Options

Arena Matching

ThrageThrage Registered Users 100 Posts
How is your opponent chosen in the arena? Is it solely based on gear sore. Or is it based off of rank then they try to find a close gear score. I ask because some of the top 20 are very low gear score. I know its off season. Not many people really trying. But I'd still like to know how it woks. If your opponent is based only on gear score then there is no point in buying gems to get better gear. Farm a good low level set and smash the new people coming into the arena.

Comments

• Options
    ShadedBladeShadedBlade Registered Users 46 Posts
    Usually around 300 gs + or - for me even at my rank
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    It chooses based on your level, gear score and rank. After taking all that into account it will match you with who ever is queuing up that is closest.
  • Options
    DjuxoDjuxo Registered Users 18 Posts
    "who ever is queuing up that is closest"
    So 4000 gs between 2 players is close ? Are you killing me ? Since I up my gear to 9K gs I usually fight people who got minimum 12k gs... closest u said ?
    There is a real problem on matching please try to reduce the different between fighters to 2000 gs max, more is unfair and boring ^^
  • Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    Djuxo wrote: »
    "who ever is queuing up that is closest"
    So 4000 gs between 2 players is close ? Are you killing me ? Since I up my gear to 9K gs I usually fight people who got minimum 12k gs... closest u said ?
    There is a real problem on matching please try to reduce the different between fighters to 2000 gs max, more is unfair and boring ^^

It kinda has to be that way since there's only one bracket. I it was sectioned off by gear score (13k+, 10-12.9k, 7-19.9, etc), it would be more about skills, tactics and runes. Too much work i guess.
  • Options
    ShadedBladeShadedBlade Registered Users 46 Posts
    Update: now that I've leveled "was 36 with 2779GS when posted reply, now 40 with 3458" now EVERY match its someone with 4k+, at least 300 more atk, and 4k more HP. Sometimes they suck terribly and I manage to win but 8/10 I'm beat because they're level 46 with all that good unbreakable **** and I'm here with blue-purple tier 6 gear. Also, I got placed with CharlieD. His mage. 14k+ gs. And I'm a measly 3.4, fûck is this? I have some transcendent stuff in the bag I got from cyclops, after I get the reagents maybe I'll do better but still I haven't met a guy with less gs, atk, or hp than me since the start of this season. Believe me I've been checking, kids special takes half my health.. Smh anyway yeah just an update arena match placement is OK sometimes but other times its so unfair.
  • Options
    DjuxoDjuxo Registered Users 18 Posts
    I'm tired to fight 13k+ gs with my 9.5k stuff. And it's not sometimes but always coz I'm in top 100. I'm loosing my patience and just want to stop this game coz the arena matching system is a big ****. Do a good work or do nothing. Glu policy is about nothing ?
    I got 2600 def they got 5200.
    I got 3200 atk they got 4200.
    Explain me where is fair when you are one shooted every time they crit ?
  • Options
    JudgeDeathJudgeDeath Banned Users 55 Posts
    How the **** am I matched vs ppl with 1k or more GS?They 2shot me with any skill -.-
  • Options
    tryp121tryp121 Registered Users 12 Posts
    They dont match u by gs or rank. Its rigged to let the highest gs players win.
  • Options
    tryp121tryp121 Registered Users 12 Posts
    14k gs players get matched with 7k gs players who are 5+ ranks LOWER! In other words, the arena is riggged by these ***** developers.
  • Options
    SGTschueSGTschue Registered Users 17 Posts
    I was just in the top 100(80th to be exact) with an 1186 GS mage. I was all the way up to rank 3 x1 star. It appeared as though all my matches were against people with similar GS AND were within 2 ranks of me. Then, all of a sudden, I am facing a player with 15200 GS!!! The match was over in 3 swings of his sword. How is that fair? Then I had to fight the #3 arena ranked player. He had 15k GS too. This is ridiculous. I have literally waited hours to find a opponent this tournament. Where were all these 14-15k GS players then?