Options

1st PvP Season - How did you do.

mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
Share here about your experiences in the PvP season that just finished.

Personally I ranked 21 before the end, and just missed out on top 20 because i accidentally slept during the last couple hours. I won 27 or 28 battles, disconnected in 3, game froze in 1, and i lost 3 (i think was 4 tho). To KennyGZ from upgrade (he got me last 3 seconds haha), darpo from my guild and KhanSai who used a warrior against my mage and was absolutely beast despite the advantage i had. Had superb games against other strong players like Mharvz and Grugg who i got lucky against.

Majority of players use op mage, and the few monk users were placed high as monk seems to be thriving with the hit and run strategy. Warriors were simply outclassed and i think are only used by players who have not completed mage and monk. They would do great though if they played similarly to KhanSai.

I was very happy that my guild GoodFellas took 1st place. Looking forward to more battles ahead. (Tho Glu should please decrease waiting time :( )

Android top 3:
1. Bababalian (FairandHonor)
2. Shee (GoodFellas)
3. NiceAssassin (FairandHonour)

Guilds:
1. GoodFellas
2. FairandHonor
3. Wolfpack
;)

Comments

• Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Very bad
    I only use warrior, no mage no monk.

I doing OK and mostly win. But when I have to fight lagger, that when the hell start.

Unlike Mage and Monk, that got AOE skill, Warrior skill have to hit enemy in the face. And when enemy lag, they wont get hit, because they didnt see me attacking them. They only seeing me dash in the wrong direction, when im seeing that im hitting them.

Oh most of the time my ping is -70ms, so it not me that lagging.

Here what it look like
  • Options
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    Very bad
    I only use warrior, no mage no monk.

I doing OK and mostly win. But when I have to fight lagger, that when the hell start.

Unlike Mage and Monk, that got AOE skill, Warrior skill have to hit enemy in the face. And when enemy lag, they wont get hit, because they didnt see me attacking them. They only seeing me dash in the wrong direction, when im seeing that im hitting them.

Oh most of the time my ping is -70ms, so it not me that lagging.

Thats unfortunate, but has been a problem since EW2 as well and im sure with any other handheld device PVP game. I was lucky enough to face only 1 lagger which i somehow won thanks to lightning orb, and also didnt face any hackers like a majority of my friends have.

I guess warriors do have it tough.
    ;)
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    Share here about your experiences in the PvP season that just finished.

Personally I ranked 21 before the end, and just missed out on top 20 because i accidentally slept during the last couple hours. I won 27 or 28 battles, disconnected in 3, game froze in 1, and i lost 3 (i think was 4 tho). To KennyG from Wolfpack (he got me last 3 seconds haha), darpo from my guild and KhanSai who used a warrior against my mage and was absolutely beast despite the advantage i had. Had superb games against other strong players like Mharvz and Grugg who i got lucky against.

Majority of players use op mage, and the few monk users were placed high as monk seems to be thriving with the hit and run strategy. Warriors were simply outclassed and i think are only used my players who have not completed mage and monk. They would do great though if they played similarly to KhanSai.

I was very happy that my guild GoodFellas took 1st place. Looking forward to more battles ahead. (Tho Glu should please decrease waiting time :( )

Android top 3:
    1. Bababalian (FairandHonor)
    2. Shee (GoodFellas)
    3. NiceAssassin (FairandHonour)

Guilds:
    1. GoodFellas
    2. FairandHonor
    3. Wolfpack

I enjoyed PvP, some minor lag and alot of noobish roundrunners lowers the fun experience but in general it was still very fun.

Finnished #12 and Guild #1 on IOS side. Was not that fun to have to fight your own Guild members but heck that was expected beeing at top Guild. Well played all OU members!
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    I was only able to play 3-4 times since I was in the process of moving but here's what I learned:

I am now sick of the parry animation and got really good at avoiding them :p
  • Options
    khansaikhansai Registered Users 15 Posts
    Thanks Mochian!! I never had an forum account would always browse and look around . I finished 9th and 3rd in guild .

My first fight against a mage I got owned bad. I thought man what the heck they are so over powered . The second fight I lost but finally figured how to beat mage with warrior .

Over all I really like the PvP aspect. The one thing I do not like is you can pay to get the best PvP gear in Gold Offerings. PvP.gear should be a reward ... Not pay to win. BUT o I forgot this is Glu were talking about .
  • Options
    khansaikhansai Registered Users 15 Posts
    Btw. What was.your mage name Mochian ?
  • Options
    bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    KennyGZ is the leader of my guild called upgrade. We finished fifth in rank.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • Options
    grepgrep Registered Users 74 Posts
    Only one thing that I did not like - every time I looked for match ~ 5-10 minutes on servers (EU/USA) after 3-1* rank :)
  • Options
    Khansai I am dZiaH ingame.

Apologiez bigbrules I got mixed up. Corrected kennys guild in op.

and lol Shee, so now we can confirm that ranking is another factor involved in the matchmaking process. Interesting.
    ;)
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    thanks for the shout out mohican :) Whats your ign? I beat a few last second. I guess I can look at arena rankings to figure out. I lost to several hackers late at night and raged on that a bit but moved on and ranked 49 so I was happy with that for now.

I didn't really have to much trouble with monks and the warriors who beat were kiters and runners. I hate playing that way and will go head to head as much as possible with others who will.
  • Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    thanks for the shout out mohican :)
    I didn't really have to much trouble with monks and the warriors who beat were kiters and runners. I hate playing that way and will go head to head as much as possible with others who will.

That seems to be a smart strat to me. Stand toe to toe if you are sure you got the bigger hammer or hit and run if you don't. After all, winning is the name of the game, right? You don't get points for fighting pretty! ;)
  • Options
    SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    Awesome! never lost a match.

Never won a match....

Come to think of it, never was able to get in a match. Great update, Glu.
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    they made it so you get more ap if you kill rather than hit once and kite whole time....way to go glu on a smart change.....impossible to totally fix the problem but a very creative way to make it a little better. :) That being said if someone leaves early I think other person should not get junk ap. I had a war I was eating leave before one kill cause it was clear he had no chance and I got junk ap since zero kills.