Options

My thoughts on PvP

VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
Disclaimer: these are only my opinions, and I do not claim to be the best PvP player in the world.

Ok so after playing PvP pretty extensively, these are some of my thoughts:

-Mages IN MY OPINION are WAY OP, at least vs Warrior. I am by no means the greatest PvP player, but I hardly EVER lose vs warrior OR monk, however if I win one out of 10 matches vs mage I'm lucky. I can parry almost all of their attacks; and I rarely fall victim to their sucker moves(orb, freeze, eruption), however my main concern is that I can NEVER hit them, or rather my hits NEVER do damage. Every time I parry an attack and send it back to them, or dash in, or anything, it will NEVER do damage. I have got 7 or 8 criticals in a row with no damage whatsoever. This is vs non-hacking mages I am talking about(I know the difference). I don't know why this is, but to me is the utmost frustrating thing about fighting mages.

-Given equal lvl/stats/GS, runes are VERY important. People with mostly purple/yellow runes are going to obliterate people with same level/gear with mostly blue and a few purple runes. Similar GS and play style, the person with the better runes will win the match. This plays more toward a pay to win model, I don't like it, but it is what it is for now I guess.

-Hit detection needs to be fixed, and playing vs a lagger is terrible, but this all goes without saying. As well as the fact that hackers are awful, and need to be taken out.

-I am still trying to figure out if they are trying to make PvP a rock, paper, scissors thing. Warrior strong vs Monk, Monk strong vs Mage, Mage strong vs warrior. I'm not sure, but it seems that it may be this way. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Anyway these are just some of my thoughts on PvP so far, thank you for reading if you did. I appreciate any thoughts feedback.

Vykus

Comments

• Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Are you on ios or android? My mage has a similar problem on ios. Every single hit that a warrior or monk does damages my mage, but my mage attacks do nothing to them. I've had monks and warriors walk up to my mage as I am firing my wand at them and hit me with me not doing a single hit point of damage. Ice blink is useless except to get out of the way, but with a 5 second cooldown, you can't use it much. You can't freeze a monk or warrior cause a monk rolls out of it and a warrior dashes out of it, or parrys it. Can't use the mage beam cause monk rolls out for no damage and warrior dashes out of it or parrys it for no damage. Eruption does very little damage and orb is the only real defense, but that gets parryed too. Soon as a warrior taps parry the mage freezes and won't move, so you can't get out of the way.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    FaraziFarazi Registered Users 31 Posts
    I completely agree with everything you posted, Vykus.

I can't get to mages, my only hope approaching them to melee range and turn back so they pop their freeze and then dash into them hoping it hits and land a few auto-attacks, and that's all I can do with mages.

Monks only run around and freeze, seven fists, roll. Rinse and repeat. I can't even land hits because they ALWAYS roll away whenever I TRY to get close, I always just rush to them, but they just run and wait for CD's to come up and then do their pathetic routine.

Also, whenever I land any sort of attack on the enemy, it doesn't hit, but when they land any attack on me, it ALWAYS hits. I hit the enemy in the face and nothing, the combo comes out in the top left corner, but no damage. When they get close and do anything, it always hits.

Arena is so frustrating, but I'm only doing it for the gems.
  • Options
    JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    better specify whether your comment is for Android or iOS. Mage is pathetic in iOS.

Damage not getting through is a common issue in PvP, not only for mage.
  • Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Registered hits not giving out damage is very common, almost all games. I have to aim a little to the front of where they are moving for a registered hit to do damage. Pretty annnoying, especially when youre up against the clock.
    ;)
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    This thread was for android. I have been re-testing this, and so far still holding true. It seems mages just do not take damage when they are hit much of the time. Grrrr, mages may suck on IOS but on android every top player is mages
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I find it best to just forget about rank unless you are paying to win like most losers.

Personally, i reach rank 6. Then i PvP for gems until 2500. Then i quit. By then im usually rank 9 just because i see no point in wasting my time and raising my blood pressure in this pathetic game. I only rage in league, because at least in that game its fun to PvP. Not just painful torture for some digital currency.

Now i want an update for the game that will scrèw everything up so that i can quit this game and still sleep at night.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.