Why the hell were gem rewards lowered in pvp?

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
Are you serious? 150 is nothing and now we're given 75. Smh.

Comments

• nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    Because they realized how easy it was to get them.
  • FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Not only did they cut them amount of gems in half, but they cut the amount of days in half too.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • jaggujaggu Registered Users 149 Posts
    some stupid folks post on forums saying how easy to get more gems etc and that alerts Glu..so yea you see the result..
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    glù did not like giving away so many free gems and they figured they were giving you to much time to earn them. Typical of them. I would say more but my account would probably get banned.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Well, time to play League. No time for dumb, pathetic mobile gaming.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
    I'm gonna bump this thread because I'd love to hear Moloch explain this. It's gonna be hilarious.

Same as when he said the "two reagents per a boss fight" was a bug and then they removed it. I remember ThaDoctor spitting out his soda and then saying "peace y'all" shortly afterwards.

Anyway, the incentive to PvP is gone now. I told you guys that PvP was gonna end up pay to win. Otherwise it'd be ****ed up as hell. Lol, I think logic and people yell. Now people are mad while I'm laughing because I saw this coming a mile away.
  • WinterTaleWinterTale Registered Users 107 Posts
    I think that is the same reason why I got banned for no reason and all my threads asking for further information were closed...
    Typical of a communist regime, nothing new.
  • JakeFJakeF Registered Users 62 Posts
    Hang on guys - we don't know if this is going to be the same for all future PVP seasons.

For all we know, Glu may simply be timing the current PVP season to end as the same time as the pay-to-win tournament in order that they can update the game/do server maintenance/conduct an audit of all players reported for hacking.

Either that, or they noticed that the gem rewards were seriously knocking the amount of gems people bought for real money so cut them in half and made the second load of gems unobtainable for most.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Technically you have to have a political party at the head for it to actually be a communist regime.

Now I personally know nothing of any ban on your account past or present. And I wont be discussing any specifics about it on the forum either.
  • bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    Because they couldn't afford a new Ferrari with all the free gems.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
    Handles wrote: »
    Technically you have to have a political party at the head for it to actually be a communist regime.

Now I personally know nothing of any ban on your account past or present. And I wont be discussing any specifics about it on the forum either.

Technically, the communist regime comment was an analogy.

That made sense.
  • BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Wow... the new rewards make me sad. Which is understandable since it was about the only bright part of the game anymore. Lets see 17 matches a day on average (work and a little sleep keep me out of game) * 3 days * 20AP per fight... 1020AP. Garbage.

With 7 days, wading though hacks and cheats put me usually just over 2500AP, max 4000AP on the season that hit during vacation. The 150 gems were just enough to justify losing so many times to modders that had been reported over and over. Now we get no gems, and no reward worth anything.

Wonder if glu rescaled based on performance by the cheats? Or if this was an intentional: screw you, buy gems and spend them in our garbage arena for equally garbage rewards... IN any case, can't wait to see waht the *next* update brings! Maybe we'll all get rescaled to lvl 5 and cyclops will get hand grenades to throw at us... and lasers, yeah... grenades and lasers!
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    Maybe we'll all get rescaled to lvl 5 and cyclops will get hand grenades to throw at us... and lasers, yeah... grenades and lasers!

Careful, they might take you up on that. ;)
  • BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Careful, they might take you up on that. ;)

I know. I fear nothing. :/

Edit 1: Added quote.
    Edit 2: Forget my average AP estimate above. Just fought a lagging monk runner. He would run to the left side for screen when I'm in the middle, run into the wall for a few seconds then appear right on top of me doing the nuclear bomb thing. My ping? 70 ms. Stop giving advantage to people with ****py internet connections!

Got off topic there, the point was I got a whole 4AP for a 3 minute fight with a laggy runner. Beyond pointless.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
    Nah. They're just gonna drop us down to level 1 and then make every boss have a one hit kill move thats impossible to avoid.

But hey, all the gear needed to progress will be in offerings! And leveling up will only cost a small amount of 1000 gems!
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Pvp awards are seriously garbage now. It's not like the offerings gave anything good, except the occasional wondrous that provided some negligible bonus in pvp and a silver here and there.

Now I win a small fraction of what I used to in half of the time. Probably the stupidest move on EW3 yet... Idiots.
    It's also pretty much impossible to reach 2500 AP in the 3 days given due to the fact that lower ranks on the overall rating give less AP for win. At the moment I'm between rank 100 and 50 and I have maybe 500 AP.

I'll take this as a shameful trial since you guys have this so called "big update" on the corner (which may have also been the reason why you chose pay to win tournament over survival) but if this is permanent, I don't think this game will keep me going.

Top priority in player's interest my @ss.
  • JakeFJakeF Registered Users 62 Posts
    Let us not be rash and hasty in criticising Glu.
    Every decision they make with regards to gameplay mechanics is always done in the overall interest of every player, rather than just the select few who spend obscene amounts of money on the game.
    Glu will listen to all your feedback and respond accordingly.
    Furthermore, 4AP for chasing a laggy runner around the arena is a more than generous reward. Just think of all the players with really low ranks. I saw a player get 2AP from a match I thrashed him in.

But, I digress. Glu will almost certainly increase the amount of gems they give out for free once they realise how annoyed all of their players are. It'd be downright silly not to listen to player feedback.
  • ZabulonZabulon Registered Users 25 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    Wow... the new rewards make me sad. Which is understandable since it was about the only bright part of the game anymore. Lets see 17 matches a day on average (work and a little sleep keep me out of game) * 3 days * 20AP per fight... 1020AP.

How dare you work or sleep!! I bet you factored in eating as well! What a liberty.
    JakeF wrote: »
    Let us not be rash and hasty in criticising Glu.
    Every decision they make with regards to gameplay mechanics is always done in the overall interest of every player, rather than just the select few who spend obscene amounts of money on the game.
    Glu will listen to all your feedback and respond accordingly.
    Furthermore, 4AP for chasing a laggy runner around the arena is a more than generous reward. Just think of all the players with really low ranks. I saw a player get 2AP from a match I thrashed him in.

But, I digress. Glu will almost certainly increase the amount of gems they give out for free once they realise how annoyed all of their players are. It'd be downright silly not to listen to player feedback.

Do you really think every player is in the right interest of this game?... Let's think about this for a second. Half the tournaments are pay to win. Now they cut down gem rewards, as if the bridge between those who spent a few hundred dollars on legendary runes versus the many who barely can afford blues (and maybe a purple here and there) isn't wide enough.

The only people who they gave two sh*ts about are the ones who feed an idiotic amount of money to this company.
  • Its5pmIts5pm Banned Users 112 Posts
    Becareful about what you say, there is a snitch in this thread. Thats right, a snitch
    Its5pm wrote: »
    Becareful about what you say, there is a snitch in this thread. Thats right, a snitch

Be careful what you say, the snitch reads everything you say. That's right, a snitch.
  • Floyd99Floyd99 Registered Users 70 Posts
    So they cut the amount of days for pvp tourney in half. Wouldnt it stand to reason the rewards should INCREASE since they would be harder to obtain in a shorter time?? The fact that they decreased completely contradicts what Moloch said in another thread about "bringing prizes in line with the shorter season"(wish i remember where i read it). So again it's just Glu f***ing players who wont spend $$. Typical.
    Floyd99 wrote: »
    So they cut the amount of days for pvp tourney in half. Wouldnt it stand to reason the rewards should INCREASE since they would be harder to obtain in a shorter time?? The fact that they decreased completely contradicts what Moloch said in another thread about "bringing prizes in line with the shorter season"(wish i remember where i read it). So again it's just Glu f***ing players who wont spend $$. Typical.

Not only that, but rewards stop shortly after wondrous boots, which are nothing to those who have godly. The only upside to having a short season is earning double blue runes but that's not worth it for what we lost.

Bring back the default rewards.