Arena, Rewards, Fairness.

mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
I recall reading a thread with people complaining about godly armor prizes from tourneys being fortitude rather than resolve and the answer from moloch or gluadmin was that it was done so that winning guilds would not have an unfair advantage over the rest of the ew3 playerbase from prizes.

That being said, prizes for pvp seasons give 1st place guild 5 Gold Runes, 10 God of Runes and 80 God of Battle offerings. Then come to 2nd place the prizes just drop an entire bucket of droppings to a measly sum of crafting, silver and battle offerings. It only gets worse for the other guilds below.

Point is, this is very contradictive to the whole idea of prizes 'not giving winning guilds an unfair advantage' . Giving only 1 guild legendary offerings each season is very much giving them an advantage and ensuring they will have more chances of winning everytime. I mean no disrespect to the rank 1 guilds I just hope there can be something done about the unfairness of the prizes for guilds who do not attain 1st place.

cheers :)
;)

Comments

• UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Yeah. It's like how for two whole months the second place prize for fusion and evo tourneys were godly helm, while first place had spaulders, gauntlets, and boots.

First place always has the good prizes. I guess Glu thinks everyone else can suck it.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    Advantage ?
    The members of the nr. 1 winning guild are most likely equiped with godly gear on all three characters.
    Damii wrote: »
    Advantage ?
    The members of the nr. 1 winning guild are most likely equiped with godly gear on all three characters.

Some people are not.
  • DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    Some people are not.
    Thats why i said most likely :)
    Damii wrote: »
    Thats why i said most likely :)

My bad. Carry on.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    Put more of an effort in to win, winners deserve the best prizes, i think the prizes in arena are spot on.....its in general tournaments i think they are not, even the #1 prizes arent worth me and sometimes my guilds time putting effort in to get, i think there ahould always be a clear distinction and a big gap between #1 and #2 and #2 / #3 rank priEs, afterall a lot of time and effort goes in to winning,

in arena the prizes for 1st are worth the time, in tournaments, not so much,
    Number one prizes for PvP isnt even effort, it's how much you spend.
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Put more of an effort in to win, winners deserve the best prizes, i think the prizes in arena are spot on.....its in general tournaments i think they are not, even the #1 prizes arent worth me and sometimes my guilds time putting effort in to get, i think there ahould always be a clear distinction and a big gap between #1 and #2 and #2 / #3 rank priEs, afterall a lot of time and effort goes in to winning,

in arena the prizes for 1st are worth the time, in tournaments, not so much,

My point is, 1 guild/50 members get legendary offerings, everyone else gets splat. This gives them more advantage to get better runes and better gear to win all the future seasons.
    The tourney prizes were fine. Top 2 guilds win godlies and the legendary offerings were distributed appropriately among the top 20 or so guilds. It was fair everyone received their just rewards and it wasnt giving any advantage over future tourneys (minus offerings) . PvP reward ssystem is entirely against this.
    The gap for prizes between top 3, top 5, top 10 even, should be a lil wide, but currently its like, if ur not first u get jack.
    ;)
  • ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    Some people are not.

I think their lvl is too low to wear godly ultra.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    Yeah i pretty much have godly on all characters, just havent levelled them up ha ha, and ultra, our giild is active we all as a guild use our tickets, some do spend some do not in pvp, thats why we win it so easily, so it makes it worth it, its more time than money that goes into us winning
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Number one prizes for PvP isnt even effort, it's how much you spend.

No effort? Stop beeing a retard with this kind of comments. If you only knew how much effort we as a Guild put in to get that #1 spot on IOS side. And as you can see most of us are not the crazzy spenders at the top of the personal PvP ranking. I few spend some but most of us just work hard with the few free runs we have and we do this with a strong guildspirit.

On Topic, I don´t really recall the reasoning for the earlier fortitude/resolve reward disscussion ended with that it shouldn´t be and advantage in the sence of not getting a reward that is better then #2 #3 and others. What they said was that they didn´t wanna hand over the best items (resolve) to the winner but instead the (fortitude) so that they still had to fight and search for that best Resolve items like everyone else. In the same way they give the Predator weapon to the #1 and not the best one. A fortidude item is still ofcourse better then nothing if you don´t have that godly item.
    I was one of the ones who still found the fortidude rewards pretty usefull since my other two characters didnt have godlys and with the help of thoose items I could go higher in the tower and get my hands of some godly resolve ones.
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Yeah. It's like how for two whole months the second place prize for fusion and evo tourneys were godly helm, while first place had spaulders, gauntlets, and boots.

First place always has the good prizes. I guess Glu thinks everyone else can suck it.

This has never been the case. The prizes for the tournaments move on a rotating basis specifically to avoid this. The only first place only gear/item rewards have been legendary runes on pvp tournaments and the occasional purple T8 weapon.
    Moloch wrote: »
    This has never been the case. The prizes for the tournaments move on a rotating basis specifically to avoid this. The only first place only gear/item rewards have been legendary runes on pvp tournaments and the occasional purple T8 weapon.

I know what I saw Moloch......
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    No effort? Stop beeing a retard with this kind of comments. If you only knew how much effort we as a Guild put in to get that #1 spot on IOS side. And as you can see most of us are not the crazzy spenders at the top of the personal PvP ranking. I few spend some but most of us just work hard with the few free runs we have and we do this with a strong guildspirit.

On Topic, I don´t really recall the reasoning for the earlier fortitude/resolve reward disscussion ended with that it shouldn´t be and advantage in the sence of not getting a reward that is better then #2 #3 and others. What they said was that they didn´t wanna hand over the best items (resolve) to the winner but instead the (fortitude) so that they still had to fight and search for that best Resolve items like everyone else. In the same way they give the Predator weapon to the #1 and not the best one. A fortidude item is still ofcourse better then nothing if you don´t have that godly item.
    I was one of the ones who still found the fortidude rewards pretty usefull since my other two characters didnt have godlys and with the help of thoose items I could go higher in the tower and get my hands of some godly resolve ones.

It is effort. But paying is necessary, too.

Those few people that spend spend a LOT. And it's those few people that win the offering tournaments, the PvP tournaments, everything.

Of course, there are those that just work hard and do not pay. But most people in top guilds do that anyways. I'm just pointing out why OU is almost always number 1.
  • WinterTaleWinterTale Registered Users 107 Posts
    Watching how the things are going on I think that in a couple of weeks the prizes will be something like that:
    1st place 1 gold rune, random cr4p purple lvl 44 stuff
    2nd - 10th 1 silver, random cr4p blue thing
    11th - 50th 1 iron
    This game is becoming each day more hilarious lol
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    WinterTale wrote: »
    Watching how the things are going on I think that in a couple of weeks the prizes will be something like that:
    1st place 1 gold rune, random cr4p purple lvl 44 stuff
    2nd - 10th 1 silver, random cr4p blue thing
    11th - 50th 1 iron
    This game is becoming each day more hilarious lol

We used to only give purple gear as rewards, and never gave out gold tokens. Both your comments and Ultra's are objectively wrong.
    Moloch wrote: »
    We used to only give purple gear as rewards, and never gave out gold tokens. Both your comments and Ultra's are objectively wrong.

Looking back on many of you moderator's posts on "Glu cares about the player base", I'm going to outright say that you're wrong, and not only that, but you're a liar who expects everyone to listen to you. Just because some people who are gullible have spent thousands on this game does not mean that the entire human race is gullible and expects the best from others. Most of us here know that all Glu is doing is trying to suck our blood and money. Hell, you probably want our blood so you can sell it for money, too.

As the company that's under fire from most of the player base, I'd say your company is wrong in what it's doing. But hey, screw ethics. Who cares about ethics when we can make a ton of money?
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Moloch so all pvp seasons will be 3 days and half ap rewards ? Or we gonna have any normal 6 days ones with normal ap rewards ?