Options

Current state of PVP

MixtacyMixtacy Registered Users 68 Posts
at this post http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?103818-Best-and-Worst-PvP-players/page5

AxelCD1 wrote..
AxelCD1 wrote: »
I've fought about 6 or 7 times a guy named Toraches. Great player we always have good fights, no running at all.

So I got to thinking.. Once in a blue moon you will get those players that will still have traditional fights, but..
I did like 10 matches give or take in a row the other day without running. Even if I was ahead, and almost 90% of the time, it would let the other person get a crit or whatever which put them in the lead.
And not once did the opponent give me the same courtesy I gave.
I actually dropped from 230-4600 (estimate rank) by doing this little experiment.

So what's my conclusion?
If winning and climbing the ladder is your goal. Get that hit and run the rest of the match cause I can gurantee 99% of the time your opponent is planning exactly that. Doesnt matter if you think it's right or wrong. It's just how it works at the moment.
IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**

Comments

• Options
    Also just wanted to add. I will always start off a match being agressive. If my opponent is avoiding me like runners do it's a sure tell sign hey will be doing the same thing once they are ahead. So land that shot that gets you ahead and just LoL the whole time whille he is all a sudden the one that has to be agressive.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    This is how i see it too. People have no honor when fighting. Especially the Asian players. Personally, im Chinese, but i hate all these Chinese players that use American servers to purposely lag and force me miss dashes and skills. Theyre pathetic.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    ZabulonZabulon Registered Users 25 Posts
    Mixtacy wrote: »
    Also just wanted to add. I will always start off a match being agressive. If my opponent is avoiding me like runners do it's a sure tell sign hey will be doing the same thing once they are ahead. So land that shot that gets you ahead and just LoL the whole time whille he is all a sudden the one that has to be agressive.

I must say if I get a known runner I do the same, makes me feel dirty though and need to take a shower after a match like that!

I keep coming across people who don't get back up after they go down very annoying.

Also had a Monk who had no CD on skills on IOS literally chained stun, then his barrage skill then stun straight after.
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    I can barely stay at 3-4 starts, would be easily at 0-1 if not for dozens of cheaters I met, and a few total * runners.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    Been playing monk this season for fun and not gonna lie, if the other guy starts hiding behind orb/parries or running, I get the lead then taunt him the rest of the fight :p

I'd much rather get a real fight in but a lot of people hit me once then start running, so once I get the lead I do the same to them and it's oddly satisfying
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    I think they should remove the clock completely, make it so that the first person with 3 kills is your winner. This would * off all the runners haha.
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    Or it will become an endurance contest on who is willing to run the longest lol
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

• Options
    I think the best solution is to have the match decided as a Draw. Also to have both players lose points in case of a draw
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Big Sage wrote: »
    I think they should remove the clock completely, make it so that the first person with 3 kills is your winner. This would pišš off all the runners haha.

To really make it a fight remove the potions or give each side two to use only for the fight.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Big Sage wrote: »
    I think they should remove the clock completely, make it so that the first person with 3 kills is your winner. This would * off all the runners haha.

Thought about this, then thought about people just running away until the other person quits the match out of frustration.
    I think the best solution is to have the match decided as a Draw. Also to have both players lose points in case of a draw

That would be hard to get the system to see the difference between a normal 0-1 fight and a 0-1 fight where one guy was running away after the first kill.
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »
    That would be hard to get the system to see the difference between a normal 0-1 fight and a 0-1 fight where one guy was running away after the first kill.

not a 1-0 or a 0-1. That's clearly a win cause atleast a take down was accomplished. I am saying to determine that 0-0 matches a draw rather then give a win to the person with the most health remaining.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

• Options
    not a 1-0 or a 0-1. That's clearly a win cause atleast a take down was accomplished. I am saying to determine that 0-0 matches a draw rather then give a win to the person with the most health remaining.

I'll pass this suggestion on up.
  • Options
    On behalf of me and that rest of the community. Thank you.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

• Options
    On behalf of me and that rest of the community. Thank you.

Can't promise anything beyond me mentioning it.
  • Options
    AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    I have to get this off my chest...I'm not at the lower levels of pvp anymore and I haven't gotten ONE player today that wasn't at least 1000 gs above me. Believe me, that 1000gs makes a difference. And I'm not complaining about a few hundred gs but 1000 or more???? RI-****-ULOUS. I mean, come on, my 1100 gs mage got matched with this guy:
    14+-+1

See how much gs my mage has???? COME ON GLU!!! Help a brother out.
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie