What's the point of Chef Duels?

Possibly a stupid question but I've just recently realized that we don't actually earn any money from duels and the points reset all the time. Unless you invest a lot of time and money, there is no way to get to the level that gives good prizes like gold tickets.

So, other than fame and glory (or daily / hub task) what is the point of duels? I don't get it... :confused: Am I missing something?

Comments

• AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    Last 3 weeks I've spent on unlocking total 6 venues and reaching some adequate levels of upgrades in them to get 100* and having some chance when Chef Duel is placing at them. Because I stick somewhere around 1200-1250 points every week I need to gain 200 points each week to get the Saucier rank, thus getting one epic ticket (on Monday you points are cut down from 1400ish to flat 1200). 200/week means around 30points a day - which on the best case is just 3-4 wins with Chefs on your rank (10-14 per win) or when playing ultra safe 10 surrenders/wins from fights way behind you - per day. I don't think this is so much time investment when you mix the Duels among different ranks.

I wonder what are point caps for other ranks. If you could place your observations here we could help build some great knowledge database.
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    Well, my observation so far is that duels are a waste of time and resources. :)

I don't have tons of upgrades, even though I've already completed 3 venues with all stars. In the duels, I'm constantly matched with someone who has way more upgrades. If they also use a boost (and I have no way to know it in advance) there is no way I can possibly win. And it looks like losing throws you way far back.

It might make more sense if the duel conditions were more fair. E.g. Similar level of upgrades and either no boost or you both chose to use 1-2. Then it's purely skill and luck. But with the current conditions I feel like a sucker to be used by much stronger players when they challenge me. And I don't get any coins back if I use boosters (there have been complaints about that in the forum already). That's why I'm wondering what exactly is the point of the chef duels.
  • brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    Tickets/gold at the end of the week. I only do duels when my daily goals require it
  • punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    I kind of like duels as it gives me a reason to keep improving the various restaurants (which I assume is also why the developers like duels, it encourages people to keep getting more gold...).

I also play Cooking Dash and on that one, once you 5-star all the levels it feels pretty pointless to play them over again. On Ramsay Dash it's kind of nice to revisit a restaurant you're particularly strong at.
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    I complete the duels to earn tickets to purchase auto chefs and gold. My goal is to end the week in the 1300's to get the max blue tickets. I earn golden tickets from the boss duels in the chef arena. You won't be evenly matched if you choose quick duel. Instead, click on the trophy icon. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. These people will have similar or even lower stats. You can click their picture to see their win/loss/ties stats. This greatly improves your chance of winning over the quick duel option. Good luck!
  • AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    M0M wrote: »
    (...) You won't be evenly matched if you choose quick duel. Instead, click on the trophy icon. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. These people will have similar or even lower stats. You can click their picture to see their win/loss/ties stats. This greatly improves your chance of winning over the quick duel option. Good luck!

That's exactly what I am doing. And I can get 1400 from now on :)
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    I play it for the end-of-week rewards, and also the ticket earned each duel. Winning is a nice feeling, especially over higher ranked players xD
  • BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    Good tips, thank you, all!
  • Smag78Smag78 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hi everybody

How is it that some players are scoring 2000 & more points in the chef duels?
    i have 100 % upgrades in all my restaurants and Have paid to have all 3 boosters available but still cannot reach the 2000 mark in duels, what is it that they’re doing that I’m not, there’s got to be something they’re doing to maximise their scores.
    What are the tips to score more points , anyone ?