Options

A new kind of annoying, War's all they do is parry

VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
Disclaimer: I play a warrior so before anyone starts with, "that is all part of warrior strategy". I know what warrior strategy is.

I have been facing a lot of warriors lately who's main strategy seems to be to sit in one place and just spam parry, throwing in a dash or ww once in a great awhile. I can usually win these matches by catching them asleep or just being a better player, but it is the HEIGHT of annoying.

First of all the matches take forever so you rarely win by getting 3 kills, its usually 1 or 2 kills and win by being ahead when time ends. This really takes away from possible AP.

Also its just a bittch @ss way to play, the arena is becoming less and less a fight to the finish and more and more outlast your opponent and play hide and seek for 2.5 mins.

It's really annoying just wanted to vent, grrrrr...

Comments

• Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    lol yeah it's a very annoying tactic, parry counter everything (or at least try) and dash when you get close. Super aggravating mostly because of the consecutive counter attacks they can do.
  • Options
    DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    And there is also those who misunderstood the concept of warrior by running around and hit once like monks do.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Im a warrior too, and i must say, parry only warriors are bîtch asś *****s. Pisśes me off.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Couldn't agree more Ultra. They are like the equivalent of the "hit you once and run" monks. Total pu$$y garbage
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    I fully agree. Now that they fixed the "statue" cheat, most of the warriors I face will dash once, then run around the arena, then if you get close spam parry, then run some more. It's annoying and its a pansy way to play. Less than 25% of the warriors I face actually fight. The rest are run and parry morons
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    I fully agree. Now that they fixed the "statue" cheat, most of the warriors I face will dash once, then run around the arena, then if you get close spam parry, then run some more. It's annoying and its a pansy way to play. Less than 25% of the warriors I face actually fight. The rest are run and parry morons

I've seen a *few* like that. But seriously, only a few. What GS level are you guys fighting at?

I think I only had one warrior playing as the cowardly monk... I laughed so hard I forgot to kill him. A few have been parry overdosing crazies, but there is quite a bit of unprotected time if your fight isn't lagging like crazy. Easy kills.

Parry is the only thing that gives a warrior a chance against a half-competent mage. There's no way to close the distance without getting slaughtered. I've had mages that were hitting me for 25% life with each normal freakin fireball. I've just about mastered sending orb bolts right back in their face though. Again, unless the fight is lagging like crazy... which most of my fights do. :(
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    khansaikhansai Registered Users 15 Posts
    Would you rather have warriors have ice freeze like mage then when you're slow get hit with a dash .

Or would you rather have warriors have a wide range slow like monk so when you're slow you get hit with a dash?

So let me ask what do you think warrior should have instead of parry then ?
  • Options
    RankavichRankavich Registered Users 51 Posts
    khansai wrote: »
    Would you rather have warriors have ice freeze like mage then when you're slow get hit with a dash .

Or would you rather have warriors have a wide range slow like monk so when you're slow you get hit with a dash?

So let me ask what do you think warrior should have instead of parry then ?

It's not that they should remove parry. It is being abused. Why did they increase the cd on a mages ice blink? It was being abused.

Parry should not be able to be spammed. A warrior with no lag can parry just about all attacks. Huge defensive ability. I have said in other posts that warriors can stand in place in a pretty costly lightning orb and spam party and never get hit. They should not be able to do that.

Just like monk dodge should not be able to be a get away free card for any slow or stun.
  • Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    Rankavich wrote: »
    It's not that they should remove parry. It is being abused. Why did they increase the cd on a mages ice blink? It was being abused.

Parry should not be able to be spammed. A warrior with no lag can parry just about all attacks. Huge defensive ability. I have said in other posts that warriors can stand in place in a pretty costly lightning orb and spam party and never get hit. They should not be able to do that.

Just like monk dodge should not be able to be a get away free card for any slow or stun.

Exactly, It's not only a huge defensive ability, it's a huge "offensive" ability too! and monks dodge can only get out of iceblink (i already posted about effects on dodge not any other stun/slow)
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Monks dodge can not only get out of ice blink but it can get out of the mage beam too. Just like with a warrior, they can dash or parry both ice blink and mage beam and take no damage. What really sucks is when you actually do freeze a warrior with ice blink, they just hit parry while frozen and any attack you do does no damage but the parry hits you. Many times I would ice blink a warrior then hit them with mage beam and it gets parryed. If the monk and warrior can get out of the mages skills, then why can't the mage get out of the monk and warrior skills? I play all three characters in the arena and the balance is so off for the mage that its ridiculous. The problem is not just the lack of balance, but if they do balance things, then others will complain. Put cooldown on parry, and the warriors will complain because their edge for winning (and cheating) is hindered. Warriors are about defense, mage is about attack, and monk is about speed. Balance pvp on those principles. Standing in one spot and spamming parry is not defense. If mage had cooldown for ice blink extended to 5 seconds, then put cooldown on parry for 5 seconds.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Warriors parry is mostly luck based. I cannot run under an orb and spam parry. It's not worth the risk.

That's why people spam it.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    PanZillaPanZilla Registered Users 49 Posts
    lol
    you ppl make it sound so easy to parry
    please don't forget that 90% players on pvp lags...
    I have not pvp for 3 or 4 days... when I start pvp again today... the lag seems even getting worse

as you all mention above and know that you need good connection inorder to parry all atk...
    again.. none of you can name one warrior that can parry all light orb atk...

I personally try it.. the most I can do is 2 or 3... but again the move is too risky and reward from it not great.
    So I do not know which PRO warrior is so pro that can just parry all day and win.

I would like to know who so I can learn how he parry lag atk.
  • Options
    SkyrideSkyride Registered Users 36 Posts
    No way to please everyone, but a mirror match only feature would be nice.
    Would be ok with adding on a 2-3 second CD on warrior parry and monk roll also.