Petition: DO NOT RAISE LEVEL CAP

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
So there were posts hinting about a new level cap in future updates and I'm highly against it for the following reasons:

-the amount of Gold coins it takes to upgrade skills. By the time you're level 50, you'll be juggling to upgrade skills that can easily reach 5 or 6 million. This is without the gear, which can easily take another 900k gold per godly. Now leveling up 5 or even 10 more levels only means that the skills will be more expensive. At 5 million now, it could easily go another 10 million adjusting to the new cap. F*** farming 15 million gold.

-speaking of godly (level 44 gold items found only in the high levels of endless), the droprates of those are substantially low. People can go 3-4+ months trying to find a full set in endless. Raise the cap level = new gear = more months of farming

-runes. At this point, most people have invested the rarest of runes into their godly gear (cause its the highest gear so why not?). A purple rune (from 4 blue) costs 100 gems to fuse and I believe a gold (3 purple) one costs 250. These runes are extremely hard to get since the fail rate is 99% (or it seems) from blue to purple. If you were to lucky enough to fuse to gold runes using coins, you'd spend probably almost half a million gold. This is disregarding fail rates.

Or spend a couple thousand gems on God of runes which, out of the 6 I've earned from tournaments, I received 6 blue. So no luck there.

In conclusion, all this would do is create an 8 month long extension on you farming the current sh*t you have now. Unless Glu adjusted prices and drop rate (which they probably wouldn't) you'd be seriously fcked in trying to cap.

Post against It and hopefully they have a sense and listen.

Comments

• AplzAplz Registered Users 44 Posts
    I'm just going to say, higher level gets a little stats bonus in Arena. You can do some comparison among the 51+ you are fighting with.
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Sorry thin but i want a lvl increase, new gear, more classes. Im getting more and more bored every day. Im sorry that your characters arent maxed out or close to it. But there are a Lot of us that are. And we want new content and new goals. With pvp pretty much a joke, lotus tower being a big huge fail, new stages not worth the effort and 4000 times in tower of heroes we need more. No game would be successful in the long run without new goals and improvements. If there was no chance of lvl cap increase, new gear or stages many many people would just quit and find something new to play once they have done it all. Not a good business plan.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Rentoc wrote: »
    Sorry thin but i want a lvl increase, new gear, more classes. Im getting more and more bored every day. Im sorry that your characters arent maxed out or close to it. But there are a Lot of us that are. And we want new content and new goals. With pvp pretty much a joke, lotus tower being a big huge fail, new stages not worth the effort and 4000 times in tower of heroes we need more. No game would be successful in the long run without new goals and improvements. If there was no chance of lvl cap increase, new gear or stages many many people would just quit and find something new to play once they have done it all. Not a good business plan.

Yes, but have you seen what happened before?

Every time they introduce new content, every just gets madder and madder.

I'd rather be bored than be filled with hate.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
    Yes, but have you seen what happened before?

Every time they introduce new content, every just gets madder and madder.

I'd rather be bored than be filled with hate.
    that makes no sense at all. Youd rather be bored playing a game? When i get bored i just play another game. Which i have done. Im sure youve noticed im rarely on now. Mainly just to contribute to guild vp. But even that i am slacking on. And i wont say that i hate what they have added just been dissapointed in the tweaks that they keep making. I was having a blast in pvp until this stupid rebalancing, initially i was dissapointed in spirit bridge but the more i played the better it made me and it was a nice challenge. Just wished it lasted longer. Even the new stages were ok until they screwed with spider queen, the drops may have been garbage but dont most of the stages have **** drops until either the stage before a boss or the boss stage itself?

As for the offerings, drop rates, and overall p2w business plan i am slowly just accepting this will never ever change. If you cant accept that id just find a new game to play. I still hold onto the hope that things will improve as far as lvl increase, new equipment and more stages. If i didnt id just stop playing. As much as you talk about hating this game and all they are doing, i really have no idea why you play anymore. And now your saying you dont want anything added, you want things just to stay the exact way you hate them. That just makes no sense to me.
  • FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Ok, here's my thoughts. I have a level 50 monk, no godly gear. A level 50 warrior that after 2 months of farming endless has half godly gear, and a level 52 mage with full godly that took 5 months to get. Now I am on the fence about raising the level cap and adding new gear. First off, look at the 2 stages of the ice cavern. They aren't easy by any means and they have a lot of stages to add before an end boss. I assume the new gear would only drop from the end boss. If you have probs with the ice archer, imagine the difficulty of the end boss. Are we going to need full gold ice resist runes and full gold fire runes and a ton of pots to farm that for new gear? If they increase the level cap, then my suggestion is to charge gold, not gems, to switch runes, and increase the drop rate of godly gear in endless. Players don't want to spend a year farming for full godly for all three characters. On ios I would say less than 8% of the players have full godly for all three characters and maybe half of those bought their gear. I have no problems with that, but not all of us can afford to buy gems. I would also suggest decreasing the amount of gems needed to fuse runes since the failure rate is horrendous.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • JaxMJaxM Registered Users 83 Posts
    I agree that they shouldn't introduce higher tier items anymore. I've already invested heavily with the gold and purple runes in my gear, knowing that the godly set is the highest gear available. I can't stand to do it again with a higher level gear. That would make me quit the game.

Now if they allow removal of runes with gold instead of gems, that's a different story.
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    As I said in another thread:

- I would love more high end content since I'm growing more and more bored of the current state of the game
    - HOWEVER, given that all the major updates have been terrible (4th kingdom, lotus tower, "PvP"), I'm scared to see how bad such a massive update would be.
    - Big downside as well: the substantial increase in p2w features, which might overtake the game completely.

Ups and downs, but your arguments are, IMO, not good enough to justify blocking the game in its current state.

- Gold: New quests/maps will counter that the same way going from normal mode to legendary did. Plus, it's a farming game, no surprise here.
    - Gear: Sure, godly was a pain to finish, but as stated above, it's a farming game and there is nothing to prove that a new tier would only be acquired through endless.. It might just come from the new boss like unbreakable from HB.
    - Runes: Runes make glu money, I'll leave it at that.
  • JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    I'm not in favor of new & higher tier gears. there's no need for it also. ice kingdom should be sufficient with tier 8 gears + runes, similar to Oni. Purple runes are not that difficult to get for free now, just a bit tougher to get the exact type you want.

I don't see the logic of introducing higher tier gears as this will never end. some players will keep on crying for new gears once they are bored. the dev team should focus on developing "end-game" content. any new gears should just be skin change only.

level cap is another story. either reset all to level 50 or raise to make it same for for everyone. highest I'd seen is level 62 currently.
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    I'm not in favor of new & higher tier gears. there's no need for it also. ice kingdom should be sufficient with tier 8 gears + runes, similar to Oni. Purple runes are not that difficult to get for free now, just a bit tougher to get the exact type you want.

I don't see the logic of introducing higher tier gears as this will never end. some players will keep on crying for new gears once they are bored. the dev team should focus on developing "end-game" content. any new gears should just be skin change only.

level cap is another story. either reset all to level 50 or raise to make it same for for everyone. highest I'd seen is level 62 currently.

In order to introduce new and more challenging content, both level cap increases AND new item tiers will need to be introduced. You will see both of these in the future.
    Moloch wrote: »
    In order to introduce new and more challenging content, both level cap increases AND new item tiers will need to be introduced. You will see both of these in the future.
    excellent. Wont even ask around when to expect. Just good to hear things will expand. Need a reason to play again.

So we can all farm for a new set of runes because we don't want to spend 400 gems to remove them from our godly armors?

Either you change the removing runes mechanic or we all quit the game.
  • SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    Yay I wont have to start playing warrior/monk now that my mage is near max.. More gears to collects >:3
    Jewelz
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    So we can all farm for a new set of runes because we don't want to spend 400 gems to remove them from our godly armors?

Either you change the removing runes mechanic or we all quit the game.

We get tons of free gems from pvp tournamnets and daily rewards enough to cover both thoose needs and the inventory expand needs and still you continue to whine? Stop threating and quit already... I´m sure some other game Community out there will be thrilled to have you onboard.
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    We get tons of free gems from pvp tournamnets and daily rewards enough to cover both thoose needs and the inventory expand needs and still you continue to whine? Stop threating and quit already... I´m sure some other game Community out there will be thrilled to have you onboard.

Honestly, i dont get why people wont shut up about PvP gems.

I've been ignoring that topic because if i talk about it, Glû will nerf PvP awards.

The more people complain, the less action Glû takes. That's why i complain.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    Raising the level cap only benefits glu, it does not benefit players atall, even if you think that its nore gameplay in reality its more gems more farming more and possibly different reagents, and ince you do that what you gonna do ask for another cap increase , in reality if tour charactera are all maxed youl only ever have something new to get for a short period of time
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Meh, I'd be much more in favor of a 4th hero. Make him a boss in PVP so he'd be worth leveling.
  • JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    if you haven't played glu games before, all the previous mmorpg style games have always had level cap increases after a large percentage of players reach an "endgame" status on one or more characters. As moloch said, to add new content you need new levels and gear. I cant seem to find godly boots right now but I don't really keep much of anything I find on my mage other than a few items just for tourneys. The tournament rewards for the top places are items I already have so there is no point in spending big bucks just to win a godly fort item I already have. What kind of content do you think they can add that would appease you without a level cap increase and new gear?

even if there are some harder levels, why waste the time on beating it if you cant get anything new? I am not gonna spend gems, pots, and revives to beat them for offerings or anything I can get elsewhere. Co-op would be nice but how long will people enjoy that if it is still the same gear. As I have also seen someone else post, it is a farming game....if you are tired of farming then go play candy crush saga.
  • The SaintThe Saint Registered Users 45 Posts
    JohnBoy12 wrote: »
    if you haven't played glu games before, all the previous mmorpg style games have always had level cap increases after a large percentage of players reach an "endgame" status on one or more characters. As moloch said, to add new content you need new levels and gear. I cant seem to find godly boots right now but I don't really keep much of anything I find on my mage other than a few items just for tourneys. The tournament rewards for the top places are items I already have so there is no point in spending big bucks just to win a godly fort item I already have. What kind of content do you think they can add that would appease you without a level cap increase and new gear?

even if there are some harder levels, why waste the time on beating it if you cant get anything new? I am not gonna spend gems, pots, and revives to beat them for offerings or anything I can get elsewhere. Co-op would be nice but how long will people enjoy that if it is still the same gear. As I have also seen someone else post, it is a farming game....if you are tired of farming then go play candy crush saga.

Candy crush saga,
    Lets check that out
  • InsomniackInsomniack Registered Users 13 Posts

If you want to increase the lvl cap then you need to massively increase the sell cost on all items. Fully evolved golds sell for sweet fk all. The cost of skills for the last few ranks and the cost to upgrade higher lvl items is becoming stupid. Greens upwards that drop from hellboy on wards need to be selling for atleast 10k per item with legendary and epic items selling for more. Update or not I've pretty much stopped playing because the boring grind to farm coins is making the game even more boring then it has become. I can recall the best time I had in this game and that was the original jade forest. Bring out farmable jade forest every 2-4 weeks with wings,pets and new weapon skins for example, atleast I'm farming for an item I want and not farming the same boring content for coins to blow on fusing which cost an arm and a leg.