Where are the survival tournaments?

2Next

Comments

• JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    Kaufmeat wrote: »
    Is ANYBODY rally having fun just grinding, fusing and evolving?

Yes, there are. Maybe not a lot, but there are.
  • Dante111Dante111 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    Survival tournaments have been discontinued for the foreseeable future. We hope to have a solution for better grind related tournaments in the future, but the towers were too prone to hacking and player burnout for their continued use.

What an absolute moronic statement that is. Pure BS.

Too prone to hacking?! Player burnout?!

WHY DONT YOU JUST SAY YOU DONT MAKE ENOUGH MONEY OFF THEM.

Horrible horrible company.
  • Dante111Dante111 Registered Users 5 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    How sad isn't it? This is the only developer I've seen where they take away anything you say positive. Oh drop rates are good? Let's nerf it! Gem rewards are rewarding? Let's remove it! Endless tournaments are fun? Let's discontinue it!

What a joke.

Completely agree.

They must be retarded. Hope they all end up bankrupt.
  • CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    can't i like or dislike some part of the game? i don't like endless tower tournament. that's it.

I'll be even happier if they remove PvP.

I wasn't saying you can't like or dislike part of the game. I was just wanting to understand your reasoning for feeling the way you (and as you say, others you know) feel the way you do about Endless Tourneys. That's all, no condemnation.
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    I hate endless tournaments too and I can tell you my reasons if it helps: I normally run all endless when I have ship tokens (this means 6-7/day) but I start on floor 110. When there was an endless tournament I have to run from floor 90 or even 80 just to be able to reach top 500 and only with my main character (I admit I'm not a very good player so I can't pass 135 every time).
    So doing 20-30 extra levels, trying to avoid picking up things and running 2 days only the same character it's pretty good reason to hate tower tournaments and a waste of farming time.
  • DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    I hate endless tournaments too and I can tell you my reasons if it helps: I normally run all endless when I have ship tokens (this means 6-7/day) but I start on floor 110. When there was an endless tournament I have to run from floor 90 or even 80 just to be able to reach top 500 and only with my main character (I admit I'm not a very good player so I can't pass 135 every time).
    So doing 20-30 extra levels, trying to avoid picking up things and running 2 days only the same character it's pretty good reason to hate tower tournaments and a waste of farming time.
    You start from 80-90, it must be really boring i start from wave 100 and do all i can usually a little over 135 and i get bored as hell.
    It would be less time consuming and boring if the first two of five waves all monsters spawn at once and not one after the other.
  • pxyche22pxyche22 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »

waste of time farming ? u must be kidding ryt ? endless tournaments are not meant for farming , it's for earning the maximum vp every single tower run. Farming is just one of its benefits. If u want to start from 110 , and still get to top 500 , then use gems , u lazy little thing. It's the only skilled based tourney in the game , and one which requires the player to work hard without much preparation and money involved. So i get it why you and and gIu dont like it. You for instance , dont want to work hard just to be on the leaderboards , and gIu because there's not so much money involved.
    pxyche22 wrote: »
    waste of time farming ? u must be kidding ryt ? endless tournaments are not meant for farming , it's for earning the maximum vp every single tower run. Farming is just one of its benefits. If u want to start from 110 , and still get to top 500 , then use gems , u lazy little thing. It's the only skilled based tourney in the game , and one which requires the player to work hard without much preparation and money involved. So i get it why you and and gIu dont like it. You for instance , dont want to work hard just to be on the leaderboards , and gIu because there's not so much money involved.

you don't need skill to be top in endless tower tour. you just need to spend gems. and somehow I believe player spend gems more on endless tower tour compared to fuse/evolve. although it may still be possible, I find it hard to believe players actually spend gems to buy coins.

all tournament require some sort of grinding (that is if you choose not to spend cash). having preference on one over another doesn't justify any laziness.
    you don't need skill to be top in endless tower tour. you just need to spend gems. and somehow I believe player spend gems more on endless tower tour compared to fuse/evolve. although it may still be possible, I find it hard to believe players actually spend gems to buy coins.

all tournament require some sort of grinding (that is if you choose not to spend cash). having preference on one over another doesn't justify any laziness.

as far as leaderboards on endless tourneys are concerned , only the top 5 spend gems to get the top prize , rank 6-500 (which the majority are non spenders) basically grind their way to the rankings without money involved and without any ship tokens missed. and yes , i do believe this is the only skill based tourney, coz if this isnt , which is ? to get the highest vp on a single run , u need to reach the highest possible wave u can , which the best case , wave 139/140 , not all players can do that. And since this is the only tournament that doesnt involve preparations from offerings and coins, most players enjoy it because everybody can participate and have a chance at a good spot in the rankings. Saying that u dont like it because you dont want to start from 20-30 waves than your usual practice justifies in fact laziness.
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    revit wrote: »
    hop on the Avabel train xD actually plays like a mmorpg

I'm playing Order and Chaos at the moment, so much more to do than just doing endless for hours.

I'll be honest and say that endless can get boring easily, but the amount of work to get the top 500 in endless was a fraction of what it is in evolution or fusion.

It actually shows that hey, godly gear is actually paying off. But now that the pay to play feature has been cemented with the impervious, there's no reason anymore. This company is the stupidest group of people I have seen, and they're digging this game to its grave with the insatiable hunger for money.

Rapacious *******s.
    pxyche22 wrote: »
    as far as leaderboards on endless tourneys are concerned , only the top 5 spend gems to get the top prize , rank 6-500 (which the majority are non spenders) basically grind their way to the rankings without money involved and without any ship tokens missed. and yes , i do believe this is the only skill based tourney, coz if this isnt , which is ? to get the highest vp on a single run , u need to reach the highest possible wave u can , which the best case , wave 139/140 , not all players can do that. And since this is the only tournament that doesnt involve preparations from offerings and coins, most players enjoy it because everybody can participate and have a chance at a good spot in the rankings. Saying that u dont like it because you dont want to start from 20-30 waves than your usual practice justifies in fact laziness.

Only top 5? Really?

I never said i dun like tower tour because i dun want to start from level 20. And I can easily get top 5 in fuse/ evolve tour without spending any gems.

And if this is your argument on laziness, I can also say that you are lazy to farm for coins and reagents and grind VP for fuse/evolve tournament. That requires more work and you're just being lazy.
  • Its5pmIts5pm Banned Users 112 Posts
    Tourny is always a good way to compete against each other. Why cant they bring something simple like jade forest boss kill tourny or hellboy or find an egg inside dungeon tourny or even something stupid like walking distance marathon tourny I dont think it require heavy algorithm. Just make something different. I can explain this whole game concept to new player in one word. BORING!!!!
    Only top 5? Really?

I never said i dun like tower tour because i dun want to start from level 20. And I can easily get top 5 in fuse/ evolve tour without spending any gems.

And if this is your argument on laziness, I can also say that you are lazy to farm for coins and reagents and grind VP for fuse/evolve tournament. That requires more work and you're just being lazy.

Yes, only top 5 , i mean, why would you spend money when you can basically have the same prize from rank 6-20, or 21-100 or 100-500? That's totally unreasonable, if u cant get to top 5 , why spend? that's on my case at least.

I ddnt say it was u i was referring about not wanting to start 20/30 waves below, it was the other guy. I dont know whatever reason u have for not liking endless , but i respect whatever that is.

On a second note, i know u can easily get to top 20 on fuse/evo tourneys without spending, and guess what? Me too, lol. But compared to endless tourneys, u can easily sleep on fuse and evo tourneys and still get to top 500. On endless, however, miss 2 or 3 runs and your out of the game, have the game crash while you're in the tower and you'll see your rank sink, die on an earlier wave and your done. Have your inventory filled and you'll earn less vp. See, all of that requires skill and patience, and all happens only on endless tourneys.
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    I've managed to slip a few times on endless and still managed to get top 500 because my mage was able to survive long enough to earn high amounts of VP. Plus Endless you gain a surplus in gold, not lose it.

There's a higher incentive that will drive me to do endless runs more often if I know I'll get rewarded with god of runes. Otherwise, forgot it. I'm done with this game. The company has reached a whole new level of stupidity.
    yah, endless was the most fun and rewarding of all the tournaments in the game. You dont lose coins, instead, you gain from it, you dont have to spend much to get rewarded either... tournaments right now are pure money grab options for the company, and it is getting lame. If it werent for the friends i gained (i even met my girlfriend through the game, lol) , it wouldnt be so much fun anymore for me.
    From your posts I guess you don't work and you can run tower whenever you have tickets or even use gems. I have nothing against that but some people have jobs, family and still want to play the game.
    And another supposition: you didn't catch any tournament beside tower/evolve/fusion/offerings. Am I right?
    Peace, it's only a scking money game.
    1st, i have 2 jobs, one during the day and one during nighttime

2nd, i nver spent a dime on this game, i, was considering it though when runes first came out ,, but, nah, when it boiled down to this, it's not worth it. All my 3 toons are at 12k gs without a shimmer of cash.

3rd, yah, i started the game last march so i was only able to participate on those 4 tourneys you mentioned. But, heck, is it my fault that boss raids are not there anymore? no, i was only able to take advantage of what was given to me by a free to play game, and it will stay that way for me.

Yes, it's a money grab for spenders, peace
    well, the thing I dun really like about endless tower is that it sort of forces you to play at certain time interval due to the tickets. and when you have the time, you dun have the ticket and have to wait.

I dun like the idea of a game controlling my play time.

also, there's nothing to gain from endless tower now. same as LHB. so farming at either makes no difference to me in terms of getting coins or reagents or gears or earning VP. even after the update, tower doesn't drop new reagents and T9 gold gears.

yes, skills can get you further in tower. but if a person has no skill, he can make up the VP by spending gems. so ultimately it still depends on how much gems you can spend to gain top places. and of course how much time u can play.

by the time new update come, I much rather spend my tickets on fcuking spider rather than tower.
    @pxyche22

Ok, I apologize.
    I just can't play more than 6-8 towers/day and I'm not a very good player either so I'm still glad that endless tornaments are gone.
    I hate pvp also lol.