(iOs Server)A few things that would dramatically improve the whole EW3 Experience

LorenzLorenz Registered Users 13 Posts
Ok, after more than a year playing this game I think I can give away some thoughts about it.

It's a good game, with a lot of strong points on his behalf. Nonetheless i almost always feel some sort of unsatisfaction about it. This is due to the lack of some adjustment deeply needed imo.

1) First of all. Cheaters, Modders, hackers and so on. Getting rid of them would, more than any other thing, improve the experience. A lot of people is going to do what a lot of people usually do, just **** up each other in every possible way, for a personal profit. The entire world suffers from this fact being a truth for at least a 10%, maybe 20% maybe more, who knows. I don't expect this game being an exception clearly, so I wouldn't put the burden of a fair play on the sense of responabilty of users and their conscience. I'd put a person, a moderator, a supervisor, who'd just look into all "strange" situations. If needed more than one. Probably you wouldn't even need to pay them, you'd find them among the players. Clearly a paid one would be far better for obvious reasons.
It's not that difficult finding incoherent spots. I mean when you see a player (whose equipment would barely allow him to beat some bosses maybe with potions) putting down the final hellboy 2 times every minute (which means he actually istakill him, if you count the time to enter and exit and sell equip every now and then) you don't have to be a genius to understand he's clearly not playing fairly.

1b) as an appendix to this issue I want to write a couple of things about the particular situation in arena. Don't know what everyone thinks about it, but I'm definetly a big fan of Pvp as a possibilty, it could be the biggest thing of the game if put down properly. It doesn't work well to say the truth, it's a bit unbalanced when it comes to the efficiency of pgs (monk's too overpowered imo) and suffers deeply from connection problems (i can give 3-0 to top pgs in some moments and lose 3-0 to weaker ones in others) still the main issue is always hacking players. The best thing would be a system to record low quality replays of the matches which could be exported and posted on forums as a proof when you are accusing one player.
Or even a button at the end of a match, somekind of "report this player". When glu receives X warnings about one specific player they could look into it. Let's say 20-30, don't know, maybe more maybe less, it would require a test to see if there would be someone abusing the report button, which is quite probable indeed.
Well there are lots of possibilities if you really want to stop this.

Ok closed the hacking issue chapter , I wanna point out other minor things that would be nice to see.

2) Name changing is stupid. I can't see one good reason to permit that, beside you misstyped you ign and have now "Dork" rather than "Dorik", or "iLoveYouJulia" and she has left you last week. I'm ok with a, let's say, yearly possibilty, but than on player's info page there should be a voice " formerly known as". Changing name only create confusion and helps a lot hackers (oh no again!)

3) Guild name! It is so simple to add it between parenthesis after (or before) players name. Would be a nice improvement when it comes to arena matches and also when you look into tourney rank

4) Idle times! This would be so much loved by players. Many of us are passing to much time on the game, let's make it at least well spent. I mean I can one shot kill Ivar, so it takes 5 secs. Still I can't make it more than 2 times in one minute. That's a lot of time wasted. In tower too, how many times I felt asleep between a wave and the other. Just put the possibility to skip those idle times if wanted.

5) Hunting Tournament. Put Legendary Ivar between the bosses to hunt. You can even put him with the same prize (or slightly better) than normal Ivar.

6) Invasion. That's the most soporific gaming experience i've ever had. Chasing those feathers is something beyond my concept of boredom, still that is the only way to get them and we have to do it, falling asleep so many times! At least make every now and then a special raid with harder enemies and more pleasing prizes

7)Gems. I'm not an easy spender, I'm pretty aged and come from another gaming model businness and that old mentality that goes with it. I had my experience with gems, throughout the tapjoy thing and indeed it was a good advertising i think, since I would definetly spend some on gems if they would be better priced. But i would do this only if I could see the game well supported, and let me say it, it doesn't seem it is, not that much at least.

Ok these are some thoughts, I've others, but I have to go now to take my kids, so i'll stop here and will look later. Hope to find some feedbacks to discuss togheter

Comments

• JangsterJangster Registered Users 4 Posts
    First, let me just come off saying that our effort here will be wasted. Flu simply doesn't give a darn about EW3 or how to fix it anymore.

I do agree that the above would add a lot of end-game experience. I just want to say that Glu may not have the personnel to manage the game. Their games are at best when newly released, but the more you play, the more you get frustrated wanting for more. In an online gaming world, devs are lucky if the people play their games more than a year, given the number of competition.

That is why you see the "First time offer" 5-10$ to get a kick start, and that would be what they want from a player.

I am only playing it during tourney for pvp and some other random times these days. If you have something like 100kvp, you can be a top 50 guild already in some of the tourney. That tells how dead the game is
  • LorenzLorenz Registered Users 13 Posts
    I wasn't thinking my rant could've produced anything, definetly not. It's just a rant, made for the sake of giving away some thoughts on something we all played for so long.
    I just wonder if this gaming businness model could last for many years still. I think that exactly for the fact that the competition became tougher, when you succeed in building a good game it could be more profitable long term if you support it.
    Well, whatever, they have their numbers and they'll do what they think is better for them i guess.

Still nobody forbids us to do some small talk on the game :)

I'd also add some particular event in which you can compete only by paying a little sum, for example 1$ i don't know, but then in those events i'd make not possible to use gems. A way to do a tourney every now and then in which could win everyone and not only cheaters and big spenders. Also a profit for glu and a way to measure this kind of demand.
  • LorenzLorenz Registered Users 13 Posts
    oh, since I was around here, I put in the cauldron another thing.

You should give a sense to the word common, non-rare, rare etc etc
    It's so annoying the reagents drop rate.
    I mean, from my observations on hundreds of Ivar (not that this is an enormous sample, i must say) the percentage of each reagent is totally unbalanced. My numbers tell that there's more less 1,5% souls, 14% hearts, 14% blood and more than 70% sigils. That's not done well let's say the truth. Sigils are supposed to be rare, well they are, not :D

Also another thing. At the beginning with no wings,feathers, runes and tier 8-9-10 equipment we had 40/200 slots on the backpack. Did you realize how much worse got the game when it comes to inventory management? Why not giving a gift after all that changes like 20 more slots, i don't know? It'd be quite honest imo.