Options

Pvp is now done for me.

RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
Aight this was the last straw. Dunno what the hell changed in pvp if anything. But first you made my mages freeze pretty much worthless so i figured id try monk. I was having a blast on monk. Losing just as many matches as i won. But it was very fun.

Well i just hopped on to give the ole pvp a go again. My first 3 matches are against all warriors. All different people. Couple of things i noticed during these three fights. The dreaded varju, vortex, fist of bye bye combo barely takes them to half health now. Ok thats fine. It was a powerful combo. Then the total * starts. ALL 3 of the warriors could one shot me with dash. It didnt matter if they were at full health or not. At bare minimum it took 75% of my hp every time, or just plain killed me. Im an 11k monk. That should not be the case.

Now i can definitely see why so many monks are running. A warrior sneezes and i die. Ridiculous. But i will not become a runner. I want to pvp for fun and its been ruined so im done with pvp until something changes.

And yes i could just try with my warrior but honestly ive always been the most bored with him. And honestly from the warriors ive seen fight it looks boring as hell. Run around, angle in for a dash, parry 47 times, dash again, oh mebbe ill try a whirlwind, weeeeee. Or thats the pattern i see most anyway lol.

Comments

• Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    Slowly giving up on it as well, not because of any specific class or anything, but just the overall non-funness and uselessness of it.

By playing pretty frequently, I can get to rank1 and then just stay there due to lag/better player/etc.. but I will still not get any rewards worthy of all the time spent getting to 100ish on the leaderboard.
    AP is nice for the gems, which is the only thing realistically attainable without playing more and/or buying extra tokens to get more runs. The only use I have for the rest is get it on my warrior (who is level 26 lol) to save for when he gets to 44 and can use the offerings for easy farming gear.

I have my issue with balance as well, but as long as people buy gems for arena tokens I don't see anything changing.
  • Options
    MonnikMonnik Registered Users 24 Posts
    I agree, they took this rebalance a bit too far. A well aimed dash takes away 80% of my 12.5k mage's health, not to mention whirlwind. At least let the mage blink out of that. Besides, warriors are still running through my attack only getting hit 1/3 of the time whilst I'm taking damage on every hit.

I would just hop on my warrior, but I don't think I'd do much bettet since it doesn't have a murdermaker yet.
  • Options
    I would also love to know whos players feedback it was they were listening too for this absurd imbalance. It sure as hell wasnt from these forums. Everyone had their complaints for every class sure. But overall the balance was pretty **** good the way it was. The ONLY thing i coulda seen being tweaked was monks roll out of freeze or somehow fixing his 1 hit run for 2 minutes. Not this ******** of making monk a paper target for a warrior while at the same time replacing his awesome claws with fists full feces. These fing devs really just cant leave well enough alone can they.
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Has this "rebalance" been confirmed? I did notice the warrior's dash doing more damage to monk, but I figured it was because I was paired with someone 9 levels higher lol

I may have to switch back to fighting with my 12.6k GS warrior now.
  • Options
    griml0ck wrote: »
    Has this "rebalance" been confirmed? I did notice the warrior's dash doing more damage to monk, but I figured it was because I was paired with someone 9 levels higher lol

I may have to switch back to fighting with my 12.6k GS warrior now.

I noticed some changes, mage seems way more vulnerable against wars too (been PvPing with monk this season, only have a couple of fights with her).. The tornado now seems to be completely unavoidable and if I'm not mistaken (didn't pay close attention), the CD on blink has been raised or I'm losing my mind lol
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    I almost one shotted a monk today with dash.. AND IT WAS THE FIRST TIME! Yes, if you are unlucky (or rather the warrior is lucky) and every hit crits it's powerful, but usually it's not. And your power combo still packs hell of a punch, and if I'm stunned I can't do *, just watch my hp go down. If you crit a lot - I can still die in 1 combo.
    Monks are annoying because they are too hard to hit, but still way more balanced than mages. Warriors are only good if they know how to parry correctly, and only dash is useful. NEVER have I managed to hurt mage or monk with whirlwind - only warriors, because u can easily jump/teleport from it.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    bryblun wrote: »
    I almost one shotted a monk today with dash.. AND IT WAS THE FIRST TIME! Yes, if you are unlucky (or rather the warrior is lucky) and every hit crits it's powerful, but usually it's not. And your power combo still packs hell of a punch, and if I'm stunned I can't do shlt, just watch my hp go down. If you crit a lot - I can still die in 1 combo.
    Monks are annoying because they are too hard to hit, but still way more balanced than mages. Warriors are only good if they know how to parry correctly, and only dash is useful. NEVER have I managed to hurt mage or monk with whirlwind - only warriors, because u can easily jump/teleport from it.

Mage can't blink if you start hitting him with whirlwind, and that's a pretty much guaranteed kill..

Regarding monk, I keep getting my stun parried by the war's passive skill, which with dash hitting so hard is my COD a lot :(
  • Options
    And same thing with monks dash. Once the whirlwind connects you cant dash out of it.
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    I'm done with pvp. 3 fights now - 3 cheats. I hope Glu company will die a painful death of a financial affair.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    ZabulonZabulon Registered Users 25 Posts
    Cheats, lag, runners all still an issue.

This isn't PVP.

PVP done well is awesome, in its current form EW3 PVP is a joke.

No issue losing a fair fight, but having someone hit you once or twice then run around doing everything possible to avoid PVP is rather tragic, also fedup with seeing my combo increasing but no HP being taken.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I really don't like single player PvP. Bugs and stuff are inevitable, and with one on one, everything just goes sideways.

I would have preferred guild vs guild. Take 5 players from each guild, and have there be a map, like in LoL. Everyone has 3 lives. This would make things fun.

I shouldn't have to pray for an honorable opponent in PvP.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    I really don't like single player PvP. Bugs and stuff are inevitable, and with one on one, everything just goes sideways.

I would have preferred guild vs guild. Take 5 players from each guild, and have there be a map, like in LoL. Everyone has 3 lives. This would make things fun.

I shouldn't have to pray for an honorable opponent in PvP.

Great idea. Or at least random groups of 2, 3, 4, 5; not necessarily guild-only.
  • Options
    EndoriEndori Registered Users 11 Posts
    How can y cry as monk? Itś the most op char. U can stun lock someone and avoid all dommage. Just learn to play it the good way. In High rank, its still totally unbeatable. Ur just bad if u get hit by a dash as monk. The #1 is a monk and it Will not change as long as the oneshot combo exist and can be done in all security. U cant hit monk when hé do his ultimate... Its the only class who can do this. Its as u get invulnérable when u shoot ur laser as a sorc or tornado as warrior. Monk need a lot of nerf. This class is still totally broken in high rank with good players
  • Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    I see they started messing with the matching system now, just to p i s s us off a little more! (You higher levels wouldn't notice it as much) I was matched with someone with a GS 2k lower than mine 3 times in a row. I am sure he wasn't a happy camper. Previously, matches were in the +/- 1K area. If the lag thing weren't bad enough, now we have major miss-matches to deal with!
  • Options
    Endori wrote: »
    How can y cry as monk? Itś the most op char. U can stun lock someone and avoid all dommage. Just learn to play it the good way. In High rank, its still totally unbeatable. Ur just bad if u get hit by a dash as monk. The #1 is a monk and it Will not change as long as the oneshot combo exist and can be done in all security. U cant hit monk when hé do his ultimate... Its the only class who can do this. Its as u get invulnérable when u shoot ur laser as a sorc or tornado as warrior. Monk need a lot of nerf. This class is still totally broken in high rank with good players
    yes sir. Every point you made is absolutely correct. Monk is a god, dunno what i was thinking. All the stuff i posted and experienced in combat was in my imagination. Man you should be #1 in my opinion. You know too much.

And yeah i havent pvp'd since i made this post. Other games are pulling me away from this game easier and easier every day.
  • Options
    Rentoc wrote: »
    yes sir. Every point you made is absolutely correct. Monk is a god, dunno what i was thinking. All the stuff i posted and experienced in combat was in my imagination. Man you should be #1 in my opinion. You know too much.

And yeah i havent pvp'd since i made this post. Other games are pulling me away from this game easier and easier every day.

Which ones? Looking for another game to pass time on :p

Still playing some EW3, but mostly to level my war, mage is fully stuffed and hoping for some more high-end content..
  • Options
    Right now im playing how to train your dragon, boom beach, a couple clash of clans clones, infinity blade 3, and some card games like hearthstone. Another rpg will come along soon that actually knows how to put out a product worth spending money on. Im happy to wait. Only reason i even still play this game is because of the money i had previously spent before it all went to ****, and the hope that mebbe one day they will get their act together.

I only hop on now to help out with guild tourney. Pvp has gone to ****, new stages were a joke, they cant even offer different dailies to shake things up, lotus tower is utterly worthless, tournaments are the same thing over and over again (no imagination), the only new gear they offer is only obtainable with a minuscule chance to get it on a spinning wheel, and its the same stats as what we have already. Oh or they put in a boss to win it with an extremely unbalanced loot system. The list goes on and on. But as long as people keep paying nothin will change.
  • Options
    PyrodancerPyrodancer Registered Users 7 Posts
    Aight this was the last straw. Dunno what the hell changed in pvp if anything. But first you made my mages freeze pretty much worthless so i figured id try monk. I was having a blast on monk. Losing just as many matches as i won. But it was very fun.

Well i just hopped on to give the ole pvp a go again. My first 3 matches are against all warriors. All different people. Couple of things i noticed during these three fights. The dreaded varju, vortex, fist of bye bye combo barely takes them to half health now. Ok thats fine. It was a powerful combo. Then the total * starts. ALL 3 of the warriors could one shot me with dash. It didnt matter if they were at full health or not. At bare minimum it took 75% of my hp every time, or just plain killed me. Im an 11k monk. That should not be the case.

Now i can definitely see why so many monks are running. A warrior sneezes and i die. Ridiculous. But i will not become a runner. I want to pvp for fun and its been ruined so im done with pvp until something changes.

And yes i could just try with my warrior but honestly ive always been the most bored with him. And honestly from the warriors ive seen fight it looks boring as hell. Run around, angle in for a dash, parry 47 times, dash again, oh mebbe ill try a whirlwind, weeeeee. Or thats the pattern i see most anyway lol.
    I don't get what you're talking about. Each character only has a few attacks, there are only fifteen enemies and less stages repeated. This isn't chess, this is checkers. My ten year old nephew figured the game out in a couple hours, and beat normal in a week. Let's not treat this like brain surgery. Tho only way to be good is have no life and play forever, hack, or pay to win. It's a phone game, quit making it complicated.
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Pyrodancer wrote: »
    (some pointless stuff)

Leaving the above to the side for a moment, as a warrior, my fights have been almost 50/50 for W/L. I have had my dash do some serious damage, perhaps as much as 50% on another warrior, and had the same done to me, but for most mages/monks I face, the dash doesn't connect. Last two fight I had were against a mage and a monk. Dash hit them, slid them backwards and slammed them into a wall for... no damage.

If my warrior is all-powerful, I can't wait to see it. And now I think I know what I'll say in my mind every time I do a whirlwind... :)
    oh mebbe ill try a whirlwind, weeeeee.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    TacoLitaTacoLita Registered Users 29 Posts
    Craigster wrote: »
    I see they started messing with the matching system now, just to p i s s us off a little more! (You higher levels wouldn't notice it as much) I was matched with someone with a GS 2k lower than mine 3 times in a row. I am sure he wasn't a happy camper. Previously, matches were in the +/- 1K area. If the lag thing weren't bad enough, now we have major miss-matches to deal with!

I was on the other end of this. Got my **** spanked by someone 3k +gs, almost double the hp and every other stat. Once he noticed that he wasnt getting hurt, the guy literally danced around under my Orb as I launched volcanoes up his ****. Then his Orb killed me in 2 strikes.

GGGGLLLLUUU!!!!????? IS ANYBODY HOME ? WHAT ...... THE...... F........ IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION? !?!

One of these major gaming sites, magazines or shows needs to sit down with Niccolo de Masi just like his interview for the Google Glass game and get some answers for all of us. Start the interview with a very stern open hand slap to the back of the head like dad use to do. Mess his hair up a little bit. Then proceed with interroga.... I mean interview.
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    TacoLita wrote: »
    I was on the other end of this. Got my **** spanked by someone 3k +gs, almost double the hp and every other stat.

I'm a 12.1k warrior, got paired with 10 folks under 10k GS, the lowest was 7786 GS (sorry javen!). The lowest I had before the update on sa****ay was 10139 GS. Certainly not fair for the other guy.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    Pyrodancer wrote: »
    I don't get what you're talking about. Each character only has a few attacks, there are only fifteen enemies and less stages repeated. This isn't chess, this is checkers. My ten year old nephew figured the game out in a couple hours, and beat normal in a week. Let's not treat this like brain surgery. Tho only way to be good is have no life and play forever, hack, or pay to win. It's a phone game, quit making it complicated.
    ok....wha....ummmm....what the hell does this comment have to do with anything at all in this thread. Did your 10 year old nephew help you write this? Who said anything about regular stages or......i dunno whats goin on in that head o yours. This is about pvp. Try reading a post before commenting on it. And if your going to comment try actually knowing what your talking about.