Options

Arena bolster

ZabulonZabulon Registered Users 25 Posts
To even out arena matches, if people are matched against players with a big GS difference, why not bolster the guys gear to match.

I find squashing some poor guy with 1k or more GS below me not great at all, Infact it will probably damage the games future if people get smashed and put off.

I am sure all the naysayers who want ezmode will cry *** I farmed this gear spent money etc *** shouldn't I crush some lowbie.

I for one would rather have an enjoyable well matched arena bout then a one sided roflstomp.

Comments

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Zabulon wrote: »
    To even out arena matches, if people are matched against players with a big GS difference, why not bolster the guys gear to match.

I find squashing some poor guy with 1k or more GS below me not great at all, Infact it will probably damage the games future if people get smashed and put off.

I am sure all the naysayers who want ezmode will cry *** I farmed this gear spent money etc *** shouldn't I crush some lowbie.

I for one would rather have an enjoyable well matched arena bout then a one sided roflstomp.

Like adding sandbags to the light jockey's saddle. Sounds good if the point is to test skill and skill alone but extend the idea out a bit. Why not fight with exactly the same gear and stats? Because that takes away the incentive to upgrade gear.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    There's no perfect way in playing pvp unless you get geared with full wondrous and godly gear. Until then you've got the underhand in the game.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    There's no perfect way in playing pvp unless you get geared with full wondrous and godly gear. Until then you've got the underhand in the game.

Wondrous is godawful. I fought a guy with purple PvP gear, and he got wrecked. One whirlwind and he went down.

The PvP gear had an affect on me, as well, but considering the fact that he got ruined so quickly, it's not worth it.

And I spent 400 battle tokens, and have received only one purple berserker talisman.

Glu is stingy as hell.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    I haven't found godly gauntlets but I do have a pvp wondrous one that is waiting to be fused in the next tournament. I've found a couple pvp berserker charms but I sold one.

But yes, a fully upped godly is ideal. Only pvp necklaces and rings are useful.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Three months for godly bracers/fortitude on warrior.

Two days for godly bracers/resolve on mage.

Luckily I did find godly bracers/resolve on warrior after around four months.

But god, endless, it's painful.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.