Options

I hope the pvp changes are just a test

RankavichRankavich Registered Users 51 Posts
So... 1:30 second matches with 2 kills to win.

Did the admin think this would help with PVP?

This is encouraging hit and run. Not only is it quicker for them. Now they can almost defend themselves by saying "I only ran the last 30 seconds"

The shorter timer encourages cheap play tactics. I realize there is no way to make players slug it out every fight, but please don't encourage it.

Yet again mages are on the short end of the stick here. Unless I want to play cheaply, I don't, it seems there if very little chance of gaining any upper hand on those who will.

I get making the rewards less and having double the tournaments. But now that most fights WILL NOT get to 2/2 kills the AP received per match is significantly less. Again, more work for less reward, seems to be a Glu mantra.

It may be asking a lot but how about the following:

Level playing field between all classes.
Adequate rewards for time invested.
An arena that doesn't reward cowards.

These things would make me happy.

I would rather have a week long arena tourny that gave the original rewards than the current version.

I don't ever expect to be a top player in this game because its pay to win, specially in the top 50. I know this is a working model for Glu.

I just want to have fun and feel rewarded for trying.

Comments

• Options
    TheOverseerTheOverseer Registered Users 14 Posts
    Yeah I know this is unfair I don't like the new update its unfair for everyone the prizes have changed and the new gear is really unfair because people can get Over Powered in arena plus the arena should be matched againts GS not whoever clicks find match plus about the gear I have farmed so hard and spent money to get godly gear but now new update brougt new gear so unfair I think Glu did this on purpose so they can have idiots to buy gems to spend in token spin I just wish the game could get fair and another thing I'm upset about is drop rate the Ivar montians drops gear you get from leg nian. So I might just quit I have spent a lot of time on this game.
    ♣♦♣Tøxíç Búnñy ♣♦♣
  • Options
    ducvaderducvader Registered Users 204 Posts
    Not sure where I got my information from....I think this PVP is offseason pvp where you can fight against people and relax. No real prizes hence the battle offerings only. It's to allow people to relax until the real season of pvp comes. I don't agree with Mage's 5 second cooldown on blink but whatever...glu does what they want.
  • Options
    JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?105639-So-exactly-what-is-the-point-of-the-new-PvP-season&p=189366&viewfull=1#post189366

and I quote:
    Moloch wrote: »
    We've sectioned off PvP into two formats:

Main Season during weekends. The usual player and guild rewards will be available during this time, and the tiered rewards as well. The maximum reward tiers have actually been brought down to bring it in line with the reduced time.

Off Season during week. Player and guild rewards are gone, tiered rewards are reduced. This is to remove pressure to need to be always playing in order to earn top rewards.

We will continue to tweak and refine PvP as we get more data and feedback.

I like this new change to the PvP Season. But I can't say the same about character balancing. When you spend money to boost your favourite hero's gear and doing well in PvP, Glu will nerf him/her coz of "balancing". this is so so so stupid. why spend money to boost your fav hero when Glu will nerf him/her eventually.
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Well Jon, looks like people will be spending even more money. Seems the only way to get gold inconcievable gear is through offerings. No one on Android has found any gold gear in endless and no one has found it on the spider queen yet, but to farm that, you need to spend money on pots, so either way it's gone from free to play to pay for everything.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    eviljit22eviljit22 Registered Users 30 Posts
    I agree. Glu admon does not think about the update and this means players less to play in arena. Whats the use of pvp without prices. Prices encourage playwrs to plat more but not the recent updat and one more thing helm for monk sucs like a bunny
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    Well Jon, looks like people will be spending even more money.

If you are right, it will encourage glu to do similar things in the future. I for one haven't spent a dime and don't plan to, at least until they get the cheating under control. Which looks more and more like it isn't going to happen. :(
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    EternityWarriorsEternityWarriors Registered Users 19 Posts
    I remember reading on the forums awhile back that there are "off" seasons for the pvp. I believe this is one of them. Like someone also already mentioned, this is just some downtime for people to play around and it's not a real season. The "real" seasons with winnable items should probably come back after this "off" season wraps up.
  • Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    I remember reading on the forums awhile back that there are "off" seasons for the pvp. I believe this is one of them. Like someone also already mentioned, this is just some downtime for people to play around and it's not a real season. The "real" seasons with winnable items should probably come back after this "off" season wraps up.

does it make too much sense for the off season to have either more energy or lower replenish time? Could entice people to want to try harder in the real seasons.