Options

Can't serve 2 customers at once with new update.

So my game just updated. I cannot serve two customers at once now. The ingredients for one customer splits out and goes into 2 hands. When I try to pick up the ingredients for the 2nd customer, it won't let me. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    They made it so you can serve part of an order instead of having to wait until both items are done. You have to serve 1 at a time now
  • Options
    I kinda think if you set something down on a warmer you can't combine, but if you don't you can. Will have to pay more attention
  • Options
    Vivian29Vivian29 Registered Users 35 Posts
    I can't combine even without a warmer. I don't like this, it should still be possible to combine.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I was really annoyed by this as well! Being able to split orders is cool but it shouldn't remove the ability to have a one handed combo for a single customer.

Talk about "losing your rhythm"! My timing is completely off now.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    MommarobinMommarobin Registered Users 59 Posts
    Yep, mine too. I was wondering what was going on.....
  • Options
    LilywhiteLilywhite Registered Users 3 Posts
    I registered specifically to complain about this. This will.make it impossible to get Served All Customers on some of the levels if you have to make two trips when you used to be able to make one. This literally ruins the game for me. :(
  • Options
    Silver WolfSilver Wolf Registered Users 12 Posts
    The answer to your problems is to get good. It doesn't stop you finishing any level without boosts while serving all customers. You show me one level you say is impossible and I guarantee I can do it.
  • Options
    phaedrusphaedrus Registered Users 47 Posts
    Lots of complaints about this, but I think it is better. I've been able to get 5 stars on some old levels that I didn;t think were possible without spending lots of gold on upgrades.
  • Options
    Vivian29Vivian29 Registered Users 35 Posts
    It's not a matter of "getting good". I can serve all my customers, but it was a useful feature to be able to combine dishes, and I don't like that they removed it. It disturbs the nice flow for me.
  • Options
    ZindziZenaniZindziZenani Registered Users 22 Posts
    All in all, I've gotten used to it, and it's kinda nice (especially with the new restaurant). But I do miss being able to have a combo in one hand.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    The answer to your problems is to get good. It doesn't stop you finishing any level without boosts while serving all customers. You show me one level you say is impossible and I guarantee I can do it.

Very well said, Silver Wolf! We admire your adaptation!
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    All in all, I've gotten used to it, and it's kinda nice (especially with the new restaurant). But I do miss being able to have a combo in one hand.

This is still going as a trial in design change and we're watching all feedback and testimony of our cherished players, trust us, chefs.

We're aware that it has created very mixed reviews (and to tell the truth, we like that), but rest assured a lot of our chief design is based on your feelings and conveyance of our game. So we'll be watching continually how this goes over with you all. Thanks, chefs!
  • Options
    SeiferSeifer Registered Users 12 Posts
    It's good to hear from our Moderator again!

I think the best way to go about dealing with this split of opinions is to give both sides what they want. Make it possible for us to combine food items so that we can serve two food items to a customer using one hand AND make it possible for us to serve items individually to customers who are asking for combos. :D
  • Options
    My solution is to combine the best of both worlds. Let us deliver 1 item at a time, but if we have both ready, let it go on the same plate
  • Options
    ElloHElloH Registered Users 19 Posts
    Changes induce adaptations.
    The ability to serve one already prepared dish to a customer is surely an advantage,but I agree with others that in addition to this new ability,we should also have the previous capacity to serve two dishes on the same plate as before.
    This would definitely be the best!
  • Options

While I'm thrilled to hear that you're so very much more accomplished than I am at this game, and glad that it makes you feel good about yourself, the fact is that if I have to make two trips to do what I used to be able to do in one, that's double the amount of time. That's not me being "bad" at the game; that's math. Some levels are intended to be difficult to complete in the time allotted, particularly in kitchens that are set up so that every trip to the customers means a lengthy run around inconveniently-placed counters. Doubling the number of times you have to take that trip makes some boards much more difficult, to the level that they are impossible for me. I apologize for not being as great as you at Gordon Ramsay Dash, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about a change in game mechanics that makes the game more difficult for me. Jeez.
  • Options
    Seifer wrote: »
    It's good to hear from our Moderator again!

I think the best way to go about dealing with this split of opinions is to give both sides what they want. Make it possible for us to combine food items so that we can serve two food items to a customer using one hand AND make it possible for us to serve items individually to customers who are asking for combos. :D

I agree with this. I was pleased to log in and see that it said "you CAN serve one item to a customer who requests a combo." I was not as thrilled to learn that, in this case, "CAN" meant "MUST."
  • Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    Lilywhite wrote: »
    While I'm thrilled to hear that you're so very much more accomplished than I am at this game, and glad that it makes you feel good about yourself, the fact is that if I have to make two trips to do what I used to be able to do in one, that's double the amount of time. That's not me being "bad" at the game; that's math. Some levels are intended to be difficult to complete in the time allotted, particularly in kitchens that are set up so that every trip to the customers means a lengthy run around inconveniently-placed counters. Doubling the number of times you have to take that trip makes some boards much more difficult, to the level that they are impossible for me. I apologize for not being as great as you at Gordon Ramsay Dash, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about a change in game mechanics that makes the game more difficult for me. Jeez.

If one person can complete a level and serve all customers while taking 2 trips and you can't, that's called not being as good at the game, not math. This change actually makes the game easier. No more waiting with your hands full waiting for a dish so you can serve the salad you already had done. Serve salad, grab the next customers drink, grab rest of order. Piece of cake. If you're having trouble on a level, I'm sure you can upgrade something or use a boost to get through it. I mean are you really waiting around for 3 or 4 things to finish? If so, that might be your problem.

Another thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is how much better this makes LL. No more carrying a carrot and a steak that need the glaze and mushrooms and getting it backwards because another customer sat down and ordered a steak with the glaze. If it gets screwed up, you can serve the order to different customers.