Options

Warrior dash beefed up, overpowered in PvP

I've come across to many warriors in PvP who are able to kill 30k hp in a single dash. This seems a bit overpowered compared to previous dash damage. It's there a plan to revisit this damage ramp up and balance it to a more equitable level?

Comments

• Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    It's not high enough imo. Beef it up more! Actually, I've noticed no difference. Then again, I tend to fight laggers and outright modding cheaters and my dash usually never connects. Even more, my best chance at winning a fight has always been with another warrior. Monk and mage have too many advantages.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    nate03nate03 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    It's not high enough imo. Beef it up more! Actually, I've noticed no difference. Then again, I tend to fight laggers and outright modding cheaters and my dash usually never connects. Even more, my best chance at winning a fight has always been with another warrior. Monk and mage have too many advantages.

WAYYYY too many advantages!
  • Options
    ManitoManito Registered Users 20 Posts

Guess you're not playing your warrior right? Parry is ridiculously powerful and versatile if used right, you can block everything a monk or mage can throw at you.
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Manito wrote: »
    Guess you're not playing your warrior right? Parry is ridiculously powerful and versatile if used right, you can block everything a monk or mage can throw at you.
    You were talking about dash. Parry I don't mind, it helps against mage. While it's nice to parry 4 or 5 orb bolts in a row right into a mage's face, the reflected attack rarely does any visible damage to my opponents. It's a purely defensive (and a little fun) way to spend a few moments in the fight usually resulting in no more orbs from the mage.

Parry pretty much does squat against monk.

What GS level are you fighting at? I'll take a guess that it's well below the 12k range.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts

I agree, when used right, parry + dash own. I've even seen dash used as an escape method, *I don't think dash can get interrupted*?
  • Options
    You were talking about dash. Parry I don't mind, it helps against mage. While it's nice to parry 4 or 5 orb bolts in a row right into a mage's face, the reflected attack rarely does any visible damage to my opponents. It's a purely defensive (and a little fun) way to spend a few moments in the fight usually resulting in no more orbs from the mage.

Parry pretty much does squat against monk.

What GS level are you fighting at? I'll take a guess that it's well below the 12k range.

Well, you'd be making an unfortunately poor assumption. My gs is 9200, and I've fought plenty of 12k players, including bababalian and others in the top 30.

I've fought plenty of warriors who are able to stand in my Rage and parry through the entire attack.
  • Options
    Well, you'd be making an unfortunately poor assumption. My gs is 9200, and I've fought plenty of 12k players, including bababalian and others in the top 30.

I've fought plenty of warriors who are able to stand in my Rage and parry through the entire attack.

Ah nice, used all my energy to finally catch you in a rage...wait double parry...no damage, awesome.
  • Options
    revit wrote: »
    Ah nice, used all my energy to finally catch you in a rage...wait double parry...no damage, awesome.

Exactly, unlimited negation in PvP is a bit overpowered, should be a cooldown of some sort between parries versus players.
  • Options
    HodorrHodorr Registered Users 21 Posts
    Parry cooldown, are you kidding? Warriors have to parry everything or else they would be useless in PVP. They have 2 usefull skills for PVP the rest get us killed
  • Options
    Hodorr wrote: »
    Parry cooldown, are you kidding? Warriors have to parry everything or else they would be useless in PVP. They have 2 usefull skills for PVP the rest get us killed

Don't worry, you will still be able to parry, dash, parry. We're just saying doing back to back parry leaves no room or time to take any damage, yet still dishes out good damage.