how fair is PvP

elbandido32elbandido32 Registered Users 77 Posts
My 9k mage was recently paired with an 11k. Mage and it was one of those rare battles where I was not kicked out by the network. I did, however, have my butt handed to me by this superior mage. I thought the battles were paired according to your skills but a battle with 2k gs above yours is pretty much a dearth sentence because with one good hit from her I would lose half my power. Fix the network and set better matches please.

Comments

• LandenorLandenor Registered Users 5 Posts
    Yes better pairings that take into account as well skill levels aside from GS would be more welcome.
    Give players an option to challenge Players that are evaluating better than them, if they win they should get a bit of extra bonus.
    So say GS and Skill puts you into "4" you might want to try yourself against someone how is already at "5" your tactic might give you the edge.

PS if a player disconnects and forfeits the combat, the other player should take the win. Independently of Kills. Or in the case that both players lost server connection, return both players their Arena Token, and annul the match.
  • SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    It pairs you with people of similar level, not GS
    Jewelz
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    It's a combination of things that includes gear score and level.
  • SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    I'm a 12.1k mage, level 50, obviously. I've been paired against 8k monks whom I've killed in three hits..
    I mean, I'm not complaining.. Just sayin'
    Jewelz
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I'm a 12.1k mage, level 50, obviously. I've been paired against 8k monks whom I've killed in three hits..
    I mean, I'm not complaining.. Just sayin'

God smiles on you Cat. I have yet to face an opponent that isn't over 11k.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.