Options

Animated Logo Sound

I'll first point out that the animated logo (and all of the GLU graphics for this game) is great.

However, the sound is VERY loud and a bit startling. Sometimes you want to play and not let everyone around you (ie while sitting watching your kids play sports or at work or whatever) know that you're playing a game on your iPhone.

Is there a way to turn the sound that the logo makes off (other than turning the sound on the phone off, turning on EW, and then turning the phone sound back on)? A recommended approach is to tie it to the selection of sound at the Game Settings / Sound FX on/off toggle.

Comments

• Options
    jaggujaggu Registered Users 149 Posts
    guacamole wrote: »
    I'll first point out that the animated logo (and all of the GLU graphics for this game) is great.

However, the sound is VERY loud and a bit startling. Sometimes you want to play and not let everyone around you (ie while sitting watching your kids play sports or at work or whatever) know that you're playing a game on your iPhone.

Is there a way to turn the sound that the logo makes off (other than turning the sound on the phone off, turning on EW, and then turning the phone sound back on)? A recommended approach is to tie it to the selection of sound at the Game Settings / Sound FX on/off toggle.

Ditto.. sound is nice but not good for work/meetings where we need EW3 to get thru the boring phase...
  • Options
    EternityWarriorsEternityWarriors Registered Users 19 Posts
    I agree, would be nice to turn off this intro sound. If you turn off music and sfx in the settings menu evertyhing gets turned off EXCEPT the glu logo splash screen.

Already had a couple situations where I was at work and this splash screen sound played :X :X :X
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    It is a video clip so the sound is tied to the video. You do not have a volume button on your phone/tablet???
  • Options
    It is a video clip so the sound is tied to the video. You do not have a volume button on your phone/tablet???

mate - do you even read?
    "Is there a way to turn the sound that the logo makes off (other than turning the sound on the phone off, turning on EW, and then turning the phone sound back on)? A recommended approach is to tie it to the selection of sound at the Game Settings / Sound FX on/off toggle."
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    guacamole wrote: »

I agree, just about jumped out of my skin when I started bit of insomnia induced gaming. I won't quote the Mrs.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Why don't you guys just turn your phone on vibrate to avoid sound all together?
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Why don't you guys just turn your phone on vibrate to avoid sound all together?

it does not work that way in android!! :) please dont start apple and android bashing !! just saying!
  • Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    I always have sound off. Battery drains fast enough all by itself. It don't need any additional loads. But, if you just have to have sound, plug in your head phones and have your piece in only one ear, so you can listen to the meeting with the other. ;)
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    jaggu wrote: »
    it does not work that way in android!! :) please dont start apple and android bashing !! just saying!

Umm, it does one mine. with media volume minimized, game doesn't make a peep...

Edit: android 4.1.2 on an S3 for the record...
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    [SOLVED] keep whatever media volume on you phone - no issue - just tap repeatedly when the game starts and it will skip the animated logo!!