are you a warrior in pvp?

khansaikhansai Registered Users 15 Posts
Hi I'm just wondering does anyone else use a warrior in pvp. If so What's your rank? And how do you feel about warriors against other classes?

Comments

• Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    I am, at first i thought he was underpowered but gettin used to pvp hes pretty good, only thing that you qre guaranteed a loss on is a monk hittinf and running, aside from that fighting mage is just down to strategy, since 99% of people use the orb in the middle you spend it running round the outside dashing in when you can and judging the ice blink its difficult but not impossible, i was in top 150 last night not sure were i am now though

Id say its mor balanced than people wre saying,

Just wish the timers would be removed so its fight till death, so you could get more play out ofyour tickets/energy
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Only real enemy to warrior is LAG.
    When all your hit wont make any damage no matter how good, you can't win :P

My good point is reaction, not psychic. I don't know where to hit, when those **** lagger are lag and disappear all over the place.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    Yeah ive found that too ill dash right through them as if they were invisible doing 0 damage haha, annoying
  • burguburgu Registered Users 10 Posts
    I use my warrior. I win against almost all other warriors and monks. No problem with that. I have 12962 GS and also 10 PVP.

BUT I definitely cannot win against mages (one or two wins so far; they must be inexperienced or low gs mages). They are too overpowered against warrior. They seem to be immune to parries. My parries take just a little of their health (or maybe it is because of the lag mentioned by Voidblader.) Their speed is a little more than that of a warrior. I even will not talk about how unfair is that freeze and teleport thing. No way they will be caught to my blade barrages and whirlwinds. IT IS EXTREMELY UNFAIR!!! Is there a sensible way to fight against mages as a warrior? Glu must definitely do something about that. At least it must reveal the players' classes in the leaderboard. I bet most of the players ranked in the first 50 are mages.
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    burgu wrote: »
    I use my warrior. I win against almost all other warriors and monks. No problem with that. I have 12962 GS and also 10 PVP.

BUT I definitely cannot win against mages (one or two wins so far; they must be inexperienced or low gs mages). They are too overpowered against warrior. They seem to be immune to parries. My parries take just a little of their health (or maybe it is because of the lag mentioned by Voidblader.) Their speed is a little more than that of a warrior. I even will not talk about how unfair is that freeze and teleport thing. No way they will be caught to my blade barrages and whirlwinds. IT IS EXTREMELY UNFAIR!!! Is there a sensible way to fight against mages as a warrior? Glu must definitely do something about that. At least it must reveal the players' classes in the leaderboard. I bet most of the players ranked in the first 50 are mages.

I get beat by good warriors all the time, it's a matter of timing and execution.

Most common is if they can dash after a blink (whether stupid or lag related doesn't matter).. If they hit me with the dash they can pretty much kill me there unless I autoblink or they don't crit at all (which doesn't happen, apparently arena = 100% crit or 0 damage :p)

As for being immune to parry (which has no cooldown), it's probably the lag or someone smart enough to run out of the affected area.

Basically what I'm saying (and it's been said before), learn how to play your class before whining about nerfing someone else.

Dash gets you out of the freeze, so the freeze is useless against a good war (or monk with dodge for that matter, maybe I should start a thread whining about that).
  • burguburgu Registered Users 10 Posts
    nyjn wrote: »
    I get beat by good warriors all the time, it's a matter of timing and execution.

Most common is if they can dash after a blink (whether stupid or lag related doesn't matter).. If they hit me with the dash they can pretty much kill me there unless I autoblink or they don't crit at all (which doesn't happen, apparently arena = 100% crit or 0 damage :p)

As for being immune to parry (which has no cooldown), it's probably the lag or someone smart enough to run out of the affected area.

Basically what I'm saying (and it's been said before), learn how to play your class before whining about nerfing someone else.

Dash gets you out of the freeze, so the freeze is useless against a good war (or monk with dodge for that matter, maybe I should start a thread whining about that).

Thx for the tips. But u say you are beaten by good warriors all the time. Then, (i) yes, I agree with u, only good warriors can beat a mage which proves my point: mages have an advantage over warriors. A warrior shouldn't have to be very skilled to beat a regular mage. Given that gs, pvp, skill, etc. are all equal, chances must be also equal. (ii) if you are beaten with all that advantage, u must also work more on your class.
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    burgu wrote: »
    Thx for the tips. But u say you are beaten by good warriors all the time. Then, (i) yes, I agree with u, only good warriors can beat a mage which proves my point: mages have an advantage over warriors. A warrior shouldn't have to be very skilled to beat a regular mage. Given that gs, pvp, skill, etc. are all equal, chances must be also equal. (ii) if you are beaten with all that advantage, u must also work more on your class.

I never said I was good at this, I just refrain from whining about losing.

Good warrior just means someone better or as good as I am, which I would not qualify as great. I have beaten warriors using the same tactics that the ones I lose to use, as I said before there are plenty of factors, including timing, aiming with skills, predicting the opponents pattern of movement while using those skills, and most of all (IMO): lag.

The same fight could have very different outcomes depending if the warrior lags or the mage, or none, or both. By saying that a warrior shouldn't have to be skilled to beat a mage, are you trying to say that warriors should be better than mage?
    The current system definitely needs work, but I think that overall the classes (if played at a similar GS and skill level) are fairly balanced.

I have played a lot of different games over the years and have still yet to find one where everyones chances are completely equal. In most games (which have more than 3 classes, I'll give you that), every class has its nemesis that can beat him with inferior gear if used correctly.