It gets much harder to earn uncommon tickets!

The one thing Glu didn't consider when they "revamp" (or screw) the duelling system is that, once you can no longer be assigned to an opponent of lower rank, you have to spend more vip dishes on generally all opponents, and you have higher chance of losing (which will always gift you common ones that may potentially could have been uncommon had you won), and you duel less (unless you keep splurging real money in game, maybe that's the point for developers :P), and so you have far lesser chance of getting uncommon tickets, apart from Marconi's 3 tickets in boss duel.

So what even with free coins video when you run out of fast feet? Oh and, for human players, there is no guarantee that they won't forfeit your duel.

And there are more items in ticket shop that demands uncommon tickets more than anything else. Duel coins are exception for example.

Nowadays, I can barely increase my ticket income after wanting to buy gold with that. Before that, I get 10 - 19 per week. Now I already am happy that I can still maintain like 9 tickets per week.

Comments

• LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Probably just me but I've found it's much easier to beat the AI opponents when they challenge you first. As for the blue tickets, that sucks if their drop rate has been nerfed.
  • SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    Hmm..... I am still getting opponents of lower ranks, but no more computerised players.

I just got a rare ticket and a uncommon ticket today. These two duels are those that I won using less & weaker boosts than my opponents. I think if you use less or less powerful boost but still win, you get bigger rewards. I almost always get common ticket in duels that I am 100% going to win.
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    I have battled 35 times since the reset, and won a common grey ticket every single time. I am considering throwing my Duel Challenges to end up in the 1300 range to get the blue tickets. I earn plenty of gold tickets beating Gordon Ramsay in the boss matches. It just makes me sad to give up the gold bars to get the blue tickets. Chef Duels used to be my favorite part of the game, now with the AI matches, always earning a common ticket and extremely rarely getting challenged myself, it is my least favorite thing. I like the unpredictability of battling actual people. It was never boring. Now the battles have become monotonous with disappointing rewards.
  • Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Oh I really like the chef Duels now. I feel like I get more Duels sent my way. As for the gray/blue tickets, I'm low on both of those but find that it is my fault because I use them for gold and coins. It's gonna take me a lot of Duels to get enough for the GP wings for wishelin.
  • BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    Finally, for the first time ever, I got 8 uncommon tickets from a ticket mystery box after defeating Grandma for the 2nd time ever just 10 minutes ago (1st time defeat was last week, awarded I think 10 common tickets)

Also you know that ticket mystery box that is in the duel shop for 100 common tickets? That one almost always gives me 6 rare tickets, and only twice ever 1 epic ticket, never ever awarded me uncommon ones whenever I have enough to buy the box.

And ever since this topic here, last week since I become a sous chef I almost always got uncommon tickets for almost all winning duels for 2 days (Friday and Saturday), and some for Sunday, and I do not switch to weaker/"incorrect" vip dishes. Seems to me personally I have more chance to farm them after I become a sous chef.

The game also seems to very likely award me rare tickets if I defeat my constant nemesis after a few losses against the same opponent .... this week I managed to defeat UCLA JSAM as my first win as a Chef de Partie at Delish n Chips.