Why is Mage Ice CD increased to 5 sec in PvP?

JonWayneJonWayne Experienced MemberRegistered Users 459 Posts
I just noticed this. And it's only in PvP. Normal map the Ice CD is still 3 sec.

Seriously Glu, is this what you call character balancing? Mage is the worse (max level) character to use in PvP now and you nerf her even further? Great job, we'll be seeing more Monk and Warrior in PvP from now on.
Prev1

Comments

  • nyjnnyjn Experienced Member Registered Users 151 Posts
    That's the reason I don't play mage in pvp anymore.

    Add the fact that blink was almost useless against smart players in the first place (getting out of it is way too easy), and you got a useless skill at higher ranks

    edit: I love how they just tried to sneak it in there like nobody was going to notice
  • KiKiXKiKiX New Member Registered Users 44 Posts
    Remember that First in pvp, all were scared of Mage; in time skills of players developed but a rebalance based just on First impresion of Many...is not exactly fair. Monks running...other s...t, now have increased power....& Warrior is Still the Most Played...

    Just my observations....
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Senior Member Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    They need to make monks dodge have a 10 second cooldown.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Advanced Member Registered Users 627 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    I just noticed this. And it's only in PvP. Normal map the Ice CD is still 3 sec.

    Seriously Glu, is this what you call character balancing? Mage is the worse (max level) character to use in PvP now and you nerf her even further? Great job, we'll be seeing more Monk and Warrior in PvP from now on.

    Well, to many noob * warrior/monks who don´t know how to properly use their character the right way whined here that the mage is to OP and Glu decided to listen to them once again and ruined the PvP experience. The same way they ruined the difficulty level of the general game by listening to the same whiners.

    The Mage was not OP in any way Glu! When two max geared and equaly talanted players meet then the mage is the character with most dissadvantage in PvP. If anything the monk needs higher cd on the dodge skill.
  • nyjnnyjn Experienced Member Registered Users 151 Posts
    Agreed on monk dodge CD. It's ridiculous that the character with the highest speed in the game (aka the easiest access to being a runny little ***) also has the lowest CD on an additional evade skill.

    I think they need to restore the old blink CD, up the dodge one, and add one (even a tiny one) on parry so that (some) wars figure out they're supposed to participate as well
  • FallenonyouFallenonyou Junior Member Registered Users 78 Posts
    The monk has no auto dodge or block passive his roll cd is just fine maybe you should time your attacks?
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Senior Member Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    The monk has no auto dodge or block passive his roll cd is just fine maybe you should time your attacks?

    You guys dont need auto roll. Every single time i get close to a monk, it rolls straight through me.

    You want us to time out parries and skills? There's a * load of lag in the arena. If youre a hit and run monk, then be lucky you dont see me in real life.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • ducvaderducvader Experienced Member Registered Users 204 Posts
    The monk has no auto dodge or block passive his roll cd is just fine maybe you should time your attacks?

    How about we just freaking make monks Vortex not stun and you can keep all that other ****? I don't mind dodging you just gotta corner that *****. With vortex not stunning like it should no worries we'll just rush his running little ***.
  • rewandrewand Advanced Member Registered Users 588 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    I just noticed this. And it's only in PvP. Normal map the Ice CD is still 3 sec.

    Seriously Glu, is this what you call character balancing? Mage is the worse (max level) character to use in PvP now and you nerf her even further? Great job, we'll be seeing more Monk and Warrior in PvP from now on.

    The reasons are simple.

    1. every mage player has also played Warrior or Monk thru normal mode and has some idea of how they play.
    2. Knowing the opponent gave mage an early in PvP leading to the impression that she is the strongest class.
    3. People complained about how unfair it was that a mage was beating them in PvP.
    4. Within the total pool of high-level heroes, Warrior and Monks are far more common than mages.
    5. More Warriors and monks == more voices of complaint about mages.

    In early PvP my mage won more often than not. Now I'm about 50/50 against mage and warrior. Perhaps 10/90 against monk. That is until you factor in all the "re-balancing". In my mind the ice CD should left alone but the monk roll should have its CD lengthened and the warrior parry should get a 1 sec CD.
  • MolochMoloch Experienced Member Registered Users 279 Posts
    In the pre-season, the mage had a substantial win advantage against both warriors and monks. As such, we rebalanced the mage skills to bring her pvp ability more in line with the monk and warrior. Once data comes in on Season 1, we will adjust again. Expect to see tweaks each season as we review the data and adjust accordingly.
  • BrutalBrutal Experienced Member Registered Users 251 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    Once data comes in on Season 1, we will adjust again. Expect to see tweaks each season as we review the data and adjust accordingly.

    I hope there's some way to account for laggers/modders. I really have no love for mages in general, but it would be a shame to see legit mages get nerfed due to the disproportionate number of cheaters they have amongst their ranks.

    Right now against Mage, I'm 16W and 33L (2 wins were lag fights and 17 losses were mod/lag fights). Monk is 8W and 8L, only one loss was to a modder. Against warrior, I'm 36W and 12L, 3 wins were lag fights, 1 loss to a lagger and 2 more to modders.

    Clearly, the mage is the morally inferior group. >.>


    (FYI for those that don't know what I mean by 'lagger', it's an opponent that can take many many many strikes to the face from a murdermaker-level weapon and shrug it off with little to no HP lost. There are multiple theories in how they do this, but be it intentional on their part or a bug in the game, the result is the same; they run around beating the snot out of you, and you can't land hits of your own. Might be specific to android. Any iOS folks see it?)
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
    Status: Uninstalled game and retired... gave up on Glu.
  • mohicanmohican Experienced Member Registered Users 326 Posts
    I dunno if they implemented this on android . But my cooldown for ice blink is still 3 seconds?
    its abit more balanced this time round imo, with warrior getting a significant buff.
    still, mage is the only one that has a chance against the modders who abuse no cooldown orbs.
    ;)
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Senior Member Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    nyjn wrote: »
    Agreed on monk dodge CD. It's ridiculous that the character with the highest speed in the game (aka the easiest access to being a runny little ***) also has the lowest CD on an additional evade skill.

    I think they need to restore the old blink CD, up the dodge one, and add one (even a tiny one) on parry so that (some) wars figure out they're supposed to participate as well

    I admit, some warriors are abusing parry. I once had a fight where I stood in one place and my opponent just stood there parrying for a WHOLE MINUTE. I was so sick of it. He even had to use a mana potion to recover all that lost mana, LOL.

    Funny thing, I ended up whooping his *** with one whirlwind cuz while he can really spam a button, it doesn't really help.

    As for the cooldown, though, it's ridiculous. It leaves warriors screwed. Monks and mages get out of danger with no problem with their skill, but if I'm parrying rage of vaj ra, and there's a cooldown, im screwed.

    There should be no CD on parry cuz parry is the most risky defensive skill in all of PvP. You may claim that "timing" is everything, but I say it's luck. Monks can just run straight through you. Mages can just freeze you. But warriors have to stay in the thick of the battle with no AOE attack and no stable defensive skill. And if there was a CD on parry, a ton of people would just flat out quit.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • JonWayneJonWayne Experienced Member Registered Users 459 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    In the pre-season, the mage had a substantial win advantage against both warriors and monks. As such, we rebalanced the mage skills to bring her pvp ability more in line with the monk and warrior. Once data comes in on Season 1, we will adjust again. Expect to see tweaks each season as we review the data and adjust accordingly.

    Can explain what is the substantial win advantage for Mage? Against a skillful Monks and Warrior, Mage has always been at a disadvantage. All the seasons, the top ranking players are either Monk or Warrior. So......
  • nyjnnyjn Experienced Member Registered Users 151 Posts
    I admit, some warriors are abusing parry. I once had a fight where I stood in one place and my opponent just stood there parrying for a WHOLE MINUTE. I was so sick of it. He even had to use a mana potion to recover all that lost mana, LOL.

    Funny thing, I ended up whooping his *** with one whirlwind cuz while he can really spam a button, it doesn't really help.

    As for the cooldown, though, it's ridiculous. It leaves warriors screwed. Monks and mages get out of danger with no problem with their skill, but if I'm parrying rage of vaj ra, and there's a cooldown, im screwed.

    There should be no CD on parry cuz parry is the most risky defensive skill in all of PvP. You may claim that "timing" is everything, but I say it's luck. Monks can just run straight through you. Mages can just freeze you. But warriors have to stay in the thick of the battle with no AOE attack and no stable defensive skill. And if there was a CD on parry, a ton of people would just flat out quit.


    Rage/ww now make it impossible to dodge or blink out anyways, so the CD wouldn't affect you too much in this regard

    And yeah, I've played a few warrios that just stood there hitting parry, the funny thing is that once I decided to take the advantage to force him to fight, he autoparried my stun and kept going like that in the middle..

    Ended up winning, but also ended up closing the game with 3 tokens remaining because that * ****es me off
  • MolochMoloch Experienced Member Registered Users 279 Posts
    Kill/death ratio. Top rank players are more that we are seeing a much larger population of warriors/monks do arena more often. The more often you player, the higher your potential AP.
  • mohicanmohican Experienced Member Registered Users 326 Posts
    Monks already rule mages with the normal 3 second cooldown. I can't imagine 5 seconds, compared to the monks dodge means mage is easy stunned with vortex and unable to escape the oncoming fists and rage of vajra for an easy kill.
    5 second cooldown for the slowest character in the game to escape annihilation is absurd.
    ;)
  • nyjnnyjn Experienced Member Registered Users 151 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    Monks already rule mages with the normal 3 second cooldown. I can't imagine 5 seconds, compared to the monks dodge means mage is easy stunned with vortex and unable to escape the oncoming fists and rage of vajra for an easy kill.
    5 second cooldown for the slowest character in the game to escape annihilation is absurd.

    Yeah especially since, after the update, you can't blink anymore if you get caught in ww/rage so that's pretty much an instant death..

    Now that blink has the same CD as dash, any war with half a brain will dominate mages, being able to blink away from dash saved my life more than once. 12k gs being one-shoted by someone doesn't make sense to me.
  • rewandrewand Advanced Member Registered Users 588 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    Can explain what is the substantial win advantage for Mage? Against a skillful Monks and Warrior, Mage has always been at a disadvantage. All the seasons, the top ranking players are either Monk or Warrior. So......

    I tend to agree. The ranged attack makes Mage ideal for mopping up riffraff but someone with skill can easily find the gaps in her game. A Mage can freeze an opponent and do serious damage but only if the opponent can't get away but Monk and Warrior can escape. Monk and Warrior can stun and pummel as well but the combination of slow foot speed, long defense cooldown and inability to blink out of a freeze mean Mage is trapped more often.
  • RentocRentoc Experienced Member Registered Users 286 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    Kill/death ratio. Top rank players are more that we are seeing a much larger population of warriors/monks do arena more often. The more often you player, the higher your potential AP.
    gathering all your data off of 1 season and making these rash changes in my opinion was a very poor move. Players were still getting the hang of characters and developing tactics, hackers, lag, runners, all of this plays into your data. You have made a well played warrior the undoubted king of pvp and mage just worthless now. Monk can go either way, a killer of mages or pretty much just a nuicance to warriors. Pretty much the only monks i see winning are the hit and run for two minute types. I had stopped playing pvp completely due to this extreme unbalance. I tried a couple matches with warrior earlier today just for the hell if it. And guess what, it wasnt even much if a challenge because he is so over powered now. I may keep playing pvp with warrior now but i am just so dissapointed in the whole pvp thing now.
  • BrutalBrutal Experienced Member Registered Users 251 Posts
    I posted my partial season earlier this thread, I crush most other warriors and legit mage fights are 50/50. I wouldn't say I'm the best warrior out there but I'm certainly not the worst. The 'good' mages have demolished me, I didn't have a prayer. So-so mage fights have gone either way.

    I'd be very interested in any high level data on how these tourneys played out. :)
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
    Status: Uninstalled game and retired... gave up on Glu.
  • JaxMJaxM Junior Member Registered Users 83 Posts
    They should reduce stun duration from vortex. Once you get caught, it's game over for mages. Also, why aren't monks affected by ice blink. They should at least slow down to normal pace.
  • mohicanmohican Experienced Member Registered Users 326 Posts
    JaxM wrote: »
    They should reduce stun duration from vortex. Once you get caught, it's game over for mages. Also, why aren't monks affected by ice blink. They should at least slow down to normal pace.

    It would be much fairer if monks couldn't escape freeze with roll the way mages cant escape stun vortex
    ;)
  • ghostrikeghostrike New Member Registered Users 24 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    It would be much fairer if monks couldn't escape freeze with roll the way mages cant escape stun vortex

    > I HAVE POSTED THIS ON OTHER SECTION. And im afraid with too many complaints, GLUU WILL NERF WRONGLY AND MAKE IT WORSE. IMO.....
    > Monks and warrior have stationary skills, if they cant DASH or DODGE on mages BLINK, they will be a sitting dock waiting to be killed by ORBS or mage spam all skills while on freeze mode.
    > I think they KEY is using the skill at the right time. Like PRO mages i have encountered, i can kill higher GS mage with my monk but there are times that lower GS Mage can kill me too. Same as warrior.
    > when i use mage, it applies also, one false move on using my blink and i die. BUT if i do it on the right time, ENEMY DIE.
    > I cant fully understand why everyone complain and find something to nerf so that their class will have an EDGE but well in fact, it depends on how and when you use your skills.
    >Remember, RUNES, LAGS ETC... also a factor. But like almost 80% are doing, HACKING or mODDING is the KEY to win! *** right?
  • JonWayneJonWayne Experienced Member Registered Users 459 Posts
    Maybe I should had stated that this thread is for iOS. Apparently mage on iOS and Androids are performing very differently in PvP.
  • mohicanmohican Experienced Member Registered Users 326 Posts
    ghostrike wrote: »
    > I HAVE POSTED THIS ON OTHER SECTION. And im afraid with too many complaints, GLUU WILL NERF WRONGLY AND MAKE IT WORSE. IMO.....
    > Monks and warrior have stationary skills, if they cant DASH or DODGE on mages BLINK, they will be a sitting dock waiting to be killed by ORBS or mage spam all skills while on freeze mode.
    > I think they KEY is using the skill at the right time. Like PRO mages i have encountered, i can kill higher GS mage with my monk but there are times that lower GS Mage can kill me too. Same as warrior.
    > when i use mage, it applies also, one false move on using my blink and i die. BUT if i do it on the right time, ENEMY DIE.
    > I cant fully understand why everyone complain and find something to nerf so that their class will have an EDGE but well in fact, it depends on how and when you use your skills.
    >Remember, RUNES, LAGS ETC... also a factor. But like almost 80% are doing, HACKING or mODDING is the KEY to win! *** right?

    You do realize that when you get stunned by monk vortex you cant do anything except hope that the ensuing fists and rage of vaj ra doesnt crit and take you from full health to 0. Freeze u can escape from but even then orbs and even lasers arent one hitting any complete character critical hits or not.

    the whole point of changes to characters is to BALANCE the arena. What glu did to mage in ios has placed the 'have to unlock' character at the bottom to be trodden on by monk and warrior.

    If you play in android and look at how monks can easily pulverize mages (even with 3 second cooldown) and how much damage you take from a warriors dash then you will understand the frustrations ios players are facing.
    ;)
  • JonWayneJonWayne Experienced Member Registered Users 459 Posts
    ghostrike wrote: »
    > I HAVE POSTED THIS ON OTHER SECTION. And im afraid with too many complaints, GLUU WILL NERF WRONGLY AND MAKE IT WORSE. IMO.....
    > Monks and warrior have stationary skills, if they cant DASH or DODGE on mages BLINK, they will be a sitting dock waiting to be killed by ORBS or mage spam all skills while on freeze mode.
    > I think they KEY is using the skill at the right time. Like PRO mages i have encountered, i can kill higher GS mage with my monk but there are times that lower GS Mage can kill me too. Same as warrior.
    > when i use mage, it applies also, one false move on using my blink and i die. BUT if i do it on the right time, ENEMY DIE.
    > I cant fully understand why everyone complain and find something to nerf so that their class will have an EDGE but well in fact, it depends on how and when you use your skills.
    >Remember, RUNES, LAGS ETC... also a factor. But like almost 80% are doing, HACKING or mODDING is the KEY to win! *** right?

    So in other words, if Glu nerf any class, no one should complain since it's all depends on how well the player plays his class. Glu is already nerfing the wrong class, so i dun expect them to do anything good, seriously.

    Glu, just simply deciding which class to nerf or buff base on kill/death ratio is not a good approach. Solve the arena issues first before you nerf or buff any class. Players exploiting lag, disconnection, etc etc. and ofc hackers. Now players r drinking potions like water. When u solved this, when most players wont spend on potions, then you'll see different result.
  • ghostrikeghostrike New Member Registered Users 24 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    You do realize that when you get stunned by monk vortex you cant do anything except hope that the ensuing fists and rage of vaj ra doesnt crit and take you from full health to 0. Freeze u can escape from but even then orbs and even lasers arent one hitting any complete character critical hits or not.

    the whole point of changes to characters is to BALANCE the arena. What glu did to mage in ios has placed the 'have to unlock' character at the bottom to be trodden on by monk and warrior.

    If you play in android and look at how monks can easily pulverize mages (even with 3 second cooldown) and how much damage you take from a warriors dash then you will understand the frustrations ios players are facing.

    Just my opinion;
    MAGE= Long range with multiple orbs as normal attack = high chance to hit
    - IF VORTEX CAUGHT THE MAGE, but good mages knows how to avoid. Dont you think that only mages have something to avoid. Monks too have skills and situations to avoid.- Blink,anticipate monks dash distance,run out of range of vortex, normal attack will cancel monks skills. I cant explain why, but there are good mages out there that can maximize their skills. Whatever happens, i always encountered good mages that knows their distance. When and how to use their skills, and what skill to use in every skill MONKS use. JUST AN OBSERVATION.
  • ghostrikeghostrike New Member Registered Users 24 Posts
    yeah, thats my thought. FIXED everything first, HACKERS/MODDERS, PVP MISMATCHING, LAG ISSUES,DISCONNECTION.
    > If all are settled, then they can record their datas properly. By then, any changes they made, wherein datas are correct, then
    NERFING or BOOSTING is now legit.
    > Im just trying to say, with all these inaccurate DATA, complaints against each class, will make everything worse because of inaccurate data gathered.
    >And btw,this new season, There are still multi- ORBS MAGES! SPAM VAJRA MONKS! and im waiting for DASHER WARRIOR. Sighs!
  • nyjnnyjn Experienced Member Registered Users 151 Posts
    You're forgetting the lag. Blinking where you want to blink is close to impossible, and anticipating where people blink/dash is hard as well since they end up at the other end of the arena half the time.

    A good mage can avoid a mediocre monk's vortex, since they are easy to avoid. However, a decent monk can easily draw a blink out of a mage and, guess what? Blink now has 5sec CD, dodge has 1.5, the minute that blink got used getting stunned is almost inevitable.

    The range&orb argument is a joke, ranged attack is easy to avoid, and people can just wait out of orbs range until it dissipates to even move.

    Also, since the defense on mage is so low, you can get one shotted by dash and 90% of monks I fight just try to get one crit then run in circles



    (hope this kinda made sense, just woke up lol)
Sign In or Register to comment.