Report offensive player names and guild names here

I don't think there is a thread yet to report offensive player names and guild names, so Im going to start one here...

Please report offensive player or guild names here and say what system you are on, android or ios.

Admin - can you please comment on this thread and each post in this thread if you are able to do anything about it or not.

Comments

• harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Android - guild name - bullies

This name is offensive to me.

I feel very strongly about people who bully others. Really this guild should be renamed at the very least.

I'm baffled as to why people would create such a guild, or why anybody would join such a guild. Are you saying you support bullies?? That is total nonsense.

Watch this clip of Ellen talking about it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6RDpOGqeCg
    She says kids by nature wont bully, they have to learn it from somewhere. Other kids or their parents or somewhere.

I really think this is something every person should take a strong stand on, it is about protecting other people on this planet.
    Well I am pretty amazed that not one player has been offended by any player or guild name, ios or android.
  • ducvaderducvader Registered Users 204 Posts
    If a guild was to have a name called GayPride or WeLoveBungholes or KidslikePopsicles etc... who cares dude. Bullies or whatever is just a name - a word - or whatever it is. You don't see the guild members going out there and punking other people for money do you? The ACT is the part that should be dealt with. This is a game and people can name their guilds whatever they want.
  • BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    I thought you were going to go with names that are avoiding any filter's glu has in place, I've seen some inventive ones that probably should be wiped out.

Your first example probably illustrates where this thread is doomed to fail. You don't like the word bullies and want to ban it. You are likely in the minority there.

Someone else won't like Brutal, because 'that's just mean and why can't we all just get along..." Perhaps rename me to Gentle, and I'll hold hands with folks in pvp instead of hacking them to death with my sword - lovingly named Murdermaker.

Even others won't like Harry Potter because it was clearly violates their impression of trademark/copyright laws. 'omg, we might get sued, better ban it just to be safe!'

My guess is most people would like to see less outright vulgarity in names, but unless they add a 'Report Name' feature ingame, I doubt much will be done there either. I've seen mods modify user's posts in here when they avoid filters, so there's no real way to even report them on the forum... unless one thread gets to descend into relative madness...

My vote is: Meh, not worth it.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    We got a guild here on iOS called Pinoy****Glu. It's really fun to look at it on leaderboards.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yup sorry ive really got nothing for this type of thread. While i may find some names shocking and i question whether they should be permitted in society at the end of the day its just words. Im so sick of the bleeding heart pieces of **** being offended by anything these days. Get over it. Im scared to death to say anything at work these days because you never know what kind of **** will set someone off.

Me - i like cars
    Dîck - i dont like cars. My grandpa was hit by one
    Supervisor - rentoc your fired
    Me - well.........****

If you dont like something just ignore it. Dont listen to it. Turn it off the tv channel. Just mind your own fing business.
    Rentoc wrote: »
    Me - i like cars
    Dîck - i dont like cars. My grandpa was hit by one
    Supervisor - rentoc your fired
    Me - well.........****

Good lord... love the illustration, hah!
    It is strange I am by myself in the dislike of bullies. I think everyone who posted here not caring about them would probably walk past a girl being beaten up by a guy. Well I'm not sorry but I'm different.

How would you feel if you were a girl playing and a guy had rapist as a name. You may not take offense to it but think of other people.

Words are not just words, words have meanings and power. If you don't know that try to educate yourself.

Rentoc, that post you made is not really worth replying to at all it is so removed from reality. Trust me, my work is extremely hard an PC and offensive people, that would never happen there in 1,000 years.
  • FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    I am so sick and tired of these politically correct liberal morons. They are the reason for the decline of western civilization.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • MalvicMalvic Registered Users 54 Posts
    Words only have meaning and power if you as an individual give it meaning and power. I am female and will tell you, it wouldn't bother me if someone ran around with the name rapist.

There are some very awesome igns out there, a few very creative in my own guild...doesn't bother me. ;)
    Guildleader of <Toxicity>
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    It is strange I am by myself in the dislike of bullies. I think everyone who posted here not caring about them would probably walk past a girl being beaten up by a guy. Well I'm not sorry but I'm different.

How would you feel if you were a girl playing and a guy had rapist as a name. You may not take offense to it but think of other people.

Words are not just words, words have meanings and power. If you don't know that try to educate yourself.

Rentoc, that post you made is not really worth replying to at all it is so removed from reality. Trust me, my work is extremely hard an PC and offensive people, that would never happen there in 1,000 years.
    if i had to think about other people every time i opened my mouth id just be mute. Everything out there offends someone. You need to grow a thicker skin buddy. And having a name bully or rapist is completely different than the act itself. I know the difference and if i saw a woman being abused i would step in and rip out the ****ers throat. But i would step in if i saw ANYONE being abused, not just a woman. Once again this is not the same as someone saying something that offends you, get over it and move on with your life. An act is completely different.

And about the work thing. It is not that far removed from reality. Here at my job which i wont mention of course we had a guy that was finally retiring after 30 years with the company. Guys being guys we threw him a lil party in his last week here. Someone had thrown a dîldo in his desk drawer for laughs. A woman that wasnt even part of the celebration walked by and laughed. The next day the guy was called in the office and was told that he offended the woman that had walked by. Nothing he said could fix it. Wasnt even his dîldo. He was fired and lost his retirement benefits. Thats the kind of **** im talking about. That ***** ruined the rest of his life because she was offended by something she saw for 3 seconds and could have just ignored. Is that fair? No, its bullshît.
  • guacamoleguacamole Registered Users 26 Posts

I find it possible to dislike bullies in real life but to allow for it in a game that is purposefully violent and has as a major goal the KILLING OF OTHER PLAYERS.
  • FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    The problem with American society today is the liberal politically correct nazis. 95% of society has to watch what we say so we don't offend the other 5%. Some groups say they want equality, but then constantly play the race card. Thanks to these liberal ideas and agendas, that rapist Harry was talking about has more rights than his victim. If you stop him from raping the woman and hurt him, you will do more jail time than the rapist. If someone breaks into your home and cuts the self on the window they broke, you get sued. Its ridiculous. Let me give you an example of how PC has gone way too far. This is a convo I had in town chat but I won't list the player names.
    Player 1: who's needs a guild?
    Player 2: I do
    Player 1: are you black?
    Player 2: no
    Player 1: of because my guild only accepts black people.
    Me: so what if I make a guild for only white people, or Asian people?
    Player 1: what? No, that's racist.
    Me: so making a guild for only black people isnt racist?
    Player 1: no, because I'm black.

This is the equality that the PC nazis want. If it offends them, it must be banned, but if it doesn't offend them then it's ok. Facts mean nothing to these liberal PC nazis. It's a hypocritical double standard. That's all the PC agenda is, double standards to force division in society. Look at the terms. African American, Latino American, Asian American. First off, if I say white American, its racist, and secondly, if you are born here, you are an American, regardless of race creed color etc. so why must the PC nazis label everyone? Thanks to them, everyone has to watch what they say, so as not to offend others, and if you offend another, the lawsuits are endless. Thanks to them, common sense is a thing of the past. You can't offend anyone, but if you are a white straight male, then everyone can offend you with no repercussions. These are not racist remarks, this the truth. If I tell a woman that she looks beautiful today, that's sexual harrassment? If I say I don't agree with the LGBT lifestyle, then that offends them, but if a LGBT person says they hate straight people, that's socially acceptable and they are applauded. The double standards have to stop. Equality is not raising up one group of people or suppressing another. The PC nazis have taught society that it's ok to do that. It needs to stop.
    Guild leader of Marauders
    It actually has nothing at all to do with political correctness (at least the point I was trying to make). I still find some names offensive and some guild names offensive.
  • jleonrajleonra Registered Users 20 Posts
    3579462+_a7adf45c8689d378fdf24fd9950ad9b6.jpg
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I agree with Rentoc. If something's offensive, just ignore it. Hell, I'm Asian and you can throw any stereotyping ******** at my face, and I'll come up with something to hit you right back. I don't support racism, but I don't care much for the problem. There are blacks at my school who will say "*****" every freaking ten seconds, but whenever someone else says it, they'll all go "RACIST!" It's sad, pathetic, and thus, I ignore it.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
    jleonra wrote: »
    3579462+_a7adf45c8689d378fdf24fd9950ad9b6.jpg

That is true and I agree with it to an extent. About the only thing I don't agree with is bullying others and being very offensive to others when they don't have a choice to ignore you or not.

In a game situation you can ignore people but you cant block your screen from them appearing on screen.

If you think you are not free on the internet consider yourself lucky not to live in China where even facebook is banned.
    About the only thing I don't agree with is bullying others and being very offensive to others when they don't have a choice to ignore you or not.

So you are cool with being moderately offensive when there is no ignore feature, or being a complete asshat if there is? >.>
  • BUNO2BUNO2 Registered Users 77 Posts
    Hi i would like to report an offensive player that sends you private messages offending you

(again i cant find de attach button to send images is there any e mail address where i can send some?)

well that player is katsuo15 like someone else said in this thread in the public chat what you can do is to ignore those kind of people but when they send you private messages that's wrong we do have images of him sending private messages only to insult people.

In our guild there's an 8 year old player named hugomoreno and also in our guild his father is a member, mostoso, so his father was the one that told me about this problem that hugo also received private messages from katsuo15 offending him, obviously hugo and mostoso play at the same time

all of us hope that you gl.u people do something about this like i said above in the public chat you just ignore them but when they send you this kind of private messages that's not right

ps excuse my english i haven't practiced to much lately lol
    IT SEEMS THAT ANY OF THE ADMINS WATCH THIS THREAD BUT ANYWAY I'LL POST AGAIN ABOUT KATSUO15 BUT NOW I KNOW HOW TO ATTACH IMAGES HERE :)

[img][/img]KATSUO1.jpg

GREAT IT WORKED LOL

SO PLEASE ADMIN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS LIKE I SAID IT BEFORE THERE'S A LOT OF OFFENSIVE PLAYERS ON THE GLOBAL CHAT BUT WHEN SOMEONE SEND YOU OFFENSIVE PRIVATE MESSAGES THAT'S NOT RIGHT
    [img][/img]KATSUO2.jpg

[img][/img]KATSUO3.jpg
    [img][/img]KATSUO4.jpg
  • AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts

Do you know what I take OFFENSE to Harry Potter? You coming on here and telling US what we would and would not do in a REAL WORLD situation based on a GAME. I served 10 years in the United States Army and I'll be DAMMED if I walk by someone getting beat up without stopping to help. What you don't understand is that the sheer sake of their name, of ANY game name is to either be funny, intimidating, stupid, personal, or general. Most fall into that category and honestly, bullies is one of the least offensive. You gonna say something about the NYMPHOS? Our guild's name is clearly meant to AMUSE people, not offend. Please stop being so soft skinned in a game which promotes violence and bloodshed, a game which I might point out, you play.

This public service announcement has been approved by NYMPHOS everywhere. Thank you, that is all.
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • TomekchanTomekchan Registered Users 5 Posts

This post made my day!! Apples and oranges mate...
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    On android has anyone seen the guilds "SuckMy*" and " GluLuvsMy*" ? :o
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    bigBrules wrote: »
    On android has anyone seen the guilds "SuckMyAss" and " GluLuvsMyDik" ? :o

****, need to join that second one..

Let me guess, Glu will take care of the 2nd guild way faster than they take care with cheaters? :)
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    I hope you guys realize this post was started as a joke.. Lmfao
    Jewelz