Options

Mage Vs Monk

RankavichRankavich Registered Users 51 Posts
So... Why is it that mages are STILL getting wrecked by monks no matter how you play. Yet, they made changes to the rewards given from PVP!

How is it that mages vs monks is still sooooo unbalanced? Is there any reason that they have not seen any changes?

A monk can roll in, Stun, Roll Out, Roll Back in and use a pummel or their top tier ability. This is completely unavoidable by a mage. Please explain a mechanic to keep this from happening.

I kill monks. The ones that are terrible and dont know their elbow from there ____. The monks that have a brain in their head can perform the stun/attack combo while avoiding all mage abilities.

What can be changed? Limit their Defensive cool down, like mages... Monks are already way faster than mages. Maybe they would think twice if Ice Blink was something they couldnt roll out of.

Maybe Ice Blink should be a stun, in pvp.

Maybe if a mage goes against a monk in pvp the mage should only need 1 kill to win the match...

Maybe a monk should be looked at more before lowing rewards from pvp?

Comments

• Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    lmao this is funny cause I suck vs mages, can only catch them if they make a mistake blinking away. I get so aggravated not being able to hit them due to lag, blink, and passive ice block or whatever. Also that blink counter attack is annoying. I feel really slow when fighting mages...not sure if that has to do with the balancing they did with android or not. makes me want to lvl up my mage.

...I wish they told us when they changed stuff like that..
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Mage vs Monk.

Monks will run up and jump attack, then slide away immediately after. To counter this, you have to be on the edge of the map so you can still sling orbs at only half the directions.

When they jump, you dodge them and orb. Avoid blinking unless you're getting attacked by his fist skill.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    revit wrote: »
    lmao this is funny cause I suck vs mages, can only catch them if they make a mistake blinking away. I get so aggravated not being able to hit them due to lag, blink, and passive ice block or whatever. Also that blink counter attack is annoying. I feel really slow when fighting mages...not sure if that has to do with the balancing they did with android or not. makes me want to lvl up my mage.

...I wish they told us when they changed stuff like that..

I see someone else on android realize that mages are nearly impossible to hit. Its so frustrating that they cant fix this. Pretty much EVERY top pvp player on android is a mage.

Ive defended g l u a lot in the past and ew3 but my patience growing thin. Im about to become the new Ultra lol
  • Options
    RankavichRankavich Registered Users 51 Posts
    On IOS mage is at an EXTREME disadvantage against a monk. If you lag, it doesnt matter what class you are or are against.

In a match where lag is not a variable. Monks will dominate a mage.

If you manage to hit monks with orbs then good for you. Let me know when you can hit a monk with any skills. I sometimes get a good fire attack on a monk every now and then. That is only because I time mine to be where I think he is running. The skill takes sooo long, most good monks will change directions or just roll through it and 1.5 seconds later roll is back up.

Monks will roll around from one side of me to the other and use stun, cant ice blink. They then use pummel or their top tier ability, cant blink out of that either. The only thing you can hope for is an auto ice blink.

Monks need to be vulnerable to mage ice blink, atleast SOME of the time. There is no way to hit a monk that is running with a mage skill unless he is running inside of lightning orb ranges.

Sometimes I will hit a monk with fire if he is running at me face to face. Only noob monks do this.
  • Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    I see someone else on android realize that mages are nearly impossible to hit. Its so frustrating that they cant fix this. Pretty much EVERY top pvp player on android is a mage.

Ive defended g l u a lot in the past and ew3 but my patience growing thin. Im about to become the new Ultra lol

Top 10 is 1 warrior (niceassasin) and the rest are monks and 2 mages.
    ;)
  • Options
    radshortyradshorty Registered Users 103 Posts
    a skilled monk will always beat a skilled warrior and mage unless they don't have a brain. if i beat a monk, I can't help but laugh at them. there's no reason why a skilled monk should lose with their critical damage and stun abilities.