Fair and reasonable question for GLU admin

I want to start by saying I'm a big fan of the spirit bridge. Love the difficulty and after all the fruitless tower runs seeking Murdermaker, it's awesome to have a better hope at a top tier weapon. So I spent gems to upgrade my runes and learned a good strategy to be able to beat the oni general more often than not. 200 or so kills later no oni blade, and I can accept that (even though several people have said it took only 1 for them). It should be a challenge. My disappointment is that I have gotten exactly TWO items that were not green or white: a useless purple talisman and an even more useless blue ring. Nery a soulshard either. In fact, reagent drops in general seem low. So I am left with serious doubts as to whether I will actually ever get the oni blade I seek.

I ask you GLU, is it usual for oni blade to eventually drop for a player who sees nothing but green and white items? What is more, wouldn't it be a bit more fair to have some better items drop even just for their selling price while a person grinds hard to get the ultimate reward?

Fair questions I think and hopefully your answer will give me back hope where I now pretty much have none. Thanks.

Comments

• UItraSceptileUItraSceptile Registered Users 29 Posts
    Well, the highest I've heard is 400 kills. I got an Oni Eye Staff within 200 kills though.

Either way, farming Oni General is way better than endless. The drop rates are almost the same (takes maybe 100-200 endless runs to get Murdermaker for me), and theres no tickets for Oni General.

This is as close as we're gonna get to Jade Cyclops. Appreciate it while it's still here. I know I will.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Well, the highest I've heard is 400 kills. I got an Oni Eye Staff within 200 kills though.

Either way, farming Oni General is way better than endless. The drop rates are almost the same (takes maybe 100-200 endless runs to get Murdermaker for me), and theres no tickets for Oni General.

This is as close as we're gonna get to Jade Cyclops. Appreciate it while it's still here. I know I will.

Did your brother or cousin write that???
    Did your brother or cousin write that???

Haha...no. I don't have a brother. And my cousins are in at college, or they're like 2 years old.

What? Am I not allowed to write a positive comment?
  • enriquegenriqueg Registered Users 73 Posts
    Thanks for the reply Ultra. Does make me feel a little better. Like I said in my post, I really do like the addition of the spirit bridge. Nice to have a challenging mob to play against and a chance at a top tier weapon. Just wish he would drop something other than green and white stuff all the time. And maybe a dpss would be nice. Do you recall getting nearly all green and white items before getting the weapons? I'm still holding out hope that I'm not just screwed. After all, I spent two months grinding and only finding two godly items.
    enriqueg wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Ultra. Does make me feel a little better. Like I said in my post, I really do like the addition of the spirit bridge. Nice to have a challenging mob to play against and a chance at a top tier weapon. Just wish he would drop something other than green and white stuff all the time. And maybe a dpss would be nice. Do you recall getting nearly all green and white items before getting the weapons? I'm still holding out hope that I'm not just screwed. After all, I spent two months grinding and only finding two godly items.

I got one DPSS. Some blues, and one, maybe two impervious gear.

Other than that, all white and green items.
    So you're saying there's a chance! Alright. Thanks again. I'll keep grinding then.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Yes, there is a chance. Just keep at it.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts

I did well over 1000 kills and probably around 2000 kills with my 12k mage but have now given up.
  • ducvaderducvader Registered Users 204 Posts
    800 kills or so for an Oni Eye Staff then around 50 kills after that for a second Oni Eye Staff for mage.
    Wow GLU! Do you hear these numbers? This is ridiculous. Really need to fix this somehow to keep the loyal players happy, huh? What a joke.
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts

The big difference is that JC was pretty easy to kill (around 15-20 sec) and Oni General is much harder (around 2 min with blue attack runes). 1 kill at Oni General = 4-5 kills at JC. So 400 kills at JC - max 100 kills at Oni General.
    After 200 kills I gave up. I kill him now only 8-10 times/day.
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    The legendary drops wouldnt be special if the bosses were easy to kill and farm.
    ;)
    Look who's talking!
    You found Oni Blade in 3 kills, so it's not that special to you.
    You really should not be preaching about this.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    I did well over 1000 kills and probably around 2000 kills with my 12k mage but have now given up.

Read and comment on my suggestion of an accumulated drop rate in the suggestions forum
  • ducvaderducvader Registered Users 204 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    The legendary drops wouldnt be special if the bosses were easy to kill and farm.

3 Kills and you got your blade :-) It's really luck...keep grinding guys....you may feel relieve if you get those level 44 weapons
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yeah whatever drop formula they are using is ****. Ive gotta be at least 400 kills and no staff. Which honestly wouldnt hit so hard if everywhere i turn there wasnt someone else saying lookit me i got it my first try. Same goes for pet. I gave up on that after 200 kills or so.

But the real frustration is all the **** items that drop in your pursuit. I dont think ive gotten a single purple and mebbe one or two blues. When you put the boss in perspective with hellboy something just has to be wrong or someone at glu is just cackling maniacally at the drop table he has provided. How can i beat a 6-12 second boss and walk away with at least a blue item every kill but a 2 minute boss only drops garbage. I realize he drops a lvl 44 wep. Yay. What about the people that will never see that drop even after 2k kills thanks to this horrible drop rate system. Just makes no sense to me.

But this effort vs reward thing has always been glus problem. Look at hero tower vs lotus tower, 3rd kingdom vs 4th kingdom. They must play their own game right? How the hell cant they see this. It just baffles me.
    Rent, thank you for reiterating my point: I've killed this douchebag probably 500 times. And it is really painful to see the lesser players brag about getting their weapon quickly. However, I could accept the grind more if the "useless" drops weren't just so **** useless. 500 kills for 0 dpss (rarely even drops common reagents), 2 blue items, and 2 purple items. GLU, this is a useful and valid discussion. Where the @&$#% are you?
    I was doing the usual 10 kills yesterday and on the fifth I almost could't believe.
    This was all Oni General left behind:
    2014_05_06_20_00_54.png
  • K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    I managed to get all three weapons now Mage first took around 350 kills warrior took me 9 days over 4000-5000 kills and monk around 300 kills. Every time I had one drop it was always with white grey trash it seems ONI weapons are pulled from there own drop table totally separate from his other possible drops. In those 4-5k kills I got killic once and godly helm of fort. So it seems he has the same drop table as jade cyclops with ONI weapons thrown in. And purple and blue items were not very common maybe one per 200 items.

Ps forgot guild member also managed to get as murdermaker too so that possibility is in there also.
    Thanks for the info K.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Closing thread now as answers have been supplied.
This discussion has been closed.