Ice Kingdom Recalibration

Now that the Ice Kingdom is being developed into an actual 4th Kingdom, it seems reasonable that it should be treated as such. Many players have already noted that the stated GS for the levels are grossly understated for the difficulty that the levels possess. For instance, the Legendary Ice Den has a recommended GS of 8,100. My warrior’s GS is 12,261 and I had to use several mana pots and a couple health pots to beat the level. I have 27% Ice resistance and 18% fire offense equipped, but still had to use what I believe is an unsustainable number of pots to complete the level. Considering these levels drop the Demon Lord reagents, players will need to farm for these reagents. Farming is impractical if pots are needed to complete the levels. It’s far cheaper to just buy the reagents with gems at this point.

Additionally, the slowdown that the hero experiences with any of the freeze attacks is terribly disproportional to the rest of the game and does not allow for any easy recovery. Perhaps this is by design. It’s more frustrating than anything because I have ice resistances equipped, and my Warrior has 5,000+ GS more than what is recommended. In the previous 3 kingdoms, we were able to learn the moves of the enemies and bosses and survive if we messed up a few times. I believe this indicates how much better the GS recommendations were in the previous 3 kingdoms, and how proportional the offense and defensive stats were for each level. At this time, the Ice Kingdom is not enjoyable to play and is not somewhere to frequent as the pot costs are unsustainable. It is perhaps one of the most inefficient places to play right now, if going for loot or gold, as the rate at which the character dies is far greater than any other part of the game. Plainly stated, it’s not fun. The levels need to be recalibrated so that the GS of the level is representative of the actual difficulty of the level.

I really would appreciate a comment from Glu on this issue as to if there are any plans to address the Ice Kingdom issues in an upcoming update. I’m certainly not the only player that has noted these things.

Comments

• bidsybidsy Registered Users 75 Posts
    Very well stated, i could not agree more with all of this post!!! Great job eagle ;)
    IGN: BlDS
    Guild: -=WOLFPACK=-
    (ANDROID)
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    I heard in another thread or maybe begining of this one that the normal 4th kingdom has been recalibrated , is that true ?
  • EagleOneEagleOne Registered Users 18 Posts
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    I heard in another thread or maybe begining of this one that the normal 4th kingdom has been recalibrated , is that true ?

Yes, it seems that the normal 4th Kingdom was recalibrated after the servers came back online. Before the server maintenance, the normal Spider Queen had a recommended GS of 3000. Players with 12,000+ GS were getting destroyed in a matter of seconds. This has since been corrected, however I can't testify to how a 3,500 GS player fairs against it. I still expect that the player likely needs to have double the GS indicated, but again I haven't tried it yet.