Is this game worth playing again?

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
Is it possible to make any progression without spending hundreds of gems?

Comments

• TruthTruth Registered Users 67 Posts
    Do you really think the leaderboard "gem spenders" are using "actual money"?
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Honestly, where this company has brought itself too, I couldn't care less if they stole off Glu. In fact, I'd do the same if I had the resources. They're so focused on making everything pay to do anything that people have taken alternatives to make progress.
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Thinlce progressing w/o money was always possible it is only a but slower and people hate to wait , i am one of the good players and good wellknown as i can tell , have a mage of gs13324 , didn't spent a cent till now , ofc people that played same time amount and spent have 2 chars with +13K now so yea progression w/o money has been always possible
  • Sera2404Sera2404 Registered Users 43 Posts
    No you cant. And if someone says you can, he is lying. First of all new stages need gold runes. In fact they need two different set of gold runes. So you need 16 gold runes. Only for the runes you need to spend at least 200 euros, if you are very lucky. Also reagents drop is very poor. Basically if you log in you ll see in town many people that have tier 9 weapons not fully evolved cause they cant find shards. Mohamed above who says its possible has only 13324gs, when max gs right now is around 16-17k. And this is 3-4 months after the introduction of tier 9 gear. Of course there is the alternative of joining a Top 3 guild, or getting hof every week. That can help you, not a lot, but a bit. If you want to play this game you need to spend Money, or to find a way to hack
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Sera2404 wrote: »
    No you cant. And if someone says you can, he is lying. First of all new stages need gold runes. In fact they need two different set of gold runes. So you need 16 gold runes. Only for the runes you need to spend at least 200 euros, if you are very lucky. Also reagents drop is very poor. Basically if you log in you ll see in town many people that have tier 9 weapons not fully evolved cause they cant find shards. Mohamed above who says its possible has only 13324gs, when max gs right now is around 16-17k. And this is 3-4 months after the introduction of tier 9 gear. Of course there is the alternative of joining a Top 3 guild, or getting hof every week. That can help you, not a lot, but a bit. If you want to play this game you need to spend Money, or to find a way to hack

Well Sera, it is a difference if he was asking is it possible to be the best in game without spending cash. That would be a no.
    But to keep making progression, enjoying a good hack and slash game just for the heck of it to make the time pass. It is definitely still a really good game altho all the flaws in it. So I would say progress is def possible.
    I got a lot of friends who play this game just for the heck of it, they are slowly leveling up and getting better and better gear. They are like only level 30-40 but play like a small time every now and then.
    I got all my Three characters to 50 without spending cash, only used my received gems for inv slots. But then I wanted to be one of the best so yeah started spending.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    Is this game worth playing again?
    Yes, barely. There is a new map area but you can only get half way in legendary mode (it is bugged beyond purple mist area.
    ThinIce wrote: »
    Is it possible to make any progression without spending hundreds of gems?
    Yes but you wont get gold runes (which you need)

Short videos introductions to ubuntu- TUCS
    8 mins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6mr7g7wVQ
  • warrior22warrior22 Registered Users 95 Posts
    I would not say that sera. It is possible to progress without spending little slower though. I have 3 chars 2 with 12k and warrior with 14k gs and never spent no real money. I would agree I am not like u guys 16k but I assume i would get to 15k soon by looking at my inventory. I have only two runes which are of gold and all others purple. But I can kill minotaur most of the time (though it take 3 mins).
    - Hunter :p;)
  • Sera2404Sera2404 Registered Users 43 Posts
    SirD we know eatchother too well, right? :) Can a 13 k gs player beat a 16 k gs in PVP? Well, he can now only because arena is lagging, otherwise no chance, except maybe if you play against Trapeciya, whoom everyone can beat. Ok, I agree that you can play this game slowly, without spending cash. It is possible. But you will be two, or three steps behind all time. Soon, they will add more ice stories. People with 12-13 k gs wont be able to play these now, maybe after 2-3 months. If someone is ok with this delay then yes, its possible
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    SirD we know eatchother too well, right? :) Can a 13 k gs player beat a 16 k gs in PVP? Well, he can now only because arena is lagging, otherwise no chance, except maybe if you play against Trapeciya, whoom everyone can beat. Ok, I agree that you can play this game slowly, without spending cash. It is possible. But you will be two, or three steps behind all time. Soon, they will add more ice stories. People with 12-13 k gs wont be able to play these now, maybe after 2-3 months. If someone is ok with this delay then yes, its possible

Yes we do :) Agree about Trapeciya, Agree about the rest. You will definitely be behind the spenders unless you are a freak of nature. So yeah you will not win anything or be on top but well you will progress and have fun if you don't take the game to seriously.
  • SirSySirSy Registered Users 60 Posts

Stop being such a realist Sera......how could spending money possibly progress players faster.
    Take your blinkers off sir digit.
  • TruthTruth Registered Users 67 Posts
    SirSy wrote: »
    Take your blinkers off sir digit.

"one of the top 3 mages in the game" does not have blinkers on. I guess several times a day he has to use his left hand after wearing out the right one in his pidgin english.
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Well same as i said in the same time i made a 13K chars a spender have 2chars +13K and leg runes are not a must , mine are all epic from combining or rune offers from tourneys and i can beat leg sq easily , still trying to get 3 ice att runes to beat the minotaur , only rune that i have no epic ones and then i will be able to find my pattern for minotaur
  • howdydodathowdydodat Banned Users 43 Posts
    Thin you and I know each other well... From my standpoint no this game is not worth coming back to... I stick around because unfortunately I have spent some money on this game.... Do yourself a favor and don't download again...
  • UsmankhanUsmankhan Registered Users 12 Posts
    don't know about IOS, but on Android u cant progress even if u spend real $. stages are broken for months and only updates we getting are focus on IAP and no fixes. u cant even try Minotaur let alone killing. been like 3 months since broken(was never workin since release). top 3 invasion players hav really unrealistic score( i dont believe getting over 20k is possible in 1 hr) and GLU dont give a sh!t abt tht. even the infamous hacker jason is still on top in Hall of Fame.
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    howdydodat wrote: »
    Thin you and I know each other well... From my standpoint no this game is not worth coming back to... I stick around because unfortunately I have spent some money on this game.... Do yourself a favor and don't download again...

Such a shame, I really enjoyed my mage character but as soon as tier 9 was released, I lost interest. Game got substantially worse and worse and just when you thought you could actually max a character without spending several hundred, they release new content.

I did even manage to make top 100s on the pvp arena back when it was fair. Guess even skill doesn't accommodate to pay to win.