Options

God of runes offering

DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
I used my 12 god of runes tokens today, and what i got was 6 blue ice resistance, 2 blue lighting resistance and 4 blue fire resistance.
How does the offering work and shouldn't purple and gold be easier to get since it cost 100 gems per token?
It really is frustrating to only get blue when i had high hopes for purple and gold.

Comments

• Options
    EternityWarriorsEternityWarriors Registered Users 19 Posts
    Offerings are a gacha mechanic. Basically it's like slots, and in the long run you will lose.

ALOT of free to play games use this mechanic now. Japan just banned it the other week which is a CRUSHING blow to various gaming companies in Japan but it's yet to be seen how the ban will enforced and or if companies can still put it in games so long as they state the %'s of winning/getting items.

http://www.serkantoto.com/2012/02/21/gacha-social-games/
  • Options
    Offerings are a gacha mechanic. Basically it's like slots, and in the long run you will lose.

ALOT of free to play games use this mechanic now. Japan just banned it the other week which is a CRUSHING blow to various gaming companies in Japan but it's yet to be seen how the ban will enforced and or if companies can still put it in games so long as they state the %'s of winning/getting items.
    http://www.serkantoto.com/2012/02/21/gacha-social-games/
    I do know it's a gamble, but what are the chances or is there a way to boost ones luck?
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Damii wrote: »
    I used my 12 god of runes tokens today, and what i got was 6 blue ice resistance, 2 blue lighting resistance and 4 blue fire resistance.
    How does the offering work and shouldn't purple and gold be easier to get since it cost 100 gems per token?
    It really is frustrating to only get blue when i had high hopes for purple and gold.

You got it right. The way it works is they show you gold to get your hopes up and give you junk. Not unlike the coin operated machines at Walmart which show the big happy stuffed animal in the corner. It looks like the claw mechanism can easily reach it. After you pay money you find that the claw is slippery, doesn't grip much and the target prize is weighted down.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    You got it right. The way it works is they show you gold to get your hopes up and give you junk. Not unlike the coin operated machines at Walmart which show the big happy stuffed animal in the corner. It looks like the claw mechanism can easily reach it. After you pay money you find that the claw is slippery, doesn't grip much and the target prize is weighted down.

I have still yet to win any stuffed plush toy from one of those machines. An entire childhood of frustration that has lead to a deep seeded hate of claws. I just wanted the Scooby Doo!!
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Only problem is that it costs 30 bucks to spin 10 gold offerings....and you only get blue junk.

I don't think it costs more than a dollar to use a claw on one of those machines.

when i was young, my dad would laugh at the machines and buy me a giant stuffed panda that was both cuter and bigger than the plush toy.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »
    I have still yet to win any stuffed plush toy from one of those machines. An entire childhood of frustration that has lead to a deep seeded hate of claws. I just wanted the Scooby Doo!!
    So basically we have to re-live our childhood frustration in our young adult lives?
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts

Lots of ways to say it.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...
    Same stuff different day...
    There's a sucker born every minute...
  • Options
    CybertCybert Registered Users 14 Posts
    My daughter wins twice in row the best plush toy in the machine, and when she trows the third coin and and lost, she clould not understand she will not win in every run... :-)