Options

Runic defense against base attack

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
Does anyone know if normal attacks cause runic damage. For example does an enhanced lightning orb do less damage to someone with high Thunder defense?

If so what damage types do the various attacks and skills do?

Comments

• Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Was wondering this too. I know warrior skills are Blade barrage-fire, ww-lightning, dash-ice. So someone with high lightning resist would not take as much damage from ww if it hits? Or if I have high lightning resist would I take less damage from mage orb?
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Was wondering this too. I know warrior skills are Blade barrage-fire, ww-lightning, dash-ice. So someone with high lightning resist would not take as much damage from ww if it hits? Or if I have high lightning resist would I take less damage from mage orb?

You know that warrior skills are fire, lightning, ice or you are wondering this? If you know, how do you know?
  • Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Warrior:
    Whirlwind - lightning
    Dash - ice
    Barrage - fire
    Parry/Shield - ?

Mage:
    Eruption - fire
    Orb - lightning
    Laser - fire
    Ice blink - ice

Monk:
    Fists - ice
    Vortex - lightning
    Vajra - fire
    Roll - gay

you can confirm the different types by trying hellboy and nian with and without 1 element type rune (damage) and use ur skills. Note the normal damage done with the skill u test and then put on the element (eg. Lightning rune and use whirlwind) and you will see that there is an increase in damage only with that element.
    As against other players, im assuming the extra damage from runes is taken from the difference between resist of the defender and attack of the attacker. Probably decreased damage if total resist for certain element is more than the element damage being taken.
    These are all based on my observations though, hopefully some admin can confirm for us, but just note that Glu doesnt give out information like that to the public, so it is on us to figure out the game mechanics on our own. Makes the game more fun I guess :)
    ;)