Options

PVP is a * joke.

JakeFJakeF Registered Users 62 Posts
* runners. Kill them with fire and torture them in front of their mothers. I hate * that run and don't fight. Boot them from the game at the very least. Little * *. Murder them in their sleep.

Comments

• Options
    MooslesMoosles Registered Users 35 Posts
    JakeF wrote: »
    * runners. Kill them with fire and torture them in front of their mothers. I hate * that run and don't fight. Boot them from the game at the very least. Little * *. Murder them in their sleep.

I hear what you're saying.. but can you tell us how you really feel?
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    This guy reminds me of me back when i still cared about this game.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Moosles wrote: »
    I hear what you're saying.. but can you tell us how you really feel?

To be quite honest I'm losing touch with the game. And from other threads around me, I'm far from being the only one who's become disenchanted with EW3. They care too much about the p2w players to give a * (oops, almost forgot to sensor that) about the other 95% of players out there.

"Let's allow mana potions in PVP"

"Why?"

"Because it'll give the rich players an advantage, duh!"
  • Options
    Yeah, you sound just like me. We could be twins.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    See I was smart and saved my mana potions from the very beginning, even when I didn't need them. I have 90 mana potions.

But I get your point.
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    Ok, so I just lost to a * coward mage and to a cheater. PVP me gusta.

Btw. Just to remind - * Glu.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    bryblun wrote: »
    Ok, so I just lost to a * coward mage and to a cheater. PVP me gusta.

Btw. Just to remind - * Glu.

I suppose a non-cowardly mage is one who pits her disadvantages against your advantages. One who closes for a "fair" hand-to-hand fight. Ha!

You have footspeed, + roll/dash and you can use it to close the gap. She has to stop to attack, is gimpy, and has a long recharge count on her defense skill. Don't expect her to take the strategy that "the best defense is a good offense".
  • Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    They care too much about the p2w players to give a * (oops, almost forgot to sensor that) about the other 95% of players out there.

"Let's allow mana potions in PVP"

"Why?"

"Because it'll give the rich players an advantage, duh!"

Also, if what I heard about rank 0 not losing any stars when you lose a match then pvp truly is just a p2w scam! Deepest pockets will win overall every time!
  • Options
    What you've heard is true. So while we go down in stars, they don't. Guess what? That means the p2w players all get arena prizes.

The game isn't a scam in any way, shape or form, as we are all aware that we don't have to spend any money, and we are all aware that players with big bankrolls will do better.

What is problematic, is that PVP matchups are unfair, so all your standard players get their butt handed to them by the players that have spent $200 on gear and runes. Furthermore, all the best tournament prizes (ie gold/rune offerings) only go to the top 500. Thus making it extremely difficult to reach that higher tier without either paying, or putting 16 hours a day into the tournament.

There is an inherent and subtle, or blatantly obvious, advantage to rich people no matter what aspect of life you're comparing. And the game is considered 'freemium'. It's just annoying that Glu has got a bit too greedy for its own good and introduces new gameplay features with the main focus being how much money it can make, rather than how enjoyable it will be for players.
  • Options
    Forget 200 bucks.

I know players that have spent tens of thousands.
  • Options
    Forget 200 bucks.

I know players that have spent tens of thousands.

What on earth for? Ten thousand dollars could buy a car, or entry to the World Series of poker, yet they'd rather spend it on a few numbers and pixels on a screen? Ridiculous
  • Options
    What on earth for? Ten thousand dollars could buy a car, or entry to the World Series of poker, yet they'd rather spend it on a few numbers and pixels on a screen? Ridiculous

TENS of thousands. Note the plural.

They buy the PvP gear, they spend as much money as possible in the pay to win offering tournament to get first, whenever an event comes out, they're first to buy all the gear from the offerings for all three characters....

Especially all the gold runes and godly pvp gear now. Ugh. That oughta clean you for for a couple thousand bucks. But hey, who am I to judge?
  • Options
    You have to reach the ethereal plane of stupidity to spend tens of thousands. Who the hell has that money anyway? I could pay a good sum of college with that...
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Craigster wrote: »
    Also, if what I heard about rank 0 not losing any stars when you lose a match then pvp truly is just a p2w scam! Deepest pockets will win overall every time!

I like most aspects of PvP but this, not loosing stars at rank 0 is just plain stupid. I don´t mind that a paying player gets tickets and do more fights and therefor get the advantage if he is good enought, cause yes Glu has to get money somehow and thats still a fair alternative for other players. But to not loose stars when loosing a match is plain stupid cause this way its not the best players on top but the most paying ones as you say. They can do 100 runs and even if they only win 1/3 they still climp up 33 stars.
    In the past few tournaments I have just keept on climbing from start to end of the tournaments using the free 5 runs all the time and just barely managed to get to Top 10-40. I´ve fought and even beaten the top 3 players a few times but that doesnt matter at all since they still keep on collecting the stars like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully this is something Glu takes into consideration of switching since this really ruins the point of having a ladder to climb.
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Now, it's not just runners that are cowardly. Players are now exiting the match if you kill them once, or if you do more damage to them, they exit the match. Yeah, you win the match but get much less ap, which is why they exit.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    The one thing that bugs me is the combination of lag and the fact that mage pretty much gets one shot by all other classes if caught once..

War: dash+ww = can't blink, dead.
    Monk: we all know the stun combo that can one shot a war, imagine with less defense..

And then they run....

Without the lag avoiding those would be feasible, but when the guy just appears next to you there's not much you can do.
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    3v7a2y.jpg
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    nyjn wrote: »
    The one thing that bugs me is the combination of lag and the fact that mage pretty much gets one shot by all other classes if caught once..

War: dash+ww = can't blink, dead.
    Monk: we all know the stun combo that can one shot a war, imagine with less defense..

And then they run....

Without the lag avoiding those would be feasible, but when the guy just appears next to you there's not much you can do.

Lag sometimes I can deal with, mage, blinking out of vaj'ra is kinda crazy though. Idk if it's a bug or has to do with lag, but that doesn't seem right, like with warriors WW, if you're getting hit like that you shouldn't be able to blink/dodge/whatever unless they mess up.
    Back to the topic, this no cooldown on skills is the worst. I just say F it and leave.
  • Options
    Problem with Vaj'Ra and Whirlwind is that if you get caught in it, your only chance of getting out is the 13-15% passive ice shield skill.
  • Options
    revit wrote: »
    Lag sometimes I can deal with, mage, blinking out of vaj'ra is kinda crazy though. Idk if it's a bug or has to do with lag, but that doesn't seem right, like with warriors WW, if you're getting hit like that you shouldn't be able to blink/dodge/whatever unless they mess up.
    Back to the topic, this no cooldown on skills is the worst. I just say F it and leave.

As ThinIce said, the only way out of ww/rage is the passive blink, and it's the same with warrior and passive parry.
  • Options
    As ThinIce said, the only way out of ww/rage is the passive blink, and it's the same with warrior and passive parry.

No. When warrior is stunned by vortex, it is impossible to run out. You're forced to take in the fists, and the raje of vajra, and then you die. then the monk runs around for two and a half minutes, and lags his way out of all whirlwinds and dashes, and then I throw my beautiful 5s at the wall and refuse to pay any more money.

Speaking of which, for my birthday, I decided to buy a riot points card in League of Legends. Nothing big, just five or ten bucks. But that money will bring me farther in LoL then 100 bucks will in EW3. This game is sad, and god, i only play it cuz i put way too much time into it before.
  • Options
    No. When warrior is stunned by vortex, it is impossible to run out. You're forced to take in the fists, and the raje of vajra, and then you die. then the monk runs around for two and a half minutes, and lags his way out of all whirlwinds and dashes, and then I throw my beautiful 5s at the wall and refuse to pay any more money.

Speaking of which, for my birthday, I decided to buy a riot points card in League of Legends. Nothing big, just five or ten bucks. But that money will bring me farther in LoL then 100 bucks will in EW3. This game is sad, and god, i only play it cuz i put way too much time into it before.

Wasn't talking about vortex obviously, just rage or ww on their own.

Vortex being the only non-targeted (lag) full stun in the game is kind of a joke as well IMO.
  • Options
    Wasn't talking about vortex obviously, just rage or ww on their own.

Vortex being the only non-targeted (lag) full stun in the game is kind of a joke as well IMO.

Vajra is also full stun, I think. I've never been able to auto parry it.

You can auto blink out of whirlwind, but only if the whirlwind does not connect. Basically, mage's auto blink thinks that the whirlwind is an attack, but unless you are right in front of it, then it does not work as a damaging attack. But if you are in front of a mage and use whirlwind and they're stunned, you get all hits off, no problem.

Well, this has been my experience. I may be wrong, but this is what I've seen.
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    I hate these pvp cheaters. Runners suck, the disconnect statues suck and these idiots that refuse to get up when you kill them suck. I fought this guy HacTongPho or something close to that, and I killed him. He refused to get up. He had no kill on me, my flag was saying that I was winning. For a minute and 15 seconds he just layed there. He won the match. ***!! I killed him and he didn't kill me at all but he won the match by laying on the ground???? Pvp is a serious joke.
    Guild leader of Marauders