Options

G L U, Why can't you get matching right????

How hard can it be to match GS's? In no Frickin world is a match between a 7.5k GS person vs. a 12.5k GS person Fair!!! How hard is it to match correctly? I know your intent is to try to get us to spend more money because of the measly 8 ap we get for losing 3/3 but, it is getting very close to time to put this game down.

Comments

• Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Craigster wrote: »
    How hard can it be to match GS's? In no Frickin world is a match between a 7.5k GS person vs. a 12.5k GS person Fair!!!

My new record was a fight today against a 4964 GS monk. Part of me says, yeah he had no chance. Another part of me says why the heck should a 4.9k GS monk be ranked above me? If all he fights are other 5k GS players, how fair is that? Might one day see a 5k player win a season... >.>

I'm guessing rank has something to do with pairing, i.e. if you are kicking butt and getting your rank up be aware you are gonna see some of the big dogs. I'm guessing, because all I seem to see are lagging/modding cheaters that Glu has yet to acknowledge they will ever do anything about.

My last 15 fights today were the 4.9k GS monk, 3 low GS warriors (avg 8.4k GS) and 11 freakin' mages (avg 12k GS). Of the mages, 6 clearly got the lag benefit where I couldn't land hits, i.e. dash, whirlwind, reg hits nail the opponent on the screen, but little or no HP lost.
    it is getting very close to time to put this game down.

Amen, you aren't alone.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Completely agree here. Glû does an awful job with their games. Main thing is that they dont care about anything but money. That'll help you in the short term, but longterm wise, you are screwed as a company if you set up such an awful reputation. But, like most Americans, only the present matters.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Completely agree here. Glû does an awful job with their games. Main thing is that they dont care about anything but money. That'll help you in the short term, but longterm wise, you are screwed as a company if you set up such an awful reputation. But, like most Americans, only the present matters.

Ultra: Don´t you ever get tired of repeating the same thing over and over again?
    Boy do I miss the two days you where acctually "retired" from this forum ;-p

I kind of agree with Brutal on this one, the matchmaking is rank base no matter what gs you have. Might not be "fair" for the low level guys, but heck it’s a PvP tournament and the best of the best is supposed to climb the ladder and end on the top. If you are low level and have ****py gear concentrate on grinding and finding better gear instead of wasting time on an end game activity.
  • Options
    UjimasaUjimasa Registered Users 2 Posts
    The obvious solution would be to create GS-brackets to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future. Facing an opponent with a higher amount of GS because you've been doing well is fair when it's within the bracket. I guess the brackets could be something along the lines of 0-500 500-1000 1000-2000 2000-4000 and so on. I'm not yet familiar with high GS battles as I've started playing a week ago so those numbers suggested above will most likely need adjusting but you get the point I'm trying to make, I hope.
  • Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    I kind of agree with Brutal on this one, the matchmaking is rank base no matter what gs you have. Might not be "fair" for the low level guys, but heck it’s a PvP tournament and the best of the best is supposed to climb the ladder and end on the top. If you are low level and have ****py gear concentrate on grinding and finding better gear instead of wasting time on an end game activity.

OK, if that's the case then, why, when my rank is the same from start to finish of the whole 6 day tournament, do I get 3/5 matches against 12.5 gs people? I start out rank 9 with 1-4 stars and I finish rank 9 with 1-4 stars. And the main reason I can't get any better in ranking is that I get the matches with 12.5 gs people 3 out of 5 times! The whole thing is screwed up in my opinion!
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    How hard can it be to match GS's? In no Frickin world is a match between a 7.5k GS person vs. a 12.5k GS person Fair!!! How hard is it to match correctly? I know your intent is to try to get us to spend more money because of the measly 8 ap we get for losing 3/3 but, it is getting very close to time to put this game down.

Why in the world would GLU want to match based on GS and GS alone? I'd drop armor (and GS) but keep my weapon and blow away the competition. GLU has a much harder job doing the matching and have to include things like level, and arena rank. Then they have to compare that with a possibly small pool of people looking to fight.
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    Why in the world would GLU want to match based on GS and GS alone? I'd drop armor (and GS) but keep my weapon and blow away the competition. GLU has a much harder job doing the matching and have to include things like level, and arena rank. Then they have to compare that with a possibly small pool of people looking to fight.

So, you must be one of the people benefiting from the 5k gs mismatch? Sorry, but there has got to be a better way than what they are doing now! And 3 matches in a row with the same opponent is really stupid too! Fix it G L U! (btw, you only think you would blow them away. Once you start winning, you would move up (or down in this case) until you were out geared.)
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    OK, if that's the case then, why, when my rank is the same from start to finish of the whole 6 day tournament, do I get 3/5 matches against 12.5 gs people? I start out rank 9 with 1-4 stars and I finish rank 9 with 1-4 stars. And the main reason I can't get any better in ranking is that I get the matches with 12.5 gs people 3 out of 5 times! The whole thing is screwed up in my opinion!

I don´t really get what you are trying to say here. So what during the whole tournament your rank doesnt change because you win and loose the same amount of times, is that it?
    When you get matched agains thoose high GS people after the fight have you checked if their "rank/star" multiplier is about the same or atleast close to your own multiplier? If yes then yeah everything works as it should and thoose people have about the same rank as you do even if they have higher GS then you.

This said, I know the matching does get bugged or something sometimes and I as an high gs max leveled char at top 50 spot get matched with some random low leveled gs 3k ish dude, who I kill in one hit. This has happened two times in 200+ matches so dunno how common it is to others. If this is what happens to you and that many times as you say 3/5 matches. Then your account rank is bugged or something.
  • Options
    So, you must be one of the people benefiting from the 5k gs mismatch? Sorry, but there has got to be a better way than what they are doing now! And 3 matches in a row with the same opponent is really stupid too! Fix it G L U! (btw, you only think you would blow them away. Once you start winning, you would move up (or down in this case) until you were out geared.)

The original post said "How hard can it be to match GS's?". I was simply saying that more is involved than GS. That said, the GS portion of the formula is way off an does need to be fixed.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    I don´t really get what you are trying to say here. So what during the whole tournament your rank doesnt change because you win and loose the same amount of times, is that it?
    When you get matched agains thoose high GS people after the fight have you checked if their "rank/star" multiplier is about the same or atleast close to your own multiplier? If yes then yeah everything works as it should and thoose people have about the same rank as you do even if they have higher GS then you.

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. I start out the tournament rank 9 and occasionally dip in to rank 8 but, promptly lose and go back in to rank 9. 2 to 3 fights of every 5 are with 12.5 gs or higher. I will have to check their rank next time I fight. I didn't notice that info was available. I'm sorry, I don't believe anyone with a 5k gs disadvantage would ever win the match no matter how talented you are. I have managed to get 1 kill before I die 3 times but that's as good as it gets. Guess I will just have to postpone pvp until I get to 12.5 gs myself. Then I won't have to deal with gs mismatch at least.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts

Wait a little while after a loss. You are getting matched up with the same person because you are jumping in again right away, just like they are, which increases the chance you will fight them again since you are searching for a fight at the same time.
  • Options
    Guess I will just have to postpone pvp until I get to 12.5 gs myself. Then I won't have to deal with gs mismatch at least.

51 matches into this season I found myself back at rank 9 with 3 stars... don't expect miracles from boosting GS. Especially with all the lag/mod business in full swing. Haven't gotten past rank 5 yet.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I'm quite happy with it. Lower gs players makes up for all the pathetic laggers and runners that kill my rank.

God I am such a cruel, heartless person. /takes a bow.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts

Dude, sometimes you gotta be smarter than your technology. I hate playing the same person back to back so I EXIT out of pvp and go back in...voila...new person.
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • Options
    AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    51 matches into this season I found myself back at rank 9 with 3 stars... don't expect miracles from boosting GS. Especially with all the lag/mod business in full swing. Haven't gotten past rank 5 yet.

I just got to level 4 with 3 stars and ALL my opponents have WAY more gs than I do, like THOUSANDS more. Basically, the little guy is not meant to climb the ladder and compete with the big boys. I'm doing everything in my power to keep my level and stars but when I face a person 11k gs above me, that's not a fair fight, that's a slaughter. Something does have to be done. I like the bracket idea, just make the prize ****pier for lower tiered gs then everyone will want to boost gs and play with the big boys. If it stays like it is, more and more people will be runners or cheap a** p*ssies when it gets to that level. They want to keep their level and stars as much as I do.
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • Options
    I was finally able to get back on and do some more pvp. (Work is getting in the way) I was not able to determine my opponents ranking. Maybe I am missing something. Someone want to tell me how to do that?

On another note, I have no delusions of grandeur about being a top ranked pvp'er but, I would like to earn more ap rewards by climbing that ladder. Earning 8 ap for a 5k gs differential pounding makes it take that much longer to get there. 8(
  • Options
    I was finally able to get back on and do some more pvp. (Work is getting in the way) I was not able to determine my opponents ranking. Maybe I am missing something. Someone want to tell me how to do that?

After the fight, when the winner is announced, tap the (i) icon at the top-right of your opponent's info panel. It should be on the right half of the screen just above/below your own info panel.
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    After the fight, when the winner is announced, tap the (i) icon at the top-right of your opponent's info panel. It should be on the right half of the screen just above/below your own info panel.

I have hit that i icon before and all I see are his stats, nothing about ranking. I will have to look harder the next time I go in.
  • Options
    All it says on the right is "match bonus, kills, Rank + level Bonus (x4.8)" No hint there of what his actual rank was. Guess I am blind but I still don't see what my opponent ranking is.
  • Options
    All it says on the right is "match bonus, kills, Rank + level Bonus (x4.8)" No hint there of what his actual rank was. Guess I am blind but I still don't see what my opponent ranking is.

AFAIK, it doesn't appear anywhere outside the high scores list.
  • Options
    ghostrikeghostrike Registered Users 24 Posts
    >REGARDLESS OF GS, I think LEVEL GAP must be the main factor on pvp matching. Like 5 gaps up and down your level.
    >This will prevent high level players as mentioned above to just equip good weapon and accesories and strip-off or use low level GS armors gears. By this, i am obliged to equip my BEST gear! If i didnt, i will be killed by my enemy even if it is 5 level lower than me but uses his BEST GEAR.
    > With this, everyone is obliged to farm for the best gear at their current level, and the GS will not be much of a factor knowing that your enemy will be only 5 level above or below you. With this, you have hints what is their equipments will be.
    > For GLUU not to make it so complicated so much. RAnking,GS,LEVEL, etcc.... wherein mistakes on matching will be high. WHY not just the level GAP?
    ** I am level 48 so i would expect to fight lvl 49 and 50 or 5 level below me.
    > or they can lower the GAP. Like 3 level above and below me.
    > Just a thought
  • Options
    Marc1989Marc1989 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Hehe i have 12,6k Gs.
    And today i play agains a player with 700 Gs :D Yes its unfair....
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    When you queue up to do PvP you are normally placed with other players around your level/GS. However if there are no other players in queue that are around your level/GS then it will find the next closest that is in queue, this leads you to sometimes being placed with players that are higher or lower than you in the level/GS.