Options

Bug? Potion problem in PvP

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
I play mage and am seriously upset with the energy potions in PvP. It's bad enough that these potions completely unbalance the game but now I'm seeing things on chat about how they are free. I don't know if it's a device by device thing or a class based thing but some monks seem to have the potion balance set to 75 every time they go into PvP.

No wonder they are drinking them as fast as they can

Like any class the mage has advantages and disadvantages. The mage is powerful but really only has two key advantages. Range and fast mana recovery. See http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?103715-Please-nerf-mages-they-have-so-many-advantages-for-pvp&p=181195&viewfull=1#post181195

The Mana edge is effectively undercut by potions particularly when they are free. When a Monk or Warrior can spam skills at will the Mage has very little chance. Every competent Monk I've faced has beaten me soundly. No need to hit once and run until time runs out. If attacks are timed correctly the mage is a sitting duck and will get stunned with Qi and then pounded. The monk then drinks a potion and repeats the formula.

The mage can fight back of course and occasionally does some damage but with attacks which have to be aimed and can not be launched while moving it's very hard to hit a moving monk. The danger of running low on mana is really the only thing that makes the fight anywhere close to ballanced.

Comments

• Options
    FallenonyouFallenonyou Registered Users 78 Posts
    Don't bring it to their attention how about you try it....