had any problems with that until now. This is the only time the game crashes for me is when I tap on the + icon to buy gems. It flashes really quickly to the gem buying screen, then just restarts.

So frustrating, because I had a few extra dollars finally to grab some gems and now I can't. grrrrr

Should I uninstall and re-install you think?

You can try, it's the only thing left to do after all. But, I fear it's not gonna help a deal.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Uninstalling will cause you lose of game data, suggest against it.

What is the device you are playing the game on?
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »
    Uninstalling will cause you lose of game data, suggest against it.

What is the device you are playing the game on?

Handles, I uninstalled 2 times, 2 times I put it back without harm. It's all about connecting the game into a google+ account. Anyway, I'm playing on LG G2 and it's fairly bugged. Almost unplayable.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts

There can be purchase issues with rooted/jailbroken phones (which are unsupported).
  • Options
    MooslesMoosles Registered Users 35 Posts
    I noticed the admins commented on this thread and none of the threads about the copious amount of hackers in the past tournament. Are there any measures in place on this?
  • Options
    Moosles wrote: »
    I noticed the admins commented on this thread and none of the threads about the copious amount of hackers in the past tournament. Are there any measures in place on this?

Incidentally, we have replied continuously to the hacker threads, as they come up twice a week. But let's keep this thread on topic, please.
  • Options
    chmkchmk Registered Users 34 Posts
    Since u guys always answer these puchasing threads fast, I'm gonna use this title for all my future threads. Like the one on monk buff hint hint ;)
    <Ex0dus>
    Senior Officer
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    chmk wrote: »
    Since u guys always answer these puchasing threads fast, I'm gonna use this title for all my future threads. Like the one on monk buff hint hint ;)

Challenge accepted!
  • Options
    chmk wrote: »

Well, to be clear, we cannot handle any purchasing or currency issues. All purchasing/currency issues have to be handled by customer care as they have visibility into your account. You'll need to send them an email that includes your device information, the game name where you need help and a detailed description of the problem. Please be very specific and provide the step by step information needed to replicate the problem.

For iOS and general support: support@glu.com

For Android support: androidsupport@glu.com
  • Options
    I apprediate the response admin. Yes I am using a rooted device, however I have NEVER hacked the game, or cheated. My device is only rooted so that I can free up storage space on my device by putting apps onto my SD card, and occasionally create a wifi hot spot. It seems this has become a more widespread problem on both platforms, since I just responded to a thread started by someone with a JB IOS device who is having the same EXACT issue.

I am thinking that with the work they are doing to address the hacking issue, something must have happened with rooted/JB devices during the process.

Since this has now become a widespread issue on both platforms, do we still need to individually contact customer care or can they address this as an overall bug?

Do you know of any work arounds to this? Such as buying gems through another secure sight and then having them put onto my account? I guess I could DL the game and log on with my google cloud account with another android device, buy the gems, then go back to my rooted device to play, would this work?

Anyway please respond soon and look into this ASAP.

Thanks

VykusSouldrinker
  • Options
    I apprediate the response admin. Yes I am using a rooted device, however I have NEVER hacked the game, or cheated. My device is only rooted so that I can free up storage space on my device by putting apps onto my SD card, and occasionally create a wifi hot spot. It seems this has become a more widespread problem on both platforms, since I just responded to a thread started by someone with a JB IOS device who is having the same EXACT issue.

I am thinking that with the work they are doing to address the hacking issue, something must have happened with rooted/JB devices during the process.

Since this has now become a widespread issue on both platforms, do we still need to individually contact customer care or can they address this as an overall bug?

Do you know of any work arounds to this? Such as buying gems through another secure sight and then having them put onto my account? I guess I could DL the game and log on with my google cloud account with another android device, buy the gems, then go back to my rooted device to play, would this work?

Anyway please respond soon and look into this ASAP.

Thanks

VykusSouldrinker

You can refer to this thread here regarding rooted devices. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?96549-Rooted-Jailbroken-devices-and-EW3 Other than that, there isn't anything that can be done.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    You can refer to this thread here regarding rooted devices. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?96549-Rooted-Jailbroken-devices-and-EW3 Other than that, there isn't anything that can be done.

I understand that you cannot support rooted devices, however what about my other question?

If I DL the game with a NON-rooted android device, and sign in under my google account, then buy the gems, they should be there when I switch back to my rooted device to play correct?

Just don't want to blow money and then find out the gems won't even transfer to the rooted device...
  • Options
    I understand that you cannot support rooted devices, however what about my other question?

If I DL the game with a NON-rooted android device, and sign in under my google account, then buy the gems, they should be there when I switch back to my rooted device to play correct?

Just don't want to blow money and then find out the gems won't even transfer to the rooted device...

I can't guarantee that will work. Once an account or device is flagged as rooted, it's complicated. You may be able to take it up with Customer Care who handles currency issues.