EW3 2.0 Patch and Maintenance

HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
Arena PvP

· Fight in the PvP Arena to earn Arena Points (AP) and win season prizes!
· Use PvP Energy to do battle with other players. (Similar system to the Endless Mode Tickets)

Arena Rankings

· Defeat other players to earn stars and rank up in PvP!
· Being defeated will cause you to lose stars. (After reaching Rank 9)
· Earn Arena Points and progress towards rewards, win or lose!

Rewards

· ​Achieve Prizes with Arena points (AP) and Ranks.
· Gain a PvP Token for every win!
· Gain tiered rewards by earning Arena Points (AP) during the season.
· Gain season rewards based on your ranking at the end of the season.
· Gain season guild rewards based on guild AP ranking at the end of the season.

PvP Gear

· PvP Gear grants you bonus damage in the PvP Arena.
· Use PvP and Gold Tokens to earn PvP Gear!

Please keep all discussions in this thread about the new PvP content. Off topic conversations/posting is subject to removal.
Prev13

Comments

• tokstokstokstoks Registered Users 25 Posts
    when? update? time..
    Thanks
  • kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    whats being done to prevent mods from making this a mod or die feature?
  • K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag earlier so to speak. Any time and date decided upon?
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    K_OtiC wrote: »
    Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag earlier so to speak. Any time and date decided upon?

iOS and Android will be rolling out separately, but everyone should be able to join PvP this week.
  • DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    This sounds great :D
    Do we fight against random players, or do we choose whom we fight?
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Damii wrote: »
    This sounds great :D
    Do we fight against random players, or do we choose whom we fight?

You'll be matched against other comparable players.
  • Floyd99Floyd99 Registered Users 70 Posts
    Any idea if this is going to be an all night sever mait?
    not taking hacks into consideration though or is something being done to try to counteract this problem?
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    so pvp Is the only thing added and changed in 2.0? Is name changing still on the list? And scroll memory? (when selling it stays where you left it, not bumping to the top and the map remembers where you last were)
  • StigmataStigmata Registered Users 87 Posts
    How long will update take?
  • krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
    Stigmata wrote: »
    How long will update take?

The usual answer is: as long as it takes!
    This is a major update, consider a few hours (my 2 cents)
    Playing EW3 on iOS & EW4 on Android
  • dustoniandustonian Registered Users 2 Posts
    Will it be war vs war mnk vs mnk Mage vs Mage or mix war vs mnk or Mage etc ? And will pots be involved ?
  • StigmataStigmata Registered Users 87 Posts
    Figures my only day off
    krok8 wrote: »
    The usual answer is: as long as it takes!
    This is a major update, consider a few hours (my 2 cents)

yep safe bet it will be awhile.
    dustonian wrote: »
    Will it be war vs war mnk vs mnk Mage vs Mage or mix war vs mnk or Mage etc ? And will pots be involved ?

great questions....war vs monk def would not be fair.
  • dustoniandustonian Registered Users 2 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    yep safe bet it will be awhile.

great questions....war vs monk def would not be fair.

Right that's what I was thinking
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    not taking hacks into consideration though or is something being done to try to counteract this problem?

We will never go into security countermeasures, because by doing so, we completely defeat the purpose of having them.
    Moloch wrote: »
    We will never go into security countermeasures, because by doing so, we completely defeat the purpose of having them.

I don't see where I was asking anyone to go into security measures...come on man that's a deflection if I ever saw one. I am asking if I can tell my guild you guys are actually going to do something about it or not. 75 hacks booted is a drop in the bucket and you still have a known hacker on the hall of fame four times for android...How are we supposed to believe anything is being done when hackers and modders mock glu openly due to a lack of anything being done. I'm not asking what is being done I am asking if anything is going to be done.
  • HabarabisHabarabis Registered Users 49 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

Then you must be looking into removing the 13k GS player on Android...please..you cant tell me that across the platforms and thousands of players hes the only one that has a bugged weapon....there is no one compareable to him...does this mean he isnt allowed pvp? Or is he just gonna be able to cheat his way to victory and fame...this is an issue that has been brought up by others as well weeks ago.instead of removing hackers you remove threads...its been avoided and no clear or concise answer..please a little clarity? Sorry for a slightly off topic post but i am asking if hell be matched against legit players...i know i dont wanna fight him.
  • KattatonicKattatonic Registered Users 1 Posts
    It's been 3 hours on this update. I've never played a game with one so long. Have a timeline for when it'll be done?
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Oh please tell me that these pvp tickets can be replenished with gems. Please tell me that i can get the best rankings in no time and therefore the best rewards by just spending lots of money making it fun and fair for all. Oh please say its so. The tower has shown me the joy of waiting for tickets to charge up. I cant wait. I love that as an endgame player my options are farm hellboy or wait for tickets. And now i can wait for pvp tickets. Yall know the way to my heart.

But ill hold off on criticizing until i see the update. Uhmmm.....errr......my bad
  • ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

Similar to EW2? So I guess I need to use decent armours and weapons again to find more opponents like this http://addicted-to-eternity-warriors-2.blogspot.com/2013/11/rank-51-unequipped-mystery-axe-and.html

Btw, is there sparring with Friends in EW3 PvP? In EW2 there is...
  • K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    Habarabis wrote: »
    Then you must be looking into removing the 13k GS player on Android...please..you cant tell me that across the platforms and thousands of players hes the only one that has a bugged weapon....there is no one compareable to him...does this mean he isnt allowed pvp? Or is he just gonna be able to cheat his way to victory and fame...this is an issue that has been brought up by others as well weeks ago.instead of removing hackers you remove threads...its been avoided and no clear or concise answer..please a little clarity? Sorry for a slightly off topic post but i am asking if hell be matched against legit players...i know i dont wanna fight him.

This is a bug when you Unslot and slot new weapons and armors with runes. Happened to a few guild members with maxed gs. It's visual in the leaderboards only character items show normally.
  • XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    ron wrote: »
    Similar to EW2? So I guess I need to use decent armours and weapons again to find more opponents like this http://addicted-to-eternity-warriors-2.blogspot.com/2013/11/rank-51-unequipped-mystery-axe-and.html

Btw, is there sparring with Friends in EW3 PvP? In EW2 there is...

Seems like the same system in EW2. I also hope that Sparring is available because i want to play with friends.

You will be matched with people having similar GS. So I recommend maxing out all skills. They do not add to GS. You can try to equip lower armor if you don't find enemies.

I wish ya all good luck in pvp.
  • TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    Guess I must be really bad, got slaughtered within seconds in arena. If it's evenly matched, I'm screwed lol
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • ukjamesukukjamesuk Registered Users 15 Posts
    45mins... No playing with friends... Disappointed
  • Master of DesasterMaster of Desaster Registered Users 23 Posts
    1. Will fighting friends be patched in near future?
    2. "Matching" means exactly...? +/- 1000 GS? (Lv is unneccessary, right?)
  • CybertCybert Registered Users 14 Posts
    TerryQ wrote: »
    Guess I must be really bad, got slaughtered within seconds in arena. If it's evenly matched, I'm screwed lol

same for me. I played as warrior against sorceress and not be able to score almost single hit, I can not even get close to her. When I have seen her spell array, well seems that warrior is no match for sorceress.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Cybert wrote: »
    .... [It] seems that [the] warrior is no match for [the] sorceress [/mage].

awesome!! :)

and it is mage, not sorceress.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Cybert wrote: »
    same for me. I played as warrior against sorceress and not be able to score almost single hit, I can not even get close to her. When I have seen her spell array, well seems that warrior is no match for sorceress.

I win 4 and lose 3, to mage.
    Got problem with dealing damage to those lagger :p
    Hit them in the face and deal no damage >:(
  • CoougsCoougs Registered Users 5 Posts
    Absolutely horible. I have 5 ap tokens... 4 of those I've lost by getting "disconnected" I havnt even had a match yet...