I reached level 62 in Fire Lotus

WinterTaleWinterTale Registered Users 107 Posts
I managed to reach wave 62 in the Tower of the Fire Lotus,as you can see in the top player column.
It was easy, I just spent 20 revive potions (since at that level you get one shotted), 10+ health pots and 10+ mana pots.
Why I did this? Because I tought I would drop some nice runes from bosses (maybe purple or gold ones!!) and I would for sure get a gold rune offering for the level 60 one time prize...
What I really got? Only grey and green runes drop from bosses at that level (and they are a pain in the ars to kill) and the one time prize you get is 8 god of crafting offering (really?!?) when you got 30 of them killing each time the Oni General, that is cake compared to the easiest boss on level 50+ of the Fire Lots.
I love this game.

Comments

• RankavichRankavich Registered Users 51 Posts
    There is a fire endless?

O ya, I remember. They put that in and everyone stopped playing it because the difficulty is even harder than normal endless and the rewards are even less.

The whole rune combination system is pure terrible... Anything past blue gems are gonna cost you close to 10$ in gems to combine. I guess PVP rewards can lessen the cost.

The rewards for time spent after level 50 is almost not worth it. PvP gear is a pure luck of the roll to get, some get really lucky *shakes fists at those few lucky ones*.

Getting to any level that requires you to chug consumables should give amazing odds. They dont. So just farm the easy ones that dont cost you reagents. Specially mana pots, PVP!!
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    wow... that's good to know. I remember when it first came out people were complaining the level 20-30 runes were the same drops as lv 0-5. It should be otherwise but this is glu... every part of the game is designed to be hard and frustrating so we feel like spending money on gems.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    wow... that's good to know. I remember when it first came out people were complaining the level 20-30 runes were the same drops as lv 0-5. It should be otherwise but this is glu... every part of the game is designed to be hard and frustrating so we feel like spending money on gems.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • OxalicOxalic Registered Users 33 Posts
    Kinda off topic, but it's amazing how little glu actually cares about making the gaming experience enjoyable and progressive and more about making a quick buck.

Even these forums are more or less a joke - just a place for frustrated, disgruntled players (myself included) to **** and moan about things that will he we change. However having this forums gives the appearance of 'caring' when in fact the devs and mods probably have a good chuckle about 90% of the threads.

We pretty much all need to accept glu will never make any changes to the game that will not somehow lead to more potential income for them. Cuz the gamers that don't want to spend real $ on the game are expendable to them, no matter how hardcore they are. Why do you think there are 3 Eternity Warriors already? As soon as people lose interest in EW3 (which they will), EW4 will come out at some point.

This is business for glu. They are only interested in gaming as a means to an end to make money.

My 2¢.
    EW3 IGN: Τοοl
    Guild: BlackPearll
    Currently farming for Demon Lord reagents & completing Lava set
  • BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Oxalic wrote: »
    Kinda off topic, but it's amazing how little glu actually cares about making the gaming experience enjoyable and progressive and more about making a quick buck.

They clearly screwed up the fire tower and won't even admit it much less fix it. Just looking at the runes that drop in the 30s there tells you they intended to make the difficulty similar to the normal tower provided you have a certain level of lightning atk / fire def.

I'm surprised time didn't become a serious issue around 50-55 or so...
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
    Oxalic, great speech, and 100% accurate.
  • MofoBayMofoBay Registered Users 7 Posts
    Fire tower just ain't worth the trouble to farm for.

Android sign: michealbay
    Oxalic, great speech, and 100% accurate.

The sad part is the small percentage of legit, not willing to p2w players on this forum that care about the game and want it to be something fun and functional are always in the minority. There are thousands and thousands of players that are willing to p2w. And as long as we aren't willing to spend money (at least I never will...) and give glu money, very few of the changes that legit, passionate players would like to see will ever come to fruition. It becomes a mute point to beg for change because it just won't happen.

Freemium games are deceptive and misleading with the p2w structure. I would happily pay $10 or even $15 for a complete, full game like EW3 that does not nickel and dime you to do accomplish anything in the advanced stages of the game. But guess what, they make more $ having ppl buy gems and vanity wings, so that's the business model they stick with.

More 2¢ from Oxalic.
  • 3FoldUtopian3FoldUtopian Registered Users 27 Posts
    sometimes i wonder if glu is asking for it. they should've realised by now that their act is encouraging more hackers.
  • TotallyNotSteveTotallyNotSteve Registered Users 221 Posts
    Oxalic wrote: »
    The sad part is the small percentage of legit, not willing to p2w players on this forum that care about the game and want it to be something fun and functional are always in the minority. There are thousands and thousands of players that are willing to p2w. And as long as we aren't willing to spend money (at least I never will...) and give glu money, very few of the changes that legit, passionate players would like to see will ever come to fruition. It becomes a mute point to beg for change because it just won't happen.

Freemium games are deceptive and misleading with the p2w structure. I would happily pay $10 or even $15 for a complete, full game like EW3 that does not nickel and dime you to do accomplish anything in the advanced stages of the game. But guess what, they make more $ having ppl buy gems and vanity wings, so that's the business model they stick with.

More 2¢ from Oxalic.

At its core, EW3 is a free game. You can play forever without paying if you want to.

Also, believe it or not, the experience of our players - all of our players - is our top priority. There's a lot going on behind the scenes to make sure that the game is fun and enjoyable for everyone. While the developers can't implement every change suggested by every player, they do put a lot of time and effort into understanding and addressing any issue that might negatively affect folks.
    At its core, EW3 is a free game. You can play forever without paying if you want to.

Also, believe it or not, the experience of our players - all of our players - is our top priority. There's a lot going on behind the scenes to make sure that the game is fun and enjoyable for everyone. While the developers can't implement every change suggested by every player, they do put a lot of time and effort into understanding and addressing any issue that might negatively affect folks.

The game is fun and enjoyable for everyone.

WOW! I had no idea farming legendary hellboy for hours on end would be so much fun! And doing it over and over again every tournament for month after month MUCH MAKE IT SO MUCH BETTER!

And BTW, please do not tell us this ********. I'm in the top 200 players for GS and the money I've put into this game has had no effect into getting me there.

For example, I hate PvP. Let's throw aside hackers and laggers. Let's get into your business model.

This morning, I fought a warrior. He one shotted me with a single dash. AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MATCH.

I checked his GS. 12963. Pay to win.

This game is enjoyable for those that pay. And for those that pay A LOT. Please do not tell us otherwise, we've seen enough. In fact, I'd respect you guys more if you just told us the freaking truth.
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    The game is fun and enjoyable for everyone.

WOW! I had no idea farming legendary hellboy for hours on end would be so much fun! And doing it over and over again every tournament for month after month MUCH MAKE IT SO MUCH BETTER!

And BTW, please do not tell us this ********. I'm in the top 200 players for GS and the money I've put into this game has had no effect into getting me there.

For example, I hate PvP. Let's throw aside hackers and laggers. Let's get into your business model.

This morning, I fought a warrior. He one shotted me with a single dash. AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MATCH.

I checked his GS. 12963. Pay to win.

This game is enjoyable for those that pay. And for those that pay A LOT. Please do not tell us otherwise, we've seen enough. In fact, I'd respect you guys more if you just told us the freaking truth.

Will you stop beating the dead horse? Find another hobby already caus’ there’s nothing to be gained by obsessing so much over something that makes you so miserable.
    griml0ck wrote: »
    Will you stop beating the dead horse? Find another hobby already caus’ there’s nothing to be gained by obsessing so much over something that makes you so miserable.

I did. I play league.

I come here to troll or **** off people from time to time just because I can. And if they ban me, whatever, LOL. Can't blame me for speaking the truth.

Thanks for the reply. I do believe there are things happening "behind the scenes" to improve and enhance the game, which I think is awesome. I guess this is where some of the disconnect lays. You are absolutely right, this game is initially free. But at a certain point in the game, it becomes tremendously difficult to progress without doing one of two things: 1) buy gems to obtain better gear, 2) spend absorbent and unrealistic amounts of time 'farming' to find better items to help you progress. As a casual but passionate player of EW3, it frustrates me that I am forced to choose b/w paying to spin the lottery to possibly win better gear or farming for weeks to months on end to find better gear. I understand this is a farming game, but is there not a better way to balance enjoyable gameplay and heavy investment, whether that's monetary or time. I personally do not have time to farm 3+ hours a day to even have a shot at obtaining gear to help me just progress in the game.

I really do like this game and at the end of the day this is a business for glu. But the perception that many players have is that the improvements made to the game will always move in a direction that will require additional expenditure of resources, whether it be money or copious amounts of time. Ideally there would be addition of content that would enhance the game for all players but not require heavy investment, like increased drop rates for example. I dunno, maybe I'm alone in this, just my perspective.
  • HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    Me too reaching to 53wave of fire lotus and get ton of junk runes most beautiful item i get in this floor is demon champion sigil what the hell