Options

Retiring mage from pvp.

RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
yup gonna retire mage and im gonna pvp with monk from now on. Monk stands best chance against any given class. Warriors still dominate me most times but i know as i get better it will lessen.

Mages saving grace is her freeze and now that warriors know they can just dash out of it and monks just ignore it completely she loses all her edge. She is a turret, meaning she is completely immobile when she uses her attack or skill. Without the slowdown to assist her targeting shes going by the wayside. Im sure in about a month everyone will be warrior or monk in pvp.

I once said all classes were equal and this was true when the rock paper scissors thing applied. Mages could slow down a warrior and dominate, warrior could parry everything a monk throws at him. And monk could escape the mage freeze to get close and wail on that *. This is no longer case. Mages loss of edge against warrior has now pulled her out of the loop. Still amazing in pve and boss fights. She is no longer built for pvp.

And yeah yeah all you "well if you do this and he does this then you do this" people, im of course talking about people who actually know how to play their class. Warriors that actually know how to parry and save dash. Those are the people you want to beat anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Mage sux : ice blink -> war dash out of it , mage blink out and monk dodge
    Eruption can be evaded easily the bolt just keep away and laser can be parried or dodged out and have no stun or so ad since we can use mana pots now the only adv which was mana was removed
    Mage just sux now
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Yeah, I retired my warrior too - too many cheaters at 12.6k GS/lvl 50.

I almost don't want to level my Monk - more fun fighting at 2k GS/lvl 26.

By more fun I mean slightly less annoying.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know how prizes work if say, you have 2 hero's who both rank high enough for prizes?
  • Options
    AxelCD1AxelCD1 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    Mage sux : ice blink -> war dash out of it , mage blink out and monk dodge
    Eruption can be evaded easily the bolt just keep away and laser can be parried or dodged out and have no stun or so ad since we can use mana pots now the only adv which was mana was removed
    Mage just sux now

Really? Mage seems to me the most difficult and annoying character to beat (I'm a 12630GS warrior). BTW, greetings for everyone, I've been lurking for a while, but i decided to join the forum today :)
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    I just dropped the last piece I needed for my mage, so I might start using my monk more overall as well.

Time to up my war :p
  • Options
    TacoLitaTacoLita Registered Users 29 Posts
    Im not one of those people you talk about but so far my mage has been whoopin warrior ****... and shes only 3400gs lvl 39. Cant wait to try my lvl50 11gs monk though.

The mage can be effective. I consider myself an above average player. I enjoy each class for different reasons and i end up doing pretty well in each also.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    There is a system that can work really effectively against the monk, and once you find it, you can pretty much demolish them.

Each class has their balance, some are just slightly easier on the learning curve.
  • Options
    Maybe because most the warriors u fight are noobs taco when i became at rank 4/3 warriors started to be good , rly good and they are all high gs 11K gs or higher and they knew and learned how to get away from any thing that mage can use so yeah mage is now inferior of all classes
  • Options
    MorimMorim Registered Users 16 Posts
    I can beat any monk in PvP with my mage, even if they start running like little bi****. Once you find a strategy to hunting them down, they are hopeless, no defence whatsoever, as soon as they rush into you, ice back out and thats it, they have no chance of touching you. I'm having more trouble with warriors because they can actually put up a fight and have greater damage and defence overall.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    Maybe because most the warriors u fight are noobs taco when i became at rank 4/3 warriors started to be good , rly good and they are all high gs 11K gs or higher and they knew and learned how to get away from any thing that mage can use so yeah mage is now inferior of all classes

Can you use punctuation please? I'm sure more would agree.
  • Options
    I am sure what i mean is pretty obvious
  • Options
    ducvaderducvader Registered Users 204 Posts
    I like playing Mage.