Options

New name/ name change?

Today a few guildmates and I have noticed that some players seemed to have changed their name, or had it changed by some means. Anyone have any info on this please????

Comments

• Options
    raven1983raven1983 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Hi,

I would like to change my character name.

Please advise.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Floyd99 wrote: »
    Today a few guildmates and I have noticed that some players seemed to have changed their name, or had it changed by some means. Anyone have any info on this please????

If they lost their account they have to create a new name. However, this is a manual process, so it's only for those specific situations (and not just because you want to change your name).
  • Options
    TruthTruth Registered Users 67 Posts
    So you are saying that in 30 minutes, numerous people in guilds are all getting this service?

Then because they dont like the new username they change it again and again.

Something productive needs to be done here, like running code and checking those who change usernames, manipulate servers, hack gems and offerings whilst they are at it and start banning.

Not good enough.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Truth wrote: »
    So you are saying that in 30 minutes, numerous people in guilds are all getting this service?

Then because they dont like the new username they change it again and again.

Something productive needs to be done here, like running code and checking those who change usernames, manipulate servers, hack gems and offerings whilst they are at it and start banning.

Not good enough.

I'm unclear what you're saying here. It doesn't take 30 minutes and it's not a "service." It's a fix to an issue. Some people have waiting a week to be able to do this.

As for hackers, that has been addressed in other threads.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Registered Users 51 Posts
    Half the guild iPHILLIPINES changed their name over night, you telling me they all lost their accounts over night?
    .:CAARNAGE:.
    <Ex0duS>
  • Options
    JaimitoJaimito Registered Users 92 Posts
    Player WhiteKiller has changed his name to iphWhyKiller, he is on every day, he used to be in my guild *District12* and he is in my Friendlist, so u telling me that he lost his account and now he is able to get a new username, PLEASE EXPLAIN WITH DATAILS BECAUSE THIS IS UNFAIR TO OTHER PLAYERS
    ...............OWNED.................
  • Options
    Pt604Pt604 Registered Users 20 Posts
    Jaimito wrote: »
    Player WhiteKiller has changed his name to iphWhyKiller, he is on every day, he used to be in my guild *District12* and he is in my Friendlist, so u telling me that he lost his account and now he is able to get a new username, PLEASE EXPLAIN WITH DATAILS BECAUSE THIS IS UNFAIR TO OTHER PLAYERS

Are you saying that its unfair that players change their names? Does it give people unfair advantages in tourneys?

That's actually funny to hear.
  • Options
    Sos1980Sos1980 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Players are changing there name by using the chinese server
  • Options
    JaimitoJaimito Registered Users 92 Posts
    Of course it's funny to some special people but i am not gonna waste my time complaining about it, so get your facts straight since I'm not talking about tourneys , i just want an answer from flue admin... Unfair for changing Ign...
    ...............OWNED.................
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Jaimito wrote: »

He is a forum moderator and can´t possibly know and keep track of everything thats going on ingame and you demand him to explain details? Thoose iP people and others use a method that includeds yes switching country as Heero said. I would call it a bugg and it´s not a feature that is ment to be used like that so gluadmin can´t really explain or help you there.
  • Options
    Philly215Philly215 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Yea I've notice that a lot of player had change there name.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Well I have a phone and tablet on android system (I play tablet), I deleted the game on the phone, when I reinstalled it didn't let me rename my character. It just started with new characters. I did have the option of using google cloud save or not though, I clicked yes.

To reset name do I have to send them a ticket saying my account got wiped?

On the tablet I still have my characters..

btw android went down for maintaince 20 minutes ago.
  • Options
    FearBreakerFearBreaker Banned Users 72 Posts
    I am not trying to be smart or anything, its some kind of a bug feature using the chinese version to be able to change names. Downside is you have to be careful in pressing buttons as you might start all over again, which happened to me, luckily i have a back up on icloud and was able to retrieve my old account back. If guys think are summing up that we from iphil are using cheats to gain advantage, let me ask you this, why are we not winning every tourney? why are we not being banned? Admins are more than welcome to check our accounts every now and then. We win, because of our skills and its not a feature that can be acquired through this game. Peace!!!
  • Options
    TruthTruth Registered Users 67 Posts
    Well first they can get rid of Bradixxx who made the guild for the hall off fame PinoyF***Glu in the endless tourney putting an end to them.

Glu admin please ask the developers to run code through the game and ban those who have hacked and changed names and added whatever else to their accounts.
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    If they lost their account they have to create a new name. However, this is a manual process, so it's only for those specific situations (and not just because you want to change your name).

Hi admin this is the first time I reply for u since then we have begin in beta time September last year ok here it is my account has lost after I discovered my iPhone got problem in technically and I decide to phone restoration and hope for fix this up after all down I had following exactly step reinstall and start up show time well what I did see my whole account hero all gone missing reset back to zero Level 1 please help me to recovery and I had submitted ticket to glu iOS plate form hope my account and safety recover otherwise my situation same like JonWayne
  • Options
    pavitpavit Registered Users 41 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    I'm unclear what you're saying here. It doesn't take 30 minutes and it's not a "service." It's a fix to an issue. Some people have waiting a week to be able to do this.

As for hackers, that has been addressed in other threads.
    glu admin plz read this and help me
    my game suddenly crash in endless mode when i reopen the game i saw that my name change to uuuuhuuuuu and level dropped to 4 and gs dropped to 84 (my real e warr username pavitshokeen) i want my real account back.
    i already 4 days ago send a ticket to androidsupport@glu.com but still nothing happen they send me this

Response Via Email (Yasamin) 07/05/2014 03:43 PM
    Good Afternoon Pavit,

I am showing your account for "pavitshokeen" as still being there. Please be sure you are logged into the correct Google+ account, before opening the game.

Regards,
    Yasamin
    Glu Mobile Customer Care[/FONT]
    and i am already using my correct google+ account. i personally think deleting uuuuhuuuuu may fix this problem
    glu admin only u can help me . my email id pavitshokeen@gmail.com and device moto g android ver 4.4.2 and sorry for my bad english
    thnx