Options

League Of Legends vs Eternity Warriors 3

UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
Alright, let's get to it. Which game is better, LoL or EW3?

They are both MMOs.

They are both free to play.

LoL offers constant updates. EW3 does not, unless they are removing a bug that benefits the players.

LoL has free pvp, and no tickets whatsoever. And one game is fun. One game is 45 minutes, and you only have to wait for two minutes. Classes are balanced and there is no overpowered champion. EW3 has a limit, where you have to play for 2 minutes and you have to wait for 45 minutes. On top of this, there is connection error, lag, and all sorts of things to make your life worse in EW3 pvp.

There is co-op against the computerized bots in LoL. Something that EW3 does not have, and probably will never have, because there's no way the devs can make money off a ticket system like they can in pvp.

LoL has no "pay to win" element. You can pay for champions and skins, but skins are accessories and like I said before, no champion is completely overpowered. The beginning champions are not the worst, but they are the easiest to use and learn the game.

LoL has millions of players that love the game. EW3 has maybe 100 thousand players, and most of them hate the game and only play it because they already invested too much time and energy into EW3.

I said "vs" in the beginning. I take it back. There is no competition.

Go download League of Legends now. Free to play, skill to win.
UltraSceptile~Forums King.

Comments

• Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    I already do :)
    EW3 is a pass time when i have nothing to do i play on nordic and east server
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Ok just spent a bit of time trying to find league of legends for my ipad. Only to find out its a pc/mac game. How on earth can you compare a pc game to a tablet game. You know i hate just about every single scheme going on with this game besides the gameplay. But you cannot compare this to pc or console game. I play this because its convenient to just pop out my ipad and play for a couple minutes without bothering the rest of the house. If i were to wanna hop on my laptop or console OF COURSE the games are better.
  • Options
    Rentoc wrote: »
    Ok just spent a bit of time trying to find league of legends for my ipad. Only to find out its a pc/mac game. How on earth can you compare a pc game to a tablet game. You know i hate just about every single scheme going on with this game besides the gameplay. But you cannot compare this to pc or console game. I play this because its convenient to just pop out my ipad and play for a couple minutes without bothering the rest of the house. If i were to wanna hop on my laptop or console OF COURSE the games are better.

I was comparing two MMOs. This game follows the f2p, p2w thing. League does not. Which is why LoL is much more popular and loved than this game. Simple as that.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Ultra you said goodbye already. Go away and play your new game and leave us alone.
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    Ultra you said goodbye already. Go away and play your new game and leave us alone.

Look, if you dont like me, why dont you leave me alone? I already said my posts are no longer going to be littered with swearwords.

Yea, i said goodbye. But since PvP came, i got bored. So i post on forums, but i try not to annoy you guys.

So, i have something to do when in not at my computer. You guys dont have to see my old "trashy" posts. Dont we all win here?

Or do you just hate me that much? Because we all know who we can hate by their actions on the internet, after all.
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    Lol, i am trying to write something down and just can't stop laughing.
    Ok, so...

1. Neither LoL nor EW3 is an MMO. A game considered an MMO when multiple people can play with or versus each other in one universe at once. Sub 10 people =/= "massive". Otherwise "Chess online" would be an MMO.
    2. Comparing a mobile game with a multi-million PC franchise is dumb, i can't play LoL while on a bus.
    3. You don't play MOBA when you want to play hacknslash diablo clone.
    4. Lol freemium model is exactly the same — you either grind IP for weeks or you buy all the runes and few champions for real money. I d say you need at least 5-7 sets of runes and at least 20-30 champions to play competitively. Farming those will get you longer then getting level 50 in ew3.
    To put it into the perspective — buying gear won't make you perform better in the arena vs someone who farmed it. Just like in LoL. If you don't farm however — you are screwed, just like in EW3.

I am playing LoL for around 3 years so it probably got way better replay ability than EW and can be considered a "better game", but its completely subjective. People who love diablo might just hate DOTA because those are completely different genres and comparing them is... well.
  • Options
    Lieto wrote: »
    Lol, i am trying to write something down and just can't stop laughing.
    Ok, so...

1. Neither LoL nor EW3 is an MMO. A game considered an MMO when multiple people can play with or versus each other in one universe at once. Sub 10 people =/= "massive". Otherwise "Chess online" would be an MMO.
    2. Comparing a mobile game with a multi-million PC franchise is dumb, i can't play LoL while on a bus.
    3. You don't play MOBA when you want to play hacknslash diablo clone.
    4. Lol freemium model is exactly the same — you either grind IP for weeks or you buy all the runes and few champions for real money. I d say you need at least 5-7 sets of runes and at least 20-30 champions to play competitively. Farming those will get you longer then getting level 50 in ew3.
    To put it into the perspective — buying gear won't make you perform better in the arena vs someone who farmed it. Just like in LoL. If you don't farm however — you are screwed, just like in EW3.

I am playing LoL for around 3 years so it probably got way better replay ability than EW and can be considered a "better game", but its completely subjective. People who love diablo might just hate DOTA because those are completely different genres and comparing them is... well.

You're right. LoL is MOBA. Thats the one and only thing that youre right about though....

I was merely trying to point out that LoL is much more successful, and more loved, because the best, and when i say best, i mean BEST, players win. The top players in LoL who compete in tournaments play League all day every day to hone their skills. The top PvP players in EW3 are the ones that spent money for more energy to fight battles. Seriously.

And i was merely pointing out that EW3 can learn a thing or two from league. I mean, most people spend in LoL because they want the skins, not so they can have an advantage. I dont care how much money you spend on champions, without any real skill, youll get killed a billon times. But EW3 does not do this. The godly PvP gear most likely is only obtainable through gold offerings, which in turn is only obtainable through your wallet. I havent played LoL that much, probably cuz ive been too busy watching The Blacklist, but i must say, LoL overshadows EW3 in a lot of things, and EW3 can change that.

Let me give an example. My monk spent over 10 hours farming for Soulshredders, because i knew i was never gonna get Mighty Mitts in endless in the next couple of months. But guess what? Glû pulled the rug out from underneath me and those 10 hours were wasted. If i spent 10 hours playing League, it would be worthwhile because i would have more experience learning how to build my character and just overall getting better at the game.

I wouldn't mind spending weeks, or even months, playing LoL. Because the gameplay experience is really fun. Maybe it's cuz I'm a noob in League, but every fight seems fresh. Whereas in EW3, you might spend months and not get anything. And you're doing the EXACT SAME THING, over, and over, and over again.

I spent around 3 months farming for a godly set on my warrior. I got everything except godly talisman. And now Glu throws out PvP gear? That can't be obtainable through farming? Godly is rare enough, what are the odds of PvP gear in endless tower? I could spend a year there and still not get anything. Yeah.....that seems right. Glu likes to have you farm forever, and then they throw out a new set of gear that can be paid for....or you can spend a couple of months getting even better stuff, rinse and repeat. If Riot did this with LoL, then they wouldn't have millions of players. If Riot made it so that there were tickets in League, no one would play.

That's just my opinion. You may think EW3 is a great game that overshadows everything, but I say there's room for improvement. There's room to make the majority of players happy and willing to spend.

Yes, this is a PC game. Yes, you can't play it on a bus. But at least when I play LoL, I don't feel like I need to throw my phone at the wall because there was a "connection error" for 3/5 of my fights. I don't feel the need to kill somebody because someone used a hit and run monk on me. Yes, I shouldn't really compare the two, but I was merely pointing out, if you spend a lot of time near a PC, then you should probably stop wasting your life on a flawed system called EW3 and you should start investing your time in a game that has a much larger, much happier fanbase called League of Legends.
  • Options
    collecting stamps is different from doing kickboxing, all i can say really.

If you know how to make EW3 more successful apply for a game designer. easy as that.
  • Options
    collecting stamps is different from doing kickboxing, all i can say really.

If you know how to make EW3 more successful apply for a game designer. easy as that.

I would....but it's not legal for a child under 16 to get a job.
  • Options
    MooslesMoosles Registered Users 35 Posts
    It would be nice if EW3 didn't allow you to use gems to prematurely level skills or to buy offerings/tickets for gear, runes, more endless/PVP runs as well as gold. I'm on the fence about mana/HP pots.

It would be nice if EW3(and all games for that matter) could pull the same amt of money or more in by using gems to rather purchase items that don't affect game play such as a vast array of different pets, wings, cosmetic ******** all readily available for purchase with gems.

It is very difficult to come across free games that can do that though. I played a free mmorpg called "Aika" and eventually quit because people were able to purchase so much stuff that you couldn't touch them without shelling out money yourself or putting an incredible amount of time into the game.

With the amount of games GLU has on the market you'd think they could afford to do the above in select games where they want to keep a pure players skill set. I would think that by doing that they would make much more money because I feel people would flock to and have a much higher number of involved players and a better ratio of people who install the game and keep playing, let alone with a competitive mindset. I really don't know, maybe they've tried it, maybe they haven't, maybe it failed, maybe they executed it terribly wrong. I really don't know.
  • Options
    MixtacyMixtacy Registered Users 68 Posts
    I have a honda civic but I always blow my motor when I try to race, and actually go fast. I am tired of buying the next new motor. Honda should really look at how bmw are doing things in comparison. bmw this.. bmw that..

In reality> Honda dont give two fks cause you still bought it... Either does BMW

What needs to be done: Just enjoy life.

edit: moral of story. honda isnt trying to be a racing company but rather just a car company.
    edit2: although honda is also a racing company... ok ok, so i picked a bad example.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**
  • Options
    I would....but it's not legal for a child under 16 to get a job.

So i am working in the development industry for more years than you lived and you keep arguing with me. Way to learn things.

// It would be nice if EW3 didn't allow you to use gems to prematurely level skills or to buy offerings/tickets for gear, runes, more endless/PVP runs as well as gold. I'm on the fence about mana/HP pots //

Why would that be nice? Do you really care about how many pots do i have? How does it impact you personally?
    /facepalm
  • Options
    So i am working in the development industry for more years than you lived and you keep arguing with me. Way to learn things.

// It would be nice if EW3 didn't allow you to use gems to prematurely level skills or to buy offerings/tickets for gear, runes, more endless/PVP runs as well as gold. I'm on the fence about mana/HP pots //

Why would that be nice? Do you really care about how many pots do i have? How does it impact you personally?
    /facepalm

Read the part where it talks about runes and tickets.

You're really going to bring in your "development" knowledge? Have you developed a game that people will play?

Here I'm talking about how EW3 can improve so they can make more money and the players can be more happy, but you're going to say just because youre a developer that it means youre automatically right? I'm sure most people will agree that PvP tickets are utter BS, and so are endless tickets. WTH is "endless" stand for anyway? Endless pain? Endless suffering? Endless waiting? Endless hackers? Endless green and grey items?