Options

So exactly what is the point of the new PvP season?

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
GLU

I notice that this season has time cut in half but rewards are all the same for the same AP.

-Token recharge times didn't change
-Max tokens are still 5

We have no way of getting to meaningful rewards. So you've just taken the majority of legitimate players and removed incentive to play. Please help me understand just what are you thinking?

Perhaps this is an attempt at making PvP like the Lotus tower or the Ice caves. In Lotus tower 40-50 difficulty is on par with hero tower's 100-120 but gives loot in line with hero tower's 40-50. Legendary Ice caves are the same. Much more difficult than LHB but loot like normal-mode Nian. Are you trying to balance the game by making everything equally unappealing?

Comments

• Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Oh, and don't forget that they cut the amount of gems you can earn in half.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    You kidding? They cut the gems and the amount of time it takes to earn them?

I can't say anything except that now I can play League full time without giving a **** about EW3.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    WinterTaleWinterTale Registered Users 107 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    GLU

I notice that this season has time cut in half but rewards are all the same for the same AP.

-Token recharge times didn't change
    -Max tokens are still 5

We have no way of getting to meaningful rewards. So you've just taken the majority of legitimate players and removed incentive to play. Please help me understand just what are you thinking?

Perhaps this is an attempt at making PvP like the Lotus tower or the Ice caves. In Lotus tower 40-50 difficulty is on par with hero tower's 100-120 but gives loot in line with hero tower's 40-50. Legendary Ice caves are the same. Much more difficult than LHB but loot like normal-mode Nian. Are you trying to balance the game by making everything equally unappealing?

You want some warm milk and a cookie too?
    You aint gonna get anything you mentioned boy, get over it.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    We've sectioned off PvP into two formats:

Main Season during weekends. The usual player and guild rewards will be available during this time, and the tiered rewards as well. The maximum reward tiers have actually been brought down to bring it in line with the reduced time.

Off Season during week. Player and guild rewards are gone, tiered rewards are reduced. This is to remove pressure to need to be always playing in order to earn top rewards.

We will continue to tweak and refine PvP as we get more data and feedback.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I've sectioned EW3 into two formats.

Before Rune Update: Awesome game, although a bit annoying with tower.

After Rune Update: Pay to win, otherwise you can go screw yourselves.

Why do I bother posting on forums again?

Oh yeah. 2000 posts coming my way. Man, more bad updates, more posts for me. Thank you Glu!
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »

Main Season during weekends. The usual player and guild rewards will be available during this time, and the tiered rewards as well. The maximum reward tiers have actually been brought down to bring it in line with the reduced time.

Off Season during week. Player and guild rewards are gone, tiered rewards are reduced. This is to remove pressure to need to be always playing in order to earn top rewards.

Thank you for the reply. You proved WinterTail's claim wrong.

I dispute your claim that "the maximum reward tiers have actually been brought down". They were not brought down they were cut out. That's fine; however, as they were only ever reachable by hackers.

The sudden jump from award to award however is appalling. First fiew are 40-50 AP apart, next set separated by jumps of 100, then 150, 150, 200, 500, 250, 250. Why the 500 is in there is a bit confusing but nothing like the 1500 jump from 2500 to 4000. Then back to 500 followed by 50!?? What's up with that?
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Moloch so all pvp seasons will be 3 days and half ap rewards ? Or we gonna have any normal 6 days ones with normal ap rewards ?
  • Options
    chmkchmk Registered Users 34 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »

This is just WRONG. Player feedback? Yeh right. The maximum tier reward requirements have not been decreased at all for reduced time. Look, it took 4550ap on a 6 day tourney to get wondrous boots. Now u need 5000 for wondrous boots in a 2 day tourney. And don't get me started on the gems 2500 ap to get 150 gems total. Now? 2500 ap in two days to get 75/100 gems (can't remember which one). Don't try lying to us: at least just tell the truth, ie that u are screwing us over. A few people in my guild have quit US being one of them, and I have always stood up for glue and stayed impartial. But I've had it. Ur money grabbing schemes will lead to your own undoing, and I hope that people realise how terrible a company glue is.

Everything u do that is in any way good u ruin. Oh let's give em gems for pvp! Yay! Bring it down. Oh yay let's give em more gold token runes for rewards! Oh wait lets bring em down.

Let's do some maths shall we moloch. With all these reductions of rewards etc, players lose a lot. I always get around 5.3kap in a 6 day tourney, double the req for 150 gems. 5.3/3 is about 1.8k ap in a two day tourney. Now I only get a measly 25 gems. Granted, there will be an off season, but it's reduced so actually, I get less now dont I. Thanks glu well done. Once again you've proved that you can ****k everything up
    <Ex0dus>
    Senior Officer
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    U maybe forgot another thing dunno if it is only me or what , they started me at rank 12 this time instead of 9 that i start from each time so my rank ap is 3.3 and lose ap went from 2 to 1 and according to all lagers and the season time i won't get any fckin **** from this season , i just gave up this season untill they fix this ****