Options

Questions about gold gear and IFF

Hello,

I'm a lvl 42 warrior with a fully evolved lvl 31 gold weap (CC/IIF) and I am currently farming LNian for transendent gear. I'm using a 15/15 lvl 34 purple gloves (HP/DEF/IIF) and just found a lvl 34 gold gloves (HP/DEF). My question is about situations like this one. Should I keep my purple gloves and keep farming for a lvl 34 gold gloves HP/DEF/IFF since now and in the future (farming LH) I will need IIF to find lvl 36 gold gears or IIF does't really matter and I should go for whatever gold gear of fortitude I find?

My question is really about all pieces of the armor, not only this example. Is it worthing for a LH future farmer to use gold armor of fortitude and lose all his IIF? If not, does the answer change if now I'm farming LH for Unbreakable gear (since my next farming spot is Endless and there IIF doesn't really help at all).

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    IIF is worthless everywhere. Don't bother with it.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    HasmodaiHasmodai Registered Users 13 Posts
    Then why IIF even exists. Glu's plan to deceive starters like me, maybe? :P
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    IIF is just supposed to increase the amount of items you get. Thats why its called increase item find and not ivi for increase value of items. I wish it was IVI.
  • Options
    HasmodaiHasmodai Registered Users 13 Posts
    The more items you drop, the faster you can get gold items. If you have, for example, 100% of IIF it should mean that now you are dropping twice the number of items you would have dropped if you had 0%. Although I'm inclined to believe in Ultra, I can't see how IIF cannot be helpful in finding legendary items from bosses.
  • Options
    AzemeazedAzemeazed Registered Users 12 Posts
    looks like iif works for normal monsters only and they dont drop golden items anyways. so if you have high iif you will not get any richer farming hellboy nian and other bosses, also big dudes in endsless. you will only get morewhite green and eventually blue and get more money faster.
    not only that i noticed that while i played but also it would be OP attribute and in many if not all rpgs out there many attributes dont affect bosses...
    so if you have 0% iif you still get about 10-15 drops from hb and with 400% iif you dont get 60 drops right?

now there is one thing im still not sure if its bug or not, im talking about bosses in endless which drop zero items and often in pair, so if im on specific wave and i fight 2 bosses there (lets say 2 cyclops) and if one of them drops zero items most likely the other one will drop zero too... so if its not a bug maybe iif affects them...
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Half of what is said her is complete ****. People say IFF doesn't do anything because it didn't work for them. Fact is the randomness of the game makes it really difficult to measure IFF but some attempts have been made.

see
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97498-Data-on-iif-it-increases-quality-not-quantity&highlight=sample+size

Also note, GLUAdmin has posted that IFF affects endless much less than normal missions. When people jump in and say IFF is worthless they often mean that it gives them no benefit because of how and where that person usually plays. Maxed out players are spending most of their time in endless trying to get the second and third set of godly gear.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    IIF is worthless everywhere. Don't bother with it.

This is false. IIF effects the quality of items you get, and can effect the amount of items you get. This has to be measured against other stats that can increase the range of mobs you can kill, or how quickly you can kill them.
  • Options
    Moloch wrote: »
    This is false. IIF effects the quality of items you get, and can effect the amount of items you get. This has to be measured against other stats that can increase the range of mobs you can kill, or how quickly you can kill them.

Ok. So here's how it is. There are around 7 billion people in the world. There's no filter. You're trying to find one person.

So with 0% IIF, you pick one guy. Is he the one? Probably not.

And with 400% IIF, you pick four guys. Are any of them the one? Probably not.

I know a TON of players who agree with my statements. Go take your opinions elsewhere.
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    Half of what is said her is complete ****. People say IFF doesn't do anything because it didn't work for them. Fact is the randomness of the game makes it really difficult to measure IFF but some attempts have been made.

see
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97498-Data-on-iif-it-increases-quality-not-quantity&highlight=sample+size

Also note, GLUAdmin has posted that IFF affects endless much less than normal missions. When people jump in and say IFF is worthless they often mean that it gives them no benefit because of how and where that person usually plays. Maxed out players are spending most of their time in endless trying to get the second and third set of godly gear.

After Glu nerfed drop rates for bosses (like LHB), drop rates are no longer affected by IIF. Just luck.
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts

Moloch, could we at least see the difference that iif does pls? Could we change this?
  • Options
    Ok. So here's how it is. There are around 7 billion people in the world. There's no filter. You're trying to find one person.

So with 0% IIF, you pick one guy. Is he the one? Probably not.

And with 400% IIF, you pick four guys. Are any of them the one? Probably not.

Keep going with this. If you spend the time to check 3.5 billion people you have a 50% chance of finding the one you seek within that time. With 400% IFF you'd hit the 50% mark in a quarter the time.

I know a TON of players who agree with my statements. Go take your opinions elsewhere.
    Oh I see, you believe that if people agree with you that you are proved correct and that other opinions are therefore unworthy of the public stage. Have you thought of a career in politics?
  • Options
    Keep going with this. If you spend the time to check 3.5 billion people you have a 50% chance of finding the one you seek within that time. With 400% IFF you'd hit the 50% mark in a quarter the time.

Oh I see, you believe that if people agree with you that you are proved correct and that other opinions are therefore unworthy of the public stage. Have you thought of a career in politics?

No. Because I hate how people in politics lie and cheat. Kind of like Glû!

Ok. Heres a challenge. I want data for IIF. Have 1000 people each do 10k kills on leg hellboy. And give me results. Otherwise, dont tell me IIF helps.

And yes, if most people agree with me, then it's generally true. Probably because I've run hellboy and tower countless times. No difference whatsoever.
  • Options
    jleonrajleonra Registered Users 20 Posts
    A few centuries ago, most people agreed the earth was flat, that didn't make it true. IF IIF only increase the ammount of items dropped, it gives you better chances to get the item you're looking for. Say a mob normally drops 3 items, because of your IIF it drops 4 items now, that's one extra roll for that item you're looking for!. On average 33% less time farming for that godly item.

Chance: t
    he possibility of a particular outcome in an uncertain situation; also : the degree of likelihood of such an outcome.

Now consider the following: If using IIF gear makes your maximum endless run stop before the godly items start dropping, BUT using say Def/Hp gear helps you go beyond that threshold, then you have better chances at acquiring the best equipment not using IIF because it literally (in this example) gives you 0% chances at those godly items.

Or if CC helps you kill LHB in half the time you do with IIF gear, it means that you'd get about twice the items you regularly get on the same amount of time, which also means almost 100% higher chance to get the item your looking for, compared to using IIF gear.

So as you can see, while IIF does help improving your chances of getting better drops, by no means is the sole factor you should consider while farming.

IIF is better if you can easily farm endless or bosses. On the other hand if you struggle with them, CC or Hp/Def is the way to go if it makes you go a at least 5 extra waves or substantially reduces the time it takes you to kill a boss.

Just food for thought.
  • Options
    Here's the thing. IIF doesn't even give me more items against endless or LHB. Use godly/fortitude. Use Berserker jewelry.

IIF is the most worthless stat i have ever seen. Don't even think twice about it.
  • Options
    Ok. Heres a challenge. I want data for IIF. Have 1000 people each do 10k kills on leg hellboy. And give me results. Otherwise, don't tell me IIF helps.

I posted the link to a scientifically sound experiment showing the benefits of IIF. The sample size could have been a bit larger but it was a very good test. You reject that and ask me to prove otherwise? No, the burden of proof is on you.
    And yes, if most people agree with me, then it's generally true.
    What an arrogant fallacy. Like I said, politics would suit you. You could sit around smiling with the people who agree with you and are right and throw mud at people who disagree and are therefore wrong.
    Probably because I've run hellboy and tower countless times. No difference whatsoever.
    Prove it.

Post your findings. Post of times run with zero, 200 and 400 IIF and loot count by color for each set of runs. To have any sort of statistical meaning each test at each IIF level must consist of at least 100 fights.
  • Options
    crazydude80crazydude80 Registered Users 14 Posts
    i have 404IIF but its useless. Guess i Even find better stuff when i was at 200-250IFF. IIF just a rubbish.
    Need luck to get those gd items not IIF. Of course the main thing is that they want us to buy gems from them ..hahahah :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I posted the link to a scientifically sound experiment showing the benefits of IIF. The sample size could have been a bit larger but it was a very good test. You reject that and ask me to prove otherwise? No, the burden of proof is on you.

What an arrogant fallacy. Like I said, politics would suit you. You could sit around smiling with the people who agree with you and are right and throw mud at people who disagree and are therefore wrong.

Prove it.

Post your findings. Post of times run with zero, 200 and 400 IIF and loot count by color for each set of runs. To have any sort of statistical meaning each test at each IIF level must consist of at least 100 fights.

That test was done a long time ago. Before the rune update
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts

Then how you explain the fact that at 209 IIF I got 2 Godly and 1 DPSS all at wave 125 and in more than 100 runs with 350-450 IIF I never got 2 Godly (or 1 Godly + 1 DPSS) on the same wave?
    All you need in endless is LUCK although I'm not very sure that with 0 IIF the Godly items drop but over 145 IIF it's enough.
  • Options
    KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    Actually in an old thread moloch confirmed that iif increases quality not quantity of items***
  • Options
    KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    Also one run or even 100 runs is way too small a sample to make conclusions about drops because the rate is so low. It's not luck per se but probability. Therefore if there is any chance of getting an item you could get it on your first try or not get it in 1000 tries; increasing your probability will help in the very long run but not necessarily make a noticeable difference in even multiple runs, let alone a single run. That being said, the effect of iif in endless is such an enigma, glû would be well served to clear it up... Confusion and frustration among users isnt good PR.
  • Options
    The problem with probabilty is that requires lots of runs. Considering that you get an average of 6-8 runs/day the IIF will overrun luck in about 5-10 years. So it's all about luck (in Endless anyway).
  • Options
    jaggujaggu Registered Users 149 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    The problem with probabilty is that requires lots of runs. Considering that you get an average of 6-8 runs/day the IIF will overrun luck in about 5-10 years. So it's all about luck (in Endless anyway).

I went in with fortitude gear and had 170 odd iif when i found my murder maker...so dont care iif that much...with 350 iif did not get it and with 170 iif got it..so go figure!
  • Options
    OK, I did it again last night.
    I went with 219 IIF with my Mage and guess what?
    2 Godly Berzerker talismans in the same run (one at 125 and one at 134).
    I've never seen a Zerk Jewelry before in more than 1 1/2 months of 6-8 runs/day with IIF over 300.
    So to put it very simple: IIF maybe works on normal levels but in Endless is almost useless. You get lucky or you don't.
  • Options
    flamerio88flamerio88 Registered Users 46 Posts
    I am a troll
  • Options
    I am a troll
  • Options
    jaggujaggu Registered Users 149 Posts
    flamerio88 wrote: »
    I am a troll

lol - moloch changed this reply :D
  • Options
    why you are still think about gold gear, about IIF ???? wkwkwkwkkw

use a mod, play in endless from wave 120 until wave 250, if you see a gear with gold color take it, i get 10+ goldy gear, every i play endless....

think again, broo
  • Options
    jleonrajleonra Registered Users 20 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    OK, I did it again last night.
    I went with 219 IIF with my Mage and guess what?
    2 Godly Berzerker talismans in the same run (one at 125 and one at 134).
    I've never seen a Zerk Jewelry before in more than 1 1/2 months of 6-8 runs/day with IIF over 300.
    So to put it very simple: IIF maybe works on normal levels but in Endless is almost useless. You get lucky or you don't.

I take it you've never taken a probability course in school?
  • Options
    I guess you didn't understand what I said. Over a certain IIF (according to Moloch if your IIF is too low the drop table isn't complete) it just doesn't matter anymore. 150 or 450 IIF is the same. If you take for examplw 0.2 % normal probability for a dop then it's not a big difference between 0,3 or 0,9 %.