Options

New PvP

UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
Ok, apparently everyone thought I was gone forever. And so did I. But, apparently, something new has arrived that none of us ever thought was going to come. PvP.

Alright, let's cut the semantics and get to why I'm really here. To return to my old ways of criticizing and bashing Glu until their heads smash into a thousand pieces.

Ok, not really.

But let me give an honest review of PvP.

It's really fun. Like really fun. Especially when I face hit and run monks and have connection error for 3/6 games. Just now, I played six matches (payed 20 gems for one), and had 3 connection errors. And on top of this, I knew I would have won those games. I had like 2/3 kills necessary to defeat them. And then, boom. Connection error.

I was not a very happy child.

Anyway, second bad thing: timer. Hit and run monks are just cheap and pathetic. Against my own class, warrior, I win all the time, except when the other guy is just teleporting around due to lag. But I won't count that against him.

However, warrior vs monk is ridiculous with timer. This is not Glu's fault. This is the players who lack real skill but need to find a cheap way to win. It's their fault. Yeah, guys, all you guys who use this strategy? I'm CALLING YOU OUT. AND I'M TELLING YOU TO STOP IT. PvP is a skill based game. I play it for fun. I don't like to play tag. Probably because my elementary school just called, and IT WANTS ITS GAME BACK.

Final problem is tickets. That, my friends, is just........ugh. 45 minutes for one, or 20 gems for one? Ugh. I'll stop there so my post doesn't get deleted.

Lastly, as always, I'm going to point out the current pay to win tournament.

Have a nice day.
UltraSceptile~Forums King.

Comments

• Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Welcome back Ultra.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    3 problem of Warrior VS Monk

#1 Lag!
    When your enemy lag so bad you not gonna be able to hit him.

#2 Vortex Stun
    Why did it has a stun? Shouldn't it just knock you down? And why the hell it stun you at the very first moment, where it suck you in?

It's very stupid when you clearly winning and then just 1 hit and you stun then die. Take alot from warrior just to land a dash on running monk, just to lost by 1 hit stun.

#3 Runner
    It's not really the problem. If they arent lag, youcan hit them with dash. so it #3
  • Options
    bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    The 45 minute refresh rate is beyond ridiculous and 20 gems is to much. Now you can use mana pots in pvp and I think the gem price got raised on them because of that. Pay to win is pure garbage we all know that. Also they need to remove the option to pick servers because asian players are playing on american servers and exploiting the lag.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    ... something new has arrived that none of us ever thought was going to come. PvP....

WB US. Your posts are always well written and structured.

Well, considering they have been hammering for the last 3 months how important pvp is to them and they will be including it asap, plus they put an npc in town specifically for pvp, it was inevitable.

On lag, yes, that will always be a problem with pvp, players on the other side of the world ect ect. You can pick the best server to suit you. I have played about 8 battles, luckly I havnt had much if any troubles with lag or a hacker (you probably havnt encountered these yet).

With tickets, well, they are just forcing us to play less, which to me is fine. All non pure intellectual games are really just designed to waste time, and most money also. They are good for fun, entertainment and as one way to relax us after a hard day of work or study. Balance is needed. They are helping us (maybe) to spend less time in game.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    Welcome back Ultra.

Hahaha. Caught me be surprise.
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    WB ultra :D
  • Options
    HellvisHellvis Registered Users 95 Posts
    Ok, apparently everyone thought I was gone forever. And so did I. But, apparently, something new has arrived that none of us ever thought was going to come. PvP.

Alright, let's cut the semantics and get to why I'm really here. To return to my old ways of criticizing and bashing Glu until their heads smash into a thousand pieces.

Ok, not really.

But let me give an honest review of PvP.

It's really fun. Like really fun. Especially when I face hit and run monks and have connection error for 3/6 games. Just now, I played six matches (payed 20 gems for one), and had 3 connection errors. And on top of this, I knew I would have won those games. I had like 2/3 kills necessary to defeat them. And then, boom. Connection error.

I was not a very happy child.

Anyway, second bad thing: timer. Hit and run monks are just cheap and pathetic. Against my own class, warrior, I win all the time, except when the other guy is just teleporting around due to lag. But I won't count that against him.

However, warrior vs monk is ridiculous with timer. This is not Glu's fault. This is the players who lack real skill but need to find a cheap way to win. It's their fault. Yeah, guys, all you guys who use this strategy? I'm CALLING YOU OUT. AND I'M TELLING YOU TO STOP IT. PvP is a skill based game. I play it for fun. I don't like to play tag. Probably because my elementary school just called, and IT WANTS ITS GAME BACK.

Final problem is tickets. That, my friends, is just........ugh. 45 minutes for one, or 20 gems for one? Ugh. I'll stop there so my post doesn't get deleted.

Lastly, as always, I'm going to point out the current pay to win tournament.

Have a nice day.

This is your place Ultra.. Sucked at the game.. Great at bashing GLU. Jk jk my young Jedi.
    Hellvis
    <DegradeLand>
    Status - Legendary / Occupation - Badass / Resides -Filth Palace
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    Too bad mage on pvp is immortal 99% of the time. I don't mean immortal as unbeatable - I mean literally. He spams skills like crazy case he has shatload of mana, and after each skill I can't do anything to him. Also, somehow I got 5/5 mages today morning -.- Won 2 fights cause they were stupid, but still mage needs a nerf on pvp.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    Had a few issues myself that probably are due to lag..

- Mage vs mage: somehow the other guy is right behind me AFTER using a blink in the opposite direction (see him blink away then he's behind me)
    - Use a spell when the other guy is far away but somehow he hits me and cancels casting
    - See "critical" on my screen (meaning I hit) but no HP whatsoever is taken away from the other player

Hope it's just lag
  • Options
    XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
  • Options
    nellydesignnellydesign Registered Users 10 Posts
    nyjn wrote: »
    Had a few issues myself that probably are due to lag..

- Mage vs mage: somehow the other guy is right behind me AFTER using a blink in the opposite direction (see him blink away then he's behind me)
    - Use a spell when the other guy is far away but somehow he hits me and cancels casting
    - See "critical" on my screen (meaning I hit) but no HP whatsoever is taken away from the other player

Hope it's just lag

Seeing "Critical!" on your screen in big red letters is not good. It means you've been crit by the opponent. When you crit you just see the amount of damage you did in bigger yellow numbers.

As for the OP. Yeah. Monks. The only fun I have in PvP is against another warrior. At least then we just beat the **** out of each other until one of us dies. Against a monk I can be sure to just run around the whole time not hitting them or getting stunned until the time runs out. Yay fun! Timer plus stun means monks will win every fight they are in. That should probably be fixed at some point Glu. Against mages it isn't much better. They can't literally stun you but freeze and blink is about the same unless a warrior has a charge saved up. In most cases I lose because they always manage to stay out of reach and they have a skill that does damage to you while they just run around.

Judging by how long it actually took them to implement PvP, I can bet that there won't be any changes anytime soon, so expect to see monks and mages at the top of the leaderboards for the foreseeable future. Games like this really suffer with PvP. Namely because with only 4 skills available, there is no real chance to do any balancing by the devs or build tweaking by the player. The game is not deep enough. I played WoW PvP for years and the amount of effort they put into balancing was heroic. You also had dozens of skills per class to play with. We didn't think they did enough at the time, but compared to this debacle, they were gods. In this small scale, freemium, mobile game, some classes will just always be stronger. In this case it's any class with a stun. Sorry warriors.
  • Options
    The problem is not monks. I've played monks that fight head to head, and it's an EPIC fight. I live for this kind of thing, and I love it. The problem is the players that have no skill and just want to win with a cheap strategy.
  • Options
    nellydesignnellydesign Registered Users 10 Posts
    The problem is not monks. I've played monks that fight head to head, and it's an EPIC fight. I live for this kind of thing, and I love it. The problem is the players that have no skill and just want to win with a cheap strategy.

Agreed, and the temptation to basically do nothing and get to the top of the leaderboards is too much for the majority of players. So it should probably be fixed, and I have no idea how.
  • Options
    Agreed, and the temptation to basically do nothing and get to the top of the leaderboards is too much for the majority of players. So it should probably be fixed, and I have no idea how.

Not really. I've met monks that love to play head to head. They use skills, they use dodge. I use parry. I parry all skills, because I'm that good. (Ok, not really.) But this is a fair fight. PvP is a test of skill, a battle head to head. As i sad before, I don't like playing tag.

This "strategy" tempts the noobish players, because it requires no skill or timing to play. I'm not going to say ALL pay to winners are noobs, but I'm willing to bet a lot of them are. Most good players I have faced have not spent a single penny, or have spent very little.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    until their heads smash into a thousand pieces.

Or until you're accounts are frozen again? Just be sure to keep it civil or it goes back to the way it was…

Have a nice day.

Thank you. You too.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Or until you're accounts are frozen again? Just be sure to keep it civil or it goes back to the way it was…

I don't care if my accounts get frozen again. As long as the development team listens to our cries and continue to improve the game, I'm happy. And hell, I might even recommend this game to some more of my friends.

Yes, to all those going w.t.f., I do have friends.

No, I'm not an ******* to them.

We are all different people when we're on and off the internet.

Like I'm actually really shy and quiet in real life.

Feel free to laugh.
  • Options
    Xephraim wrote: »
    8u3op.jpg

Why do I have to be Robin?

The sidekick always dies, don't you guys care about me? AT ALL?!

Oh.......

I think I'll go cry in a corner now.