Monk in PVP... balancing needed!

krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
We knew that the Monk class was the weak in Endless and most of the players were expecting the same in PVP....

On my side, I was expecting some kind of balancing with the arrival of the PVP but apparently, the Monks are born to be ruled by the mages and warriors!
Playing EW3 on iOS & EW4 on Android

Comments

• RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Not sure what you mean. Most people are seeing that monks are great choice for pvp. His speed is very unfair. You can just roll right out of mages freeze skill, monks vortex stuns opponent, and his run speed is insane.

Try this. Vortex, fists then just run around for 2 minutes. You win. The only monks that i beat are the ones who actually try to fight me or run into range of my lightning orb.
  • krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
    Rentoc wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean. Most people are seeing that monks are great choice for pvp. His speed is very unfair. You can just roll right out of mages freeze skill, monks vortex stuns opponent, and his run speed is insane.

Try this. Vortex, fists then just run around for 2 minutes. You win. The only monks that i beat are the ones who actually try to fight me or run into range of my lightning orb.

That's the trick, I don't want to run around for 2 minutes!!! But yeah maybe I need to find the proper combo for mages and warriors.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Well It about first attack.
    If he got first attack, then it all over.
    You still could rush him down with the dash. But when he lag, even when you see your dash hitting him he wont get hit.

You have no chance vs Lag Monk.

But if there no lag, you can hit him.
  • dirtymoneydirtymoney Registered Users 72 Posts
    Every monk I play is a ****ing *****. They just hit you twice and then run circles for 2 minutes. Grow a pair.
  • MorimMorim Registered Users 16 Posts
    dirtymoney wrote: »
    Every monk I play is a ****ing *****. They just hit you twice and then run circles for 2 minutes. Grow a pair.

All mages I've fought do the same bull***t. They should just remove the time limit, I'd rather win a 15 min fight than lose because some loser ran around for 2 whole minutes.
    I finally beat some warriors and mages without running around for the whole watch but I do run to avoid ennemy's attacks and to time my attacks!
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    krok8 wrote: »
    We knew that the Monk class was the weak in Endless and most of the players were expecting the same in PVP....

On my side, I was expecting some kind of balancing with the arrival of the PVP but apparently, the Monks are born to be ruled by the mages and warriors!

@GLU: Can you ask your Game Designers, Dev Testers and QC teams to do a proper balancing for the Monks of this world?

Thats funny, I´m ranked around 70 right now. I´m a mage and the only class I have any difficulties vs is the Monk class who can just dodge out if my freeze and stun me and deal hell amount of dmg. The few fights I´ve done with my monk has also been easy wins. So I dunno if I would say Monk is that bad at PvP.
  • MixtacyMixtacy Registered Users 68 Posts
    Warriors. Try to play a mage or a monk vs a warrior and you will be that "Loser" running around also.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**
    Mixtacy wrote: »
    Warriors. Try to play a mage or a monk vs a warrior and you will be that "Loser" running around also.

Most of the players I´ve fought so far has acctually been warriors. And imo they are the easiest ones to dominate. The only ones I´ve encountered so far that has been running around has been the monks.
    It would be nice if one could see what class a player is playing as in the rankings. And allow us to rank up all our three classes separately so we could easily see what class is best and who needs to be buffed. So far I really don´t think monk is bad at PvP but well let's see what others think.
    Mixtacy wrote: »
    the only real runners i see are monks. As a mage versus a warrior i got no idea why you are running. I havent run into a single warrior yet that really poses a threat to a mage.

Also in my experience so far with pvp it seems to be balanced according to rock paper scissors. Assuming equally skilled players that know how to use their class it goes - mage beats warrior beats monk beats mage.
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    I am a mage vs warrior own him easily vs monk that's a challenge and vs mage hard to beat
  • AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    Yeah, I made the mistake of playing my warrior and got pawned by all the mages out there. I played another warrior and it was pretty fair up until he won the second match then ran around like a little girl. But whatever, a win is a win, no matter if you look like a complete pu--y doing it. I def have to try playing with my monk. He has to be good for something because he's useless in the tower.
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • JaxMJaxM Registered Users 83 Posts
    Running is ok if you intend to dodge an attack or reposition for an attack. But if you run just to burn the clock, that's ***** strategy. I think Glu should penalize players who runs around by slowing down their movement after 5 to 10 seconds of no attack or hit.
  • AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    JaxM wrote: »
    Running is ok if you intend to dodge an attack or reposition for an attack. But if you run just to burn the clock, that's ***** strategy. I think Glu should penalize players who runs around by slowing down their movement after 5 to 10 seconds of no attack or hit.

That's an excellent idea. I can understand the strategy, get a few licks in and run out the clock but it really doesn't make it fair. I also can't block very well in PVP. I'm a pretty good blocker with warrior but in pvp, it's like that button doesn't work. Also, there have been some people that I've just whacked on but barely do any damage...have people already equipped a bunch of pvp gear or....?
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • EneaStafaEneaStafa Registered Users 12 Posts
    JaxM wrote: »

So as i understand from you post you have only warrior..you are good in endless,bosses, dungeons..monk special ability is running why we shouldn't use it? We are good at 1 thing and everyone gets mad..Get a life man and enjoy pvp
  • YodafettYodafett Registered Users 8 Posts
    Rentoc has it right here; "mage beats warrior beats monk beats mage"

But hell yes PVP needs some work..

The length of time you spend frozen by a mage is completely ridiculous.

Monks can run away after one hit on you and then you can never hit them again and it times out.

Parry on warrior is just a complete gamble because of severe latency. No skill feel to it whatsoever.

The ONLY fun battles as it right now, are same class fights.

Get this sh*t sorted out Glu
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Warrior vs Mage is no problem - just parry her attacks over and over. Sometimes the retaliation stuns her which is enough to unleash an attack for major damage.

Monk sux - some guys just hit you a few times and run in circles to kill the clock. No fun.
  • YodafettYodafett Registered Users 8 Posts
    griml0ck wrote: »
    Warrior vs Mage is no problem - just parry her attacks over and over.

That sounds like the most fun ever! Let me get back in game right away to try it out...

No offense meant, jus kidding, but common.. You think its right to have to play like that, where spamming parry endlessly is the only way to win? and with the mass lag-fest its hardly reliable.
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Yodafett wrote: »

That sounds like the most fun ever! Let me get back in game right away to try it out...

No offense meant, jus kidding, but common.. You think its right to have to play like that, where spamming parry endlessly is the only way to win? and with the mass lag-fest its hardly reliable.

Of course not - but as a warrior, what are your choices? Mage isn't going to get close and duke it out. And I didn't say just jam on the parry button = you need to time your blocks.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    As a Warrior, first fight with a Mage made me look like a silly little child. My first fight with a Monk was down to the wire and the Monk just barely came out with the win. First fight with another Warrior was pretty easy actually.
    Handles wrote: »
    As a Warrior, first fight with a Mage made me look like a silly little child. My first fight with a Monk was down to the wire and the Monk just barely came out with the win. First fight with another Warrior was pretty easy actually.

As a Monk, winning over a warrior is pretty hard. It seem that the only way to win is to be lucky with the Vortex and to achieve the first kill. If you can't kill the warrior pretty fast, his damage will just be an instant death... when I'm in that situation, I run for my life trying to use another Vortex but it's pretty hard.
  • FallenonyouFallenonyou Registered Users 78 Posts
    I finally beat some warriors and mages without running around for the whole watch but I do run to avoid ennemy's attacks and to time my attacks!

There's nothing wrong with that
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    As a Monk, winning over a warrior is pretty hard. It seem that the only way to win is to be lucky with the Vortex and to achieve the first kill. If you can't kill the warrior pretty fast, his damage will just be an instant death... when I'm in that situation, I run for my life trying to use another Vortex but it's pretty hard.

I look forward to running through the game as a Monk once I finish my Warrior run. I want to see how Monks are first hand.
    griml0ck wrote: »
    Warrior vs Mage is no problem - just parry her attacks over and over. Sometimes the retaliation stuns her which is enough to unleash an attack for major damage.

Monk sux - some guys just hit you a few times and run in circles to kill the clock. No fun.
    like i said, its assuming people know how to use there class. If you are just parrying a mage over and over to win you are not playing a very good mage. A mage should always freeze a warrior and only then attack. If you parry while frozen i can go make a sandwich, get a coke and watch some family guy by the time your parry fires off and im standing behind you. The very few warriors that actually give me a problem are the ones who actually fight and not parry. The rush actually breaks out of freeze quite a bit.

Btw glu. My statements are in no way stating that mage is OP. Like i said its a rock paper scissors thing. Monk is just stupid to fight as a mage. How the hell does rolling just cancel a freeze. And he can get close so fast that our regular attacks dont stand a chance against his. Orb is our only chance but its very easy to avoid as monk. When i see a monk using the hit and run around till clock runs out tactic on a mage i just wanna kick that lil ***** right in the baby makers. Learn to play your class.
  • radshortyradshorty Registered Users 103 Posts
    Rentoc wrote: »
    like i said, its assuming people know how to use there class. If you are just parrying a mage over and over to win you are not playing a very good mage. A mage should always freeze a warrior and only then attack. If you parry while frozen i can go make a sandwich, get a coke and watch some family guy by the time your parry fires off and im standing behind you. The very few warriors that actually give me a problem are the ones who actually fight and not parry. The rush actually breaks out of freeze quite a bit.

Btw glu. My statements are in no way stating that mage is OP. Like i said its a rock paper scissors thing. Monk is just stupid to fight as a mage. How the hell does rolling just cancel a freeze. And he can get close so fast that our regular attacks dont stand a chance against his. Orb is our only chance but its very easy to avoid as monk. When i see a monk using the hit and run around till clock runs out tactic on a mage i just wanna kick that lil ***** right in the baby makers. Learn to play your class.
    I've played u and u are scared of me. stop trying to act like its Rock Paper Scissors when the monk is the obvious ruler.
    radshorty wrote: »
    I've played u and u are scared of me. stop trying to act like its Rock Paper Scissors when the monk is the obvious ruler.
    apparently your reading skills are in question here or you dont understand how rock paper scissors works. As a mage i am definitely saying i am scared of monks. If we fought i am sure you beat me. I have only beaten one monk. Stay in school kids. Reading is a very important skill to have.
  • radshortyradshorty Registered Users 103 Posts
    I'm sorry if you don't understand my simplicity. I am saying that the monk can screw up a warrior as well thats all. monk can run around the outer limits of the map for the whole game after giving a punch or two. he is the truly overpowered one.
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    I look forward to running through the game as a Monk once I finish my Warrior run. I want to see how Monks are first hand.

Monks have a very hard time levelling through the campaign. But appparently theyre amazing in pvp with the running so yeah
    ;)
    radshorty wrote: »
    I'm sorry if you don't understand my simplicity. I am saying that the monk can screw up a warrior as well thats all. monk can run around the outer limits of the map for the whole game after giving a punch or two. he is the truly overpowered one.

I do not agree with this at all. A good warrior player knows how to not allow the monk to just run around the outer limits, not that hard to corner him even with the speed diffrence. I agree with Rentoc's Rock-Paper-Scissors simplification. All classes are acctually good. The only over powered move I think should be changed is how easy a monk can dodge out of freeze. I´m sure some sucky monks will rage over this.