Options

Chat mods

PyrodancerPyrodancer Registered Users 7 Posts
I know this is an annoying concept to most players. I've hated chat mods in most games, as I've always thought that they were over empowered and not needed, but the EW3 chat has reduced to a ridiculously juvenile state. It is full of people avoiding the censor to fill the chat with pages and pages of extremely Lude language and insults. I only care for two reasons. 1. I like to help by telling people tips and answer their questions, but that becomes difficult when it's two scrolls of peepeeface ****oohead talk between a question and it's answer. 2. My 11 year old nephew plays this game with his friends, and I don't like him exposed to that type of language. The censors exist for a reason. I know I'm not the only one annoyed by this, as I see other people asking what is going on in the chat. If the game would put in a mod they could help bring the chat back to its purpose. To anyone out there who is filling the chat for hours with this useless foul talk, I say get a life and just play the game, maybe go out and get some real friends so that your only avenue for human interaction isn't to troll players for hours.

Comments

• Options
    bidsybidsy Registered Users 75 Posts
    Very well written pyro....and a very valid point!
    IGN: BlDS
    Guild: -=WOLFPACK=-
    (ANDROID)
  • Options
    Thank you. I want to mention that I'm not talking about the occasional word here or there, that doesn't bother me, it's the pages and pages of it
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    On Wednesday there was a guy in town (I believe named saulty) who quite literally was talking basically to himself spouting off nonsensical (I hate to call it religious because he was just using religious terms) gibberish for hours. He made it quite impossible to use the chat feature of that town effectively. I never re-logged to switch towns because I figured surely he can't keep going on but he did and frankly it was sort of like rubbernecking a train wreck (the guy appeared to really need medication of some sort). Anytime anyone would say anything he would respond with insane gibberish. Ultimately it was quite disturbing and bothersome to all who had to witness it. It was for me just as bad as the childish spamming and cussing.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    I agree on the chat mods, but it used to be a lot worse before many people abandoned the game. They still could use one though from time to time, however right now the Glu team has much bigger fish to fry regarding this game; hackers, tourneys, and updating content.
  • Options
    I agree on the chat mods, but it used to be a lot worse before many people abandoned the game. They still could use one though from time to time, however right now the Glu team has much bigger fish to fry regarding this game; hackers, tourneys, and updating content.

I understand they are busy but today a little girl was on having trouble typing and asking for help understanding the game and a guy was telling her all these terrible things he was going to do to her mother and the dead corpse of her father. It was just vile. I've started screen shooting the convos She finally said she wasn't going to play anymore. At least a couple other players were helping her and telling the bully to stop. But then he just started filling the screen with long scrolls of letters so no one could even help anyone. It's ridiculous and something has to be done. The thing that bothers me is that I've seen my nephew talking back the same way to them, and he doesn't even know what some of the things mean, he is just picking it up on the game. I'm not letting him play anymore and I'm recommending to his friends mothers not to let them play.
  • Options
    LakityanLakityan Registered Users 88 Posts
    Agree with you about having a mod or a bot monitoring vile, crude posts in chat or spam. Some are just very deliberate with their obnoxious behaviour. Sorry to hear about that little girl's sad experience... ;-\ That was just uncalled for.
    Pyrodancer wrote: »
    I understand they are busy but today a little girl was on having trouble typing and asking for help understanding the game and a guy was telling her all these terrible things he was going to do to her mother and the dead corpse of her father. It was just vile. I've started screen shooting the convos She finally said she wasn't going to play anymore. At least a couple other players were helping her and telling the bully to stop. But then he just started filling the screen with long scrolls of letters so no one could even help anyone. It's ridiculous and something has to be done. The thing that bothers me is that I've seen my nephew talking back the same way to them, and he doesn't even know what some of the things mean, he is just picking it up on the game. I'm not letting him play anymore and I'm recommending to his friends mothers not to let them play.
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    On Wednesday there was a guy in town (I believe named saulty) who quite literally was talking basically to himself spouting off nonsensical (I hate to call it religious because he was just using religious terms) gibberish for hours. He made it quite impossible to use the chat feature of that town effectively. I never re-logged to switch towns because I figured surely he can't keep going on but he did and frankly it was sort of like rubbernecking a train wreck (the guy appeared to really need medication of some sort). Anytime anyone would say anything he would respond with insane gibberish. Ultimately it was quite disturbing and bothersome to all who had to witness it. It was for me just as bad as the childish spamming and cussing.

I've been in the room with him before, he made it a point (and repeated it several-many times) that he was off his meds and wanted to do bad things to the people that put him on them. His personal issues aside, he needed to be muted in one way or another. I made the comment that I'd donate $100 just for an ignore feature... and I meant it, heh.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    Perhaps an idea would be to install player mods like many games do. Mind you I'm not talking about myself, I'm a little busy to commit to that, but there are a lot of helpful players out there who would, especially if they were mildly compensated in game to make up for the loss of playtime. Many young people play and it would be the responsible thing to do. It's not even just that, but as I mentioned earlier the chats are at times so dominated that they aren't useful to help new players. I know that this would require a programming update, and that g l u is already overwhelmed with them, but there are other options. They could create a space on this forum where screenshots of particularly bad examples could be posted so that appropriate actions could be taken against the people doing it. I have to say that I am glad there has been a positive response here. I was worried that the same people on the chats would get on here and cuss me out here. About the troubled man, saulty, I'm sorry that he can find no other place to vent his problems
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    Well I believe most people on the forums actually care about the overall gaming and should feel the same way. They should allow you to choose servers when you log on like an a sever for experienced players, one for new players, and one for new players to get help form experienced players. I am sure there would be more than three and probably better classifications but I don't mind answering questions and sometimes I would rather be in an area with people that I can recruit.

Also I really do agree with the mod ideas because trolling is a waste of time in this game and there should also be an area for young players to go that are not exposed to some of the bad stuff people say on here. and maybe even have a mod that can ban players who say the wrong stuff in those servers. You can't fix stupid, but you can remove it.