How do you beat Monk that runs and atk only when skills is charged?

PanZillaPanZilla Registered Users 49 Posts
With warrior, the only way for me to win is by running too
Don't use dash unless Monk is within skill distance and hopefully you get the first hit so you be the runner and monk be the chaser

However, if the monk lag then its almost unbeatable because they will all the sudden be next to you and stun you.

Any other ppl have successful way to beat a running monk, who atk only when skill is charge?

Comments

• griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    So you're basically saying that you run from every monk? LOL

I wait until the warriors dash is recharging before going in for attack. You can thank the “rebalance” for the even more passive monk fighters – A single dash can take 80-100% HP.
  • PanZillaPanZilla Registered Users 49 Posts
    griml0ck wrote: »
    So you're basically saying that you run from every monk? LOL

I wait until the warriors dash is recharging before going in for attack. You can thank the “rebalance” for the even more passive monk fighters – A single dash can take 80-100% HP.

how you going to dash a monk when they keep their distance?
    And if you dash to a open spot pretty much you gonna get stun...

I have played plenty of monks that just keep spam stun whenever a warrior trying to dash in.
    if the lag isn't that bad that you actually hit what you see instead of prediciting which directly and pre hit the area then I don't see problem beating a running monk...

just too many things can add up to give Monk a super advantage than other classes

anyway just checking to see if anyone have successful way to beat a monk..
    if not maybe the only way to win is join TEAM MONK lol
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I no longer even hate running monks. In fact, after losing seven straight battles to nooby warriors that spammed parry and lagged out of dashes, I'm thinking of joining this crew.

On the other hand, maybe I should just quit PvP for these next two days. I don't want to get so mad that I have to throw my phone at the wall....again.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    PanZilla wrote: »
    And if you dash to a open spot pretty much you gonna get stun...

I have played plenty of monks that just keep spam stun whenever a warrior trying to dash in.
    if the lag isn't that bad that you actually hit what you see instead of prediciting which directly and pre hit the area then I don't see problem beating a running monk...

just too many things can add up to give Monk a super advantage than other classes

anyway just checking to see if anyone have successful way to beat a monk..
    if not maybe the only way to win is join TEAM MONK lol

first off, dash goes right through the monks stun, the only way to get it successful is to dodge the dash and stun the warrior after... and it seems pretty easy to block after dashing and get the counterattack (if the monk is trying this move).
    I'm not too sure about this super advantage you're talking about unless you just mean running for 2 min. Maybe your dashes are just too predictable and off target.
    revit wrote: »
    first off, dash goes right through the monks stun, the only way to get it successful is to dodge the dash and stun the warrior after... and it seems pretty easy to block after dashing and get the counterattack (if the monk is trying this move).
    I'm not too sure about this super advantage you're talking about unless you just mean running for 2 min. Maybe your dashes are just too predictable and off target.

the monks I played if I use dash they will use Rage of Vaj and yes I tried block, use WW or single atk and quick block, nothing works.. I still get hit... not sure if it is because of lag but blocking somehow doesn't work for me

the advantage I talking about is you rarely can make any mistake when playing vs a monk..
    because all they do is run around spam Qi Vortex or VajRa, if you get hit by one of these skill, pretty much game over. some monks I can perry most the stuns atk but 80% of monk I cant, timing always off and end up getting stun and game over....

so instead chasing monk around, I let monk to chase me (if I got the first hit). So the stun atk is more predictable...
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts

Easy, monk fakes charge, warrior wastes dash, monk circles back and stuns warrior while he's usually trying to RUN AWAY!!

Seriously, you think it's fair that a warrior's dash cost very little mana, and does 80-100% damage while the monk pretty much has to do a 3 skill combo at the expense of ALL mana for the same damage!??
    griml0ck wrote: »
    Easy, monk fakes charge, warrior wastes dash, monk circles back and stuns warrior while he's usually trying to RUN AWAY!!

Seriously, you think it's fair that a warrior's dash cost very little mana, and does 80-100% damage while the monk pretty much has to do a 3 skill combo at the expense of ALL mana for the same damage!??

dash does 80-100% ?
    maybe happen once in a blue moon most time just tiny scratch or lag hit that does no damage
    Monk easy stun combo kill combo, run away for mana pot and recharge and repeat.

There is a reason why all top rank players are using Monks.
  • revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    dash does 80-100% ?
    maybe happen once in a blue moon most time just tiny scratch or lag hit that does no damage
    Monk easy stun combo kill combo, run away for mana pot and recharge and repeat.

There is a reason why all top rank players are using Monks.

you must be on IOS lol, the monk's lack of defense means a fully connected dash will take out more than half HP (assuming you have a good attack weapon) 80%+ for multiple crits. As a monk, you need pots since like Griml0ck said, the 3 skill combo takes all your mana. Also, rage has a really long cooldown for someone to be spamming it, between that and the pot cooldown, you should have plenty of time to take them out.